Keegan Interview Finished - Recap/Listen Again 1st Post

Greg

do you lot really think he is going to say "oh him,don't fancy him,any offer in the summer and he can go" about any of the playing staff ?

"You lot"? Where is there anyone other than Sniffer taking it like you've suggested?

Boo Madras. Boo.

Resigned because he was half a season into a contract which he hadn't signed and was not happy with promises being broken.

that is true, but baggy says it was because he said he couldn't motivate the players anymore. He must know Keegan well .....   

mackems.gif

Wonder if he'll say owt about this DOF malarkey, as some people who insist this brings guaranteed success have kept a low profile since Dennis Wise was appointed and KK is very much trying to hide the fact he doesn't like it one iota.

If you're saying he lied in his autobiography then I take it we can't take anything he said in it as fact, like how it wasn't Sir John Hall who wanted him as manager...

As our last few games under him included a 7-1 win over your beloved Spurs, and a 3-0 win over Leeds, it doesn't seem to me they were lacking too much motivation.

I've quoted his comments, a few times.

BTW, he said this quite often, after an occasional bad peformance, but as you don't have too much contact with the team in the watching stakes I don't suppose you will know this.

Resigned because he was half a season into a contract which he hadn't signed and was not happy with promises being broken.

that is true, but baggy says it was because he said he couldn't motivate the players anymore. He must know Keegan well .....   

mackems.gif

Wonder if he'll say owt about this DOF malarkey, as some people who insist this brings guaranteed success have kept a low profile since Dennis Wise was appointed and KK is very much trying to hide the fact he doesn't like it one iota.

If you're saying he lied in his autobiography then I take it we can't take anything he said in it as fact, like how it wasn't Sir John Hall who wanted him as manager...

As our last few games under him included a 7-1 win over your beloved Spurs, and a 3-0 win over Leeds, it doesn't seem to me they were lacking too much motivation.

BTW, he said this quite often, after an occasional bad peformance, but as you don't have too much contact with the team in the watching stakes I don't suppose you will know this.

So you're saying he lied in his autobiography then.

Cheers.

First caller: We lack pace.

Answer: Not the be all end all. Look at the likes of Arsenal. The best teams only have two or three really quick players, the rest are very clever, they have guile. Eg. Rob Lee, David Ginola. Not pacey but clever. (References to likes of Milner/Butt maybe?)

Second caller: Use Shola.

Answer: What i see i like. He can improve even though he's 26. Him and Andy Carroll both ones to work with. Right spirit. Key is they have to deserve to get in the team. Pleased with attitude of all reserves. Keen on following the likes of Middlesbrough/Man City with academy players. Don't do enough at the moment. Challenge for us to get back to the days where Clark, Howey, Watson, etc were coming through.

Third caller: Did you know everything about the Wise thing?

Answer: Not behind my back. Knew i was getting a Director of Football and feel we definitely need that. Chris Mort is a good Chairman but doesn't know masses about football. Ashley wanted a football man. Definitely pleased they chose Wise; fantastic knowledge with football. If we're not able to get local youngsters, the club is right to look further afield. Will make my job easier.

... so far.

Answer: Not the be all end all. Look at the likes of Arsenal. The best teams only have two or three really quick players, the rest are very clever, they have guile. Eg. Rob Lee, David Ginola. Not pacey but clever. (References to likes of Milner/Butt maybe?)

Answer: What i see i like. He can improve even though he's 26. Him and Andy Carroll both ones to work with. Right spirit. Key is they have to deserve to get in the team. Pleased with attitude of all reserves. Keen on following the likes of Middlesbrough/Man City with academy players. Don't do enough at the moment. Challenge for us to get back to the days where Clark, Howey, Watson, etc were coming through.

Answer: Not behind my back. Knew i was getting a Director of Football and feel we definitely need that. Chris Mort is a good Chairman but doesn't know masses about football. Ashley wanted a football man. Definitely pleased they chose Wise; fantastic knowledge with football. If we're not able to get local youngsters, the club is right to look further afield. Will make my job easier.

... so far.

Keep it updated Yorkie and get someone to put it in the first post when it's finished.

mackems.gif

Cheers.

No, I'm saying you're too thick to understand that feeling "unable to motivate players", if true, is more a result of being undermined or not happy with the club, and the direction it is taking, anymore

... so far.

Keep it updated Yorkie and get someone to put it in the first post when it's finished.

I'm off for me tea man. :lol:

mackems.gif

Cheers.

No, I'm saying you're too thick to understand that feeling "unable to motivate players", if true, is more a result of being undermined or not happy with the club, and the direction it is taking, anymore

That's strange because he doesn't put it down to that in his book, I take it that's how you want it to be though.

No surprise to find you following me around yet again though. :la:

mackems.gif

Cheers.

That's strange because he doesn't put it down to that in his book, I take it that's how you want it to be though.

No surprise to find you following me around yet again though. :la:

laughing at you

Well, he's just said we have to pay the going rate if we want a big player.

Fancy that eh.

Are we going to see u-turns from all the people who have said the club shouldn't be paying top dollar anymore for players "for the good of the business"