N'Zogbia: good news and bad news

Dave

Went to see a Monaco game last summer, and there was a lad playing called Menez (he was drifting between LW, CAM, and RW) and he looked a cut above everyone. Tricky, clever, and fast.

............ and expensive!  Rumoured to going to Inter Milan in the summer for €15m.  Wenger wanted him but was offereing something £4m if my memory serves me correctly..

Where is the Zog going anyway? Spurs? Those tight bastards would never pay us, or him, enough cash.

Keegan has already said that Spurs never even spoke to him about Zog.  There was the rumour but that was put around to get a reduced price on Gilberto.  With Bale/Gilberto/Gunter/Malbranque/O'Hara all capable of playing either LB or LM, plus Rose coming through, I don't envisage Spurs making a bid.  If Zog did leave SJP you could always put in a bid for Wipey who is by the revolving doors waiting for the summer.  From first choice LB under Jol to 4th choice under Ramos in the space of about 4 months!

Good point. Good left-wingers are rare commodities.

Proper wingers yes but they aren't really in favour in the modern game.  In years gone by, if a player had a bit of pace or a trick , could whip the occasional cross in and maybe track back he'd be told to hug the touch line and little else.  In today's game though they really need to be better all round footballers.

Obviously the likes of Ronaldo is a special case but other wide players like Cole, Hleb, Rosicky, Giggs, Bentley etc offer far more than you would expect from a winger and get involved a hell of a lot more in other areas of play.  It's becomming a more and more important area of the team and that's why you'll often find the likes of Fabrigas, Gerrard and Rooney playing out there.

And IMO if we are looking for new wide players we shouldn't be looking at the traditional Downing type winger and instead at a left sided midfielder who can offer a lot more.

If we sell him to West Ham or Spurs that would be terrible business. It has to be either a top 4 club or a foreign club IMO. He has 4 years on his contract and we aren't desperate for cash so i think we should be in a strong position.

He's homesick for London even though he's never lived there? His family live in London? Who's fault is that? They could live in Newcastle or he could visit them by flying to London which takes about an hour. Very poor excuses for wanting to leave. If he'd just come out and said he was tired of playing for the constantly underachieving NUFC at least Keegan could then say that he was going to try to bring in players X, Y and Z to change things. As for selling him to Spurs or Arsenal it has to be on our terms. If they want him, make them pay through the nose for him.

Direct swap for Darren Bent.  That would be a good deal for us.

Replace our most innovative player for a striker who can't score. Sounds good to me.

Darren Bent can't score? Just because he hasn't been able to break the Berbatov/Keane partnership irt doesn't mean he is a bad player.

02-03 Ipswich Town 12 Goals, 35 Games

03-04 Ipswich Town 16 Goals, 37 Games

04-05 Ipswich Town 20 Goals, 47 Games

05-06 Charlton Athletic 18 Goals, 36 Games

06-07 Charlton Athletic 14 Goals, 33 Games

07-08 Tottenham 3 Goals, 15 Games(7 starts) 2 Goals, 5 Games (UEFA Cup)

Not a bad record at all, i would welcome Bent here.

Guest Sniffer

Thanks, saved me looking it up.

Unfortunately, our  "most innovative player" has lacked any innovation for the last year and a half and is as much to blame for the inept performances we've seen this season as the rest of them.

Thanks, saved me looking it up.

Unfortunately, our  "most innovative player" has lacked any innovation for the last year and a half and is as much to blame for the inept performances we've seen this season as the rest of them.

I'd say James Milner is the only other player more worthy of the title 'most innovative player'. Zoggy hasn't been brilliant this season, but what attacker can be that productive when they're playing well out of position, be it left-back, centre-mid or right-wing? For one, he's the only player in the squad that i have absolute confidence that he can beat a man one-on-one down the wing.

Meh. I'm bored of standing up for N'Zogbia. If people want to slate the only potential gem in our squad then that's fair enough.

Guest Sniffer

Unless he get's his finger out I'm not that bothered.

Sad to say but I don't think there's anybody in the squad that I'd be pissed off if they aren't here next year.