England team for Wednesday - Owen dropped

Dave

To be fair to Jenas he's playing pretty well at the moment, so Capello's picked him. When was the last time we had a midfielder finding that position to score a tap-in?

No, btw. Before some numpty asks.

Yup, Jenas has been outstanding in his past few games. Ramos has surely given him the license to roam forward and his passing, driving forward ability is pretty good too. When you watch a Tottenham match, you see pretty much Jenas in action most of the time i feel. (Jenas, Lennon and Berbatov)

Rgds,

Ericz.

The front six all show good technique and are all doing well.

Trouble is the back four aren't very technical, apart from Ferdinand. The full backs aren't helping the attack much, and are giving the ball away a lot.

Another problem is Gerrard running backwards to take the ball from the centre backs. If they had more confidence in their passing, he could stay forward.

1-0. Hey ho.

That's why he should have played Lescott or Woodgate in the centre. Upson is a no-nonsense clogger who can't pass a football. I'm still gobsmacked he has started this match.

Richards should have also started instead of Brown to give some impetus down the right.

I could understand playing Brown against a dangerous team when a steadier, more defensive player might be needed and he doesn't want to leave us exposed on the flanks.... but we're playing Switzerland. In a friendly.

Trouble is the back four aren't very technical, apart from Ferdinand. The full backs aren't helping the attack much, and are giving the ball away a lot.

Another problem is Gerrard running backwards to take the ball from the centre backs. If they had more confidence in their passing, he could stay forward.

1-0. Hey ho.

That's why he should have played Lescott or Woodgate in the centre. Upson is a no-nonsense clogger who can't pass a football. I'm still gobsmacked he has started this match.

Richards should have also started instead of Brown to give some impetus down the right.

I could understand playing Brown against a dangerous team when a steadier, more defensive player might be needed and he doesn't want to leave us exposed on the flanks.... but we're playing Switzerland. In a friendly.

i wouldnt say lescott is significantly better than upson at that, plus he's looked shite at this level.

1-0. Hey ho.

Brown is particularly crap at the moment. He's wasting some good situations.

Ericz, really is there any way we can talk you into dropping the regards?

Sorry, but it annoys the hell out of me like.

He could just put it in his signature, but I suppose that's too easy. :razz:

"There's only one David Beckham" sing the crowd.

Yes, and he opted for the enormous money and glam lifestyle in LA in return for sacrificing the closing years of his career, something the stupid cunt might want to think about as he sees out his career - hopefully - stuck on 99 caps.

1-0. Hey ho.

i wouldnt say lescott is significantly better than upson at that, plus he's looked s**** at this level.

ditto... i think Upson's experience helps alot. To be fair, Upson has a alright game.

Regards,

Ericz

Same, sounds elitest. :thdn:

1-0. Hey ho.

i wouldnt say lescott is significantly better than upson at that, plus he's looked s**** at this level.

ditto... i think Upson's experience helps alot. To be fair, Upson has a alright game.

Regards,

Ericz

I guess that'll be a no then.  >:(

"There's only one David Beckham" sing the crowd.

Yes, and he opted for the enormous money and glam lifestyle in LA in return for sacrificing the closing years of his career, something the stupid cunt might want to think about as he sees out his career - hopefully - stuck on 99 caps.

No one would have turned down the money he was offered.

Personally I think Beckham more than deserves his 100th cap and I don't understand how anyone could be annoyed if he got it playing in a meaningless friendly.

1-0. Hey ho.

Lescott is extremely comfortable on the ball. That's why he plays the full back position so well when needed.

He hasn't  performed for England no but in both of those games the whole defence was crap as a unit and there were certain  others that fared worse (step forward Wayne Bridge and Sol Campbell). To judge him on those games is a bit silly.

Anyway, my point was that Upson shouldn't have started because  he has little ability. Whether you think it should have been Woodgate rather than Lescott isn't important.

Fine, happy?

I'm used to doing it in all my student emails and work emails hahahahha Formality doesn't hurt :)

Fine, happy?

I'm used to doing it in all my student emails and work emails hahahahha Formality doesn't hurt :)

Woo! :D