The Fans: "Everyone Hates Newcastle United" - the Victimology Thread

GM

When Keegan got the job, there were days of fawning, blanket coverage of it, almost all of it positive.

There have been a few bitchy articles of late, but I do think you're blowing it up out of proportion a little.

Every club's fans think the media hates them - witness the "why are we always last on MOTD, the BBC hates us" kind of argument you get everywhere.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, KK et al just have to do what they think they have to do to sort things out, what other people think really doesn't matter.

It's typical of the media, one minute they build somebody or something up then they set about bringing them down, it's been going on for as long as I can remember, that doesn't change what they are doing now to us although it's nothing that they haven't done before to a lot of clubs/players/managers.

When Keegan got the job, there were days of fawning, blanket coverage of it, almost all of it positive.

There have been a few bitchy articles of late, but I do think you're blowing it up out of proportion a little.

Every club's fans think the media hates them - witness the "why are we always last on MOTD, the BBC hates us" kind of argument you get everywhere.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, KK et al just have to do what they think they have to do to sort things out, what other people think really doesn't matter.

It's typical of the media, one minute they build somebody or something up then they set about bringing them down, it's been going on for as long as I can remember, that doesn't change what they are doing now to us although it's nothing that they haven't done before to a lot of clubs/players/managers.

That's the point. If it wasn't you, it'd be someone else. There's an awful lot of hours to fill on an awful lot of channels these days.

What fucks me off isn't so much that, it is the obssession with talking up London clubs, like Spurs and - laughably - the famed Yo Yo club West Ham, who appear to have been promoted to a colossus of European football of late.

That's the point. If it wasn't you, it'd be someone else. There's an awful lot of hours to fill on an awful lot of channels these days.

What fucks me off isn't so much that, it is the obssession with talking up London clubs, like Spurs and - laughably - the famed Yo Yo club West Ham, who appear to have been promoted to a colossus of European football of late.

I'm guessing that we'll be handing the media interest over to Liverpool soon, they'll big up the fans trying to buy the club then they'll go after them when it fails.

We're not losing games because of negative media articles, negative fans, conspiracies, bad luck or anything else for that matter. We're losing games because we're nowhere near as good as some of us think we are. We're an average side with a handful of good players. The league table doesn't lie at this stage of the season and we're only slightly better than the real dross at the bottom end of the league. If people are looking to apportion blame, they need to look a bit closer to home imo.

We're an easy club to make fun of though. Part of it is down to the Reign of the Fat Bastard in my view. Now I know he has his fans here so I don't want to start anything off, but if you have a blustering blimp mouthing off to the national press about punching people on the nose, Geordie women being dogs etc, it makes it a lot easier to take the piss. Big Mike Ashley with his toon shirt is going to get it for sure. Add Dennis Wise to the mix, with Keegan in charge and you can see why the Press will practically set up camp at St James.

On the other side though, despite all the mockery, I think there is a lot of genuine affection for Keegan, and if he can turn things round we'll get our share of good press.

You could be onto something here GM, I think we're f****** s****.

Deep down I think we all think that we're fucking shite. We are all embroiled in a massively self-indulgent bout of self-flaggelation and self-hatred which is perfectly natural for anyone who's been subjected to years of vile sexual abuse, buggery and torture at the hands of Shepherd, Souness and Allardyce.

Fuck it. Ashley should wheel out a load of hairshirts made up like NUFC strips. Now I bet they'd sell like fucking hot cakes.

You are either, on you own too much and haven't taken your Prozac, or, you are projecting your own self-loathing onto the largest palette you know of.

Of course the media love to mock and make up stories about us.If they didn't there is a load of news-print and air-time gone to waste.  :razz:

Guest f***thepress

The press have never FORGIVEN us for having the CHEEK to challenge Man Spew for the title , now they hate us cos weve got Ashley in charge and Sir Kevin back, fuck em , fuck em all!

I think we are on the recieving end of far too many bad decisions, especially goals being disallowed. I know it happens but it seems to happen to us more. Most games I watch it usually happens to other teams that are seen as lesser teams but with us it happens no matter who we play, home or away. Its not just the 50/50 decisions, it can be 95/5 and it will still go against us. I`m sure our players get sent off easier aswell.

