Organisation

ElDiablo

Is our biggest problem imo. Now Pearson's gone I hope we get some decent coaches in to sort the organisation first in defence then further up the pitch because we all know it's not Keegan's strong point. The simple things aren't getting done and confidence is so low that the players especially the defence are instead of pressuring high up the pitch (which Villa did well) are backing and backing off which means Villa with their Bolton-esque tactic could just float a cross in and one of them would win it. The goals were so pathetic and avoidable is boils my piss to see them keep doing it. By doing this also it means when we do win the ball everyone in so far back there's no options so the only thing to do is to either play your way out then lose it (see Duff and Carr about 5 times) or smash it, meaning it comes straight back.

We've actually got a good bunch of players but to see them play without any system and be the architects of their own downfall is terrible, needs sorting asap.

how the f*** do you organise a defence with Taylor and Carr in it? it's like quoting shakespeare to 5 year olds

Taylor is not that bad, but fair point about Carr. I think you organise someone else to lock him in the dressing room.

how the f*** do you organise a defence with Taylor and Carr in it? it's like quoting shakespeare to 5 year olds

Taylor is not that bad, but fair point about Carr. I think you organise someone else to lock him in the dressing room.

Carr evidently still doesn't know the rules. The clue's in the name of the game, Stephen...

Carr evidently still doesn't know the rules. The clue's in the name, Stephen...

Clearly he just thought that since it was 3-1 already, and Barton had already gotten away with a corker, he might as well give it a go for some shits and giggles and see how far he could go and get away with it.

Comic genius.

Villa, and especially Carew, obviously thought it was hilarious!

In defence of 5 year olds they could have picked a better team today ,my freinds son said he  want to go for a stephen carr and his dad told him it was first on the left at the top of the stairs  :pottytrain4:

• 1 month later...

Watching us in the last two games, the organisation of the midfield especially and also the defence in stepping up when appropriate has been fucking MILES better. Brilliant to see that Houghton (sp?) has made such a good impact on the side so quickly as I had my doubts about him at first. Brilliant, look like a different team.

Guest Stephen927

One niggle is they backed off a couple times, not too often but it was evident when we went 3-0 up.

Overall, much improved. I'm impressed.

I thought a team with a bit more quality or pace (Kitson must be the slowest man in the Premiership) would have scored the opener.  They had some good chances and Beye in particular had to make some last ditch tackles.  But after we went up, they were dead in the water.