Allardyce on SKY today

Big Geordie

To be fair, he could be referring to the fact that he wasn't allowed the money he'd been promised (by the former board) to buy the players he wanted. In that case 'big' means rich and ambitious. Perhaps we are rich and ambitious, but we haven't acted like it since Souness spent 50M on utter s****.

I think that is what he is getting at. He has made it quite clear he though when he joined us he would be spending megabucks.

To be fair, he could be referring to the fact that he wasn't allowed the money he'd been promised (by the former board) to buy the players he wanted. In that case 'big' means rich and ambitious. Perhaps we are rich and ambitious, but we haven't acted like it since Souness spent 50M on utter s****.

I think that is what he is getting at. He has made it quite clear he though when he joined us he would be spending megabucks.

Then he can fuck off. If he is this self proclaimed "Good Manager" then he should be able to manage the players at his disposal, not just spend tons of money. Fucking pitful excuse to blame not haveing money to spend on his own failure

although the newspaper comment is laughable, i dont think much of what he has said this morning on sky is wrong tbh

What it's all our fault "putting too much pressure on the players"..which is basically what he said.

Fuck off.

Then he can f*** off. If he is this self proclaimed "Good Manager" then he should be able to manage the players at his disposal, not just spend tons of money. f****** pitful excuse to blame not haveing money to spend on his own failure

To be fair if you want to be up the top the league you need to spend money.

Then he can f*** off. If he is this self proclaimed "Good Manager" then he should be able to manage the players at his disposal, not just spend tons of money. f****** pitful excuse to blame not haveing money to spend on his own failure

No one in their right mind expected to be top of the league. But we expected to go to places like Derby and Reading and look to win the game not set up for a draw.

Oh absolutely agree. I just think its a really flimsy excuse, if he is suggesting he didnt get megabucks. He did buy Barton so he just needs to be careful about suggesting he could have been excellent at buying players for Newcastle. He was good at Bolton at buying older players at the end of their career - he was unproven at knowing how to spend megabucks

No one in their right mind expected to be top of the league. But we expected to go to places like Derby and Reading and look to win the game not set up for a draw.

I dont think I said TOP OF THE LEAGUE. I am not discussing Sam as a manager as that is obvious he was shite, I am looking at what he said.

I dont think I said TOP OF THE LEAGUE. I am not discussing Sam as a manager as that is obvious he was shite, I am looking at what he said.

I missed up out. Big deal.

What he said is bollocks. End of story.

Oh absolutely agree. I just think its a really flimsy excuse, if he is suggesting he didnt get megabucks. He did buy Barton so he just needs to be careful about suggesting he could have been excellent at buying players for Newcastle. He was good at Bolton at buting older players at the end of their career - he was unproven at knowing how to spend megabucks

I fully agree he cant gloss over the signings of Smith & Barton. I also read somewhere he talked about signings his 3rd & 4th choice defenders but we still signed them so he shouldn't complain.

although the newspaper comment is laughable, i dont think much of what he has said this morning on sky is wrong tbh

What it's all our fault "putting too much pressure on the players"..which is basically what he said.

f*** off.

thats not realy what he said though is it? you must have selective hearing mate.

what he said was it takes a big player to play in front of 52,000 people, and we have had a few in the past who it has destroyed because they couldnt cope with it, we need 'big' players.

i didnt hear him say it was our fault?

i didnt think he was having a go, i dont think our place is much different to anywhere else to be honest, great when things are going well, not when it isnt. take villa park yesterday, their fans were whinging in the first half, some boo's at half time, and sdtamford bridge wasnt to dis-similar last time we were there.

if you want to spit your dummy and take offence over what he didnt say, nee bother, but dont tell me to fuck off when i choose to listen to what actualy came out of his mouth

f*** off.

thats not realy what he said though is it? you must have selective hearing mate.

what he said was it takes a big player to play in front of 52,000 people, and we have had a few in the past who it has destroyed because they couldnt cope with it, we need 'big' players.

i didnt hear him say it was our fault?

i didnt think he was having a go, i dont think our place is much different to anywhere else to be honest, great when things are going well, not when it isnt. take villa park yesterday, their fans were whinging in the first half, some boo's at half time, and sdtamford bridge wasnt to dis-similar last time we were there.

if you want to spit your dummy and take offence over what he didnt say, nee bother, but dont tell me to fuck off when i choose to listen to what actualy came out of his mouth

I heard him blame everyone but himself.

And I wasn't telling you to f*** off. I was telling him.

So why are you commenting on it then? :razz: ;)

Because Chez mentioned that it was 10% of ours which was over £100 million, I responded by saying I didn't know how much Man U had.

It's a bit like somebody mentioning anything to you which you don't know about and just replying stating that.

His methods will never work at a big club. Don't think he'll get to manage a bigger club than newcastle again, tbh. Probbaly will have stints at Boro, West Ham and back at Bolton and that's it. Average manager. Not one to remember.

You've all seen how many games now without Allardyce? And you still think he was utter shite? So how come we were utterly horrendous yesterday then? Keegan just as bad as Allardyce then?

Let me spell it out for you...

The Players are not good enough

If you want to point to his buying policy last summer then point the finger of blame at the board.

Guest Knightrider

You've all seen how many games now without Allardyce? And you still think he was utter shite? So how come we were utterly horrendous yesterday then? Keegan just as bad as Allardyce then?

If you want to point to his buying policy last summer then point the finger of blame at the board.

Big lettering speaketh the truth, Big Sam or no Big Sam, KK or no KK. Until we rectify this we will struggle regardless of who is managing this shower of a 'team'

You've all seen how many games now without Allardyce? And you still think he was utter s****? So how come we were utterly horrendous yesterday then? Keegan just as bad as Allardyce then?

Amen to that!

Guest neesy111

tell me where was Fat Fred going to get these Mega-Bucks from??

most financial experts said we we're months away from going into administration

he still spent over 25 million all and all of them except beye and faye have been shite

the board backed him as they did give him money, so u can't blame them and didn't he say he was happy with his signings and then blames them

the football recently has been a hell a lot better under keegan despite the results remember liverpool at home wigan away when we didn't manage a shot on goal

the fact that derby's only win will be against us

he should of been sacked sooner TBH

he still spent over 25 million all and all of them except beye and faye have been s****

the board backed him as they did give him money, so u can't blame them and didn't he say he was happy with his signings and then blames them

the football recently has been a hell a lot better under keegan despite the results remember liverpool at home wigan away when we didn't manage a shot on goal

I'm not saying Fat Fred would have given him more funds as I don't know that, but in the cold light of day it's not hard to see why we are struggling and that is because we did not invest enough last summer. Allardyce had to sign a whole new defence, three midfielders and also got a forward. £25 million gets you nothing when you need that many players. As he had so little money for what was needed he had to take a chance on foreign players in defence and I can understand why he got Smith to cover a few different areas with the squad being small. I also think he went for Smith and Barton because it would have been asking too much to have people new to the league in both defence and midfield.

he still spent over 25 million all and all of them except beye and faye have been shite

Amen to that !