It'll just make it taste that much sweeter when we do turn it around.

The top four have always been scared of what we may become, because they know we're the one club outside them that has that potential.

So all this bollocks they spout in the press and from the terraces are just their way of trying to keep us down!

Lets face facts, you hate a club if you feel threatned by it, so Kev with Ashley's Millions will certainly be worrying those Above us! And if Mini Me upstairs can get a similiar structure to Arsenals in place then I can see we'd be really feared!

Up the fooking toon!    :clap2:

TBH the press have had it fairly easy with us for the last couple of years; comical appointments, infighting, bad results and the deluded masses thinking we'll break the top four at any moment (probably include myself at one point).

I do think they( the press) have been unfair since Ashley has been in charge, it seems to me that Ashley and co. are setting up a business model to better Newcastle United whilst at the same time they should start making dollars from us.

Lazy journalism and cheap shots just maintain my view that the "broadsheets" are tabloids in black and white print, the level of journalism over all sectors has plummeted seriously over the past couple of years...or is it society itself has dumbed down i8nto a gibbering superficial circus???

Rant over!

TBH the press have had it fairly easy with us for the last couple of years; comical appointments, infighting, bad results and the deluded masses thinking we'll break the top four at any moment (probably include myself at one point).

I do think they( the press) have been unfair since Ashley has been in charge, it seems to me that Ashley and co. are setting up a business model to better Newcastle United whilst at the same time they should start making dollars from us.

Lazy journalism and cheap shots just maintain my view that the "broadsheets" are tabloids in black and white print, the level of journalism over all sectors has plummeted seriously over the past couple of years...or is it society itself has dumbed down i8nto a gibbering superficial circus???

Rant over!

Your last question is the right one.....!

To be honest not seen the same amount of articles with so much loathing and hatred directed at other clubs, I think its nailed on the press/system actually hate Ashley and are subsequently turning up the heat on us as they try to nail him

To be honest not seen the same amount of articles with so much loathing and hatred directed at other clubs, I think its nailed on the press/system actually hate Ashley and are subsequently turning up the heat on us as they try to nail him

To be fair, how much do you read about the other clubs? I know I don't read nearly enough about them as I do about Newcastle.

Mind, even the Swedish media is picking up on it now:

. . . With three minutes to go, SJP went quiet when Robert Huth equalised. Downing later had a shot in the post, on which the rebound Aliadiare scored, though he was flagged offside.

Could've been a proper fiasco for Newcastle.

On the other hand, Newcastle were wrongly denied a goal in the first half, when Owen tackled the Schwarzer...So, 1-1 was a fair result. [Note that there is no mention that their goal shouldn't have been and that the second one was rightly ruled off-side. Someone tell me how the maths work, please?]

Keegan didn't buy a single player in the January transfer-window, the only changes for the Magpies was that Dennis Wise was appointed as "executive director of football" to sit in Newcastles office in London. What does an executive director do? Appearently, he's supposed to, for his massive wages, find and sign players, basically doing what the manager should do. How long will it take before Wise starts giving Keegan some "tips" on how the team should play?

Newcastle have been a joke this whole season, and I think it will get even worse in the future

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/kronikorer/wennman/article1761291.ab

Roughly translated.

Guest sittingontheball

It matters when its the ref and he disallows a valid goal!

Hate is the wrong word, but the press do have some kind of "joke club" agenda for Newcastle.  How many of you know when was the last time West Ham won a trophy? During how many West Ham games is it mentioned? The answer's 1980. That's 28 years ago. Is that significantly different to 39 years ago for us? For Man Citeh, its 1976. That's 32 years ago. Is that mentioned every time Man City plays? Are Citeh fans constantly referred to as "starved of success"? Is Sven under pressure to do something about it? Because Keegan is. Its how he'll be judged as a success or failure. By the press, that is.

Guest shaun11177

Does anyone actually buy a newspaper to read about Newcastle anymore? I get my info about the club from site and The Mag and other supporters and what the Guardian or Sun says is of on no interest to me whatsover nor are those dreadfull radio phone ins.

If you want to shut them up win more games, but another way is to totally ignore them, then they are just pissing in the wind. They dont care what your opinion is so why care what theirs is.