N'Zogbia: good news and bad news

Dave

Guest Stephen927

If he went, he would be extremely hard to replace imo.

Would be very disappointed to see him go, but if he's unhappy then our hands are tied. We definitely shouldn't be held to ransom for him, I reckon anything over £13m if he's going to a Premiership team is a very good deal.

Replacing him, however, is a different story.

His mum and sister are probably stopping at Willie Mckay's London hideout and are using this as an excuse as Dyer and Solano were allowed to leave for that reason.

He's probably contributing to their rent payments in some way  ;)............................. he'll probably be able to claim that as a tax deduction.

I fully agree, and have suggested in the past that the club should steer clear McKay represented players, regardless of ability. McKay has a track record of peddling players, after they have a 'break-out season', to clubs higher up the standings.

I see that Chimbonda - currently not in Ramos' plans - has been raised, as a player many supporters would like to see draped in a Toon shirt.

I'm against such a move for three reasons: 1. He's of a similar age to Beye - mid to late twenties - and with regards to ability there just about on par with each other imo.

2. A Chimbonda has the potential to unsettle an already in-form player in Beye, just as Duff's arrival played a part in unsettling N'Zogbia when it became clear that Zoggy's career, in his preferred position that is, had been effectively been placed on the backburner.

3. The McKay Factor. One good season, let's say one that is measures up to his prolonged run of form prior to the transfer to Spurs, and McKay will be on the phone talking to clubs like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and some higher calibre clubs on the Continent.

and before anyone has a heart attack just ask yourself why there are so many Geordies in Landahn

Better choice of Jobs.

:lol: Hardly rocket science like.

Guest Knightrider

Are we going to get this every year from him? Flog him, he's good but not that good.

Tbh to the lad he's on his 5th manager now at a poorly run club, this is his career and I know I'd be wanting out too. Surprised he has stayed this long to be frank.

Same goes for Milner yet he just gets on with it.

Are we going to get this every year from him? Flog him, he's good but not that good.

Tbh to the lad he's on his 5th manager now at a poorly run club, this is his career and I know I'd be wanting out too. Surprised he has stayed this long to be frank.

Diffrent class of player.

Guest Knightrider

Yet N'Zogbia's Toon career has been pretty similar...

Nah, if he wants out he can fuck off as I'm sure KK will find someone better or use it to our advantage, i.e. as a bargaining tool. If Spurs want him I could see KK saying give me Keane then, or maybe even Lennon.

....potentially

Guest kingdawson

Yet N'Zogbia's Toon career has been pretty similar...

Nah, if he wants out he can f*** off as I'm sure KK will find someone better or use it to our advantage, i.e. as a bargaining tool. If Spurs want him I could see KK saying give me Keane then, or maybe even Lennon.

What do you think our response would be?

Guest kingdawson

Depends how bad you want him because we certainly won't be desperate to get rid.

Judging from the statement we put out, dosen't seem we want him that much tbh. I think £6-8 mill is a fair price.

Guest kingdawson

How much do you value Lennon at, KD?

Think his true value is about £8 mill but i'd be expecting a whole lot more if we were to ever sell him (seeing as he's still young and more importantly English).

Think his true value is about £8 mill but i'd be expecting a whole lot more if we were to ever sell him (seeing as he's still young and more importantly English).

what does the "english" matter. ?....i'd value n'zogbia at more than lennon.

Guest kingdawson

what does the "english" matter. ?....i'd value n'zogbia at more than lennon.

Well it dosen't matter to me personally. Fact is, You have to pay a premium for English players (youngsters in particular). N'zogbia will in no way, shape or form be worth more than Aaron Lennon imho.

i think zogbia is very overated by our fans

Honestly? The last time he was really good this season was Boro away. Everything since that has been slightly above average~poor

Good player, but attitude problems will plague him as long as he stays with us. Wouldn't sell though considering our likely complete inability to buy anyone better.