How long before the fans and media turn on Keegan?

Decky

I just find it ridiculously funny that Keegan can do no wrong :lol:

I went overboard in the match thread, but to say he doesn't deserve any of the blame is ridiculous.

Poor team selection, poor subs and poor "motivation"

Who says he can do no wrong? I disagreed with the line-up, but then we did very well first half. We went to absolute shit in the second half and the subs were late.

Anyone who is judging KK on this season wants their head examining.

KK's time here starts proper in the summer. Until then he is trying to rescue something from a very poor situation.

Cheers Sam

It's quite incredible that people still expect miracles after all the recent s****.

No one expects miracles do they? Today Keegan had a chance to at least show things are going to be different now Sam is gone. The logical selection today would surely have been Enrique, Faye, Emre & Viduka for Carr, Cacapa, Butt/Barton & Smith. But no, I'd have expected that side from Allardyce...and to Allardyce's credit, he would have probably thrown Emre & Viduka on at 2-1 down.

We've got the most over rated, gutless squad in the league. And Viduka et al looked really eager on the bench.

To be honest, did Keegan?

To be honest, no he didn't.

If he wasn't Kevin Keegan, he'd be getting a lot more shit.

not entirely his fault but he picked Butt ahead of Emre, Smith ahead of Viduka and CARR ahead of Enrique

fucking madness

And after 45mins - whilst not being perfect - things were going well. Not the line-up you or I would have picked, but it was working.

not entirely his fault but he picked Butt ahead of Emre, Smith ahead of Viduka and CARR ahead of Enrique

f****** madness

And after 45mins - whilst not being perfect - things were going well. Not the line-up you or I would have picked, but it was working.

Was it though? Surely you must have been concerned even in that first-half Carr's inability to do anything at left-back.

f****** madness

Was it though? Surely you must have been concerned even in that first-half Carr's inability to do anything at left-back.

We played well first half. See the match thread for everyone's thoughts.

Everyone knows Carr is shite, but it was working.

He'll do well in the transfer market - I'm sure of that although I really don't know how he can do much with the mess he's been left by SA.

If he's all that good in the market then why did he just waste a few weeks last month not buying anyone?

He'll do well in the transfer market - I'm sure of that although I really don't know how he can do much with the mess he's been left by SA.

Not if we're in the Championship.

Fair point although he'd have been sacked by then.

If he's all that good in the market then why did he just waste a few weeks last month not buying anyone?

You seriously think it's possible to get quality signings in January?

I feel sorry for you.

Rhetorical question? You know what he said and the sort of players he brought in last time. Hopefully he'll have a massive budget and he'll need it too.

Guest smarty2006

f****** madness

Yeah I think Carr should be Left Back......LEFT BACK ON THE F**KIN BUS!

Guest Knightrider
He's got a lot to f*cking prove tbh.

Have a fucking word man, lot to prove? He owes us fuck all and has nothing to prove to us, if anything we have to prove ourselves to him, i.e. some patience and understanding. Why no Enrique? Perhaps he's not fit enough. Why no Emre? As far as I'm concerned there's no difference between him, Butt, Barton or whoever plays there, they are all NOT GOOD ENOUGH. As for Viduka, he hasn't the legs and I feel KK is keeping him for home games maybe. Seriously though, your comment I've quoted...

We've got the most over rated, gutless squad in the league. And Viduka et al looked really eager on the bench.

If he wasn't Kevin Keegan, he'd be getting a lot more s***.

after 5 games?

have a fucking word man

If he wasn't Kevin Keegan, he'd be getting a lot more s***.

after 5 games?

have a fucking word man

He would be.

Allardyce was getting shit before he even managed us for a game.

But we can't touch King Kev The Messiah can we?

f****** madness

We played well first half. See the match thread for everyone's thoughts.

Everyone knows Carr is s****, but it was working.

Can't agree with all of that Dave - we only played well in patches, we were never the better side by any distance and we were a class below after half-time AS USUAL ; in my view these players are either not properly fit or they cannot play at a high tempo for 90 mins(too old in some cases)

Guest Brummiemag

Im really surprised and very disappointed that a significant proportion of people on this forum are already turning on Keegan. Keegan has had 5 games in charge (2 of which were away at Arsenal), with a poor team which he inherited.  Do people expect miracles overnight?  No wonder fans from other clubs are laughing at us.  I was at the game yesterday and I didnt hear any of the negativity that seems to be spreading across this forum, in fact the fans were superb throughout the game.   The time to start assessing Keegan will be a year or more from now when he's had the time and resources to build a team capable of playing the type of football so many of us want to see.

Lets follow the example of our magnificent away support and get behind KK and the team for the rest of the season because the they are gonna need all the help they can get in the next 3 months.