Sunday result, one year ago. What's different?

DJ_NUFC

The team we had out:

Harper

Taylor

Onyewu

Bramble

Babayaro

Solano

Parker

Butt

Milner

Dyer

Martins

Result: Newcastle 2 - 1 Liverpool.

Reasons?

Possible:

- Attacking formation

- Confidence (Roeder the *ahem* genius)

- Nobby & Dyer

- Parker? Butt?

- Oba in form.

Where have we gone wrong?

On paper, we actually have a better defence. Of course, in the middle Nobby was never replaced, and neither was Dyer's pace (as useless as it was). So it's 100% down to midfield, organisation and confidence then, it seems.

*Sigh.*

Guest wuthering ballsack

We were spawny as fuck against Liverpool. Scoring from a fuck up from their keeper and a dive for a penalty. Rarely trouble Reina other than that. Whereas Liverpool battered us in the first half.

I'll tell you why it went well.

Against Liverpool we went for the win, our players were 100% up for it and so were the home support, the players have looked like they simply don't give a s*** recently. We couldn't even score more than one goal in two home games, against Boro or Bolton.

Our midfield against Liverpool was far more effective than our current midfield. Parker and Dyer were two dedicated players who wanted to do well at the club. Parker was a great captain and as he and Butt sat back Dyer would go forward and support Oba properly. That 4-5-1 was looking decent under Roeder. Like I've already said, the players knew they could win that game, and went for it. N'Zogbia cuts in a lot and doesn't always work as a winger, Solano and Milner are wingers.

Even on paper our defence was not looking good that day but Bramble and Onyewu were immense in the air, much like Bramble was towards the end of the season. Taylor and Babayaro played well at right and left back respectively and Stevie Harper made some good saves.

Our team looked proud that day and I was proud of them.

I haven't been proud to be a Newcastle United supporter since the out of touch 'Messiah' took over.

I think some of you are missing the point. I remember watching that game and yes, it was dodgy as fuck, but under Souey and Roeder (until the run-up to his sacking) we had the uncanny ability to grind out results like these, especially at home.

Under BS our 'impenetrable fortress' we used to be so proud of has become a shantytown leaking mud-hut.

And it's a massive task now for KK to muster the players into some form of action, as I have no idea what they'd been told to do by Allardyce; whatever it was, it definitely wasn't to grind out results to win even if we play like shit.

I think some of you are missing the point. I remember watching that game and yes, it was dodgy as f***, but under Souey and Roeder (until the run-up to his sacking) we had the uncanny ability to grind out results like these, especially at home.

Under BS our 'impenetrable fortress' we used to be so proud of has become a shantytown leaking mud-hut.

And it's a massive task now for KK to muster the players into some form of action, as I have no idea what they'd been told to do by Allardyce; whatever it was, it definitely wasn't to grind out results to win even if we play like s***.

the first half in that game wasn't "grinding" out a result...it was hoping the would keep missing while they fucked up chance after chance.

I think some of you are missing the point. I remember watching that game and yes, it was dodgy as f***, but under Souey and Roeder (until the run-up to his sacking) we had the uncanny ability to grind out results like these, especially at home.

And it's a massive task now for KK to muster the players into some form of action, as I have no idea what they'd been told to do by Allardyce; whatever it was, it definitely wasn't to grind out results to win even if we play like s***.

Whereas now we are playing shit and not getting decent results.

Under the last two regimes, both managers had some decent scalps in their time. We would often raise our game in home games especially against the top teams. Last year Roeder picked up great results at home to the big four. This year with the exception of the Arsenal game we look meek as kittens, a completely soulless rabble. I cant remember looking forward to a home game less than i am about the forthcoming Man Utd game. This season its as if all self belief has been sucked out of the team to the extent where supporters are seriously concerned about picking up points at home versus sides that have previously been there for the taking.

Its a cliche alright, but confidence and team spirit is a vital aspect of a successful football side and we chronically lack in both those departments. I sometimes wonder whether our players even like and respect each other.

anyone remember the 2-2 with manure last season? practically reserves playing and we scored 2 screamers because the players were up for it. we have the africans back, we have a 2 week rest for keegan to get some ideas in and , man united have a game before, and with any luck keegan will make sure we are motivated and in an ideal world without carr smith and butt

anyone remember the 2-2 with manure last season? practically reserves playing and we scored 2 screamers because the players were up for it. we have the africans back, we have a 2 week rest for keegan to get some ideas in and , man united have a game before, and with any luck keegan will make sure we are motivated and in an ideal world without carr smith and butt

Like Ive said, we need to play LuaLua & Troisi, and Edgar would be worth a go.

LuaLua & Triosi look positive players, willing to run at players & try and make things happen. They havent been through the crap of this seaon, and wont have it playing on their minds during the game.

Edgar would be eager to prove himself and has shown plenty of promose when played.

LuaLua & Triosi look positive players, willing to run at players & try and make things happen. They havent been through the crap of this seaon, and wont have it playing on their minds during the game.

Edgar would be eager to prove himself and has shown plenty of promose when played.

Its unfair to lob in bairns in the vain hope they will somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat. Say we played them v Man Utd and we took a pasting, its only going to have a big negative on their development.

Its unfair to lob in bairns in the vain hope they will somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat. Say we played them v Man Utd and we took a pasting, its only going to have a big negative on their development.

Maybe not the Man U game (though substitutions...), but if we hope they'll be good players then uve got to give them experience. In games when experienced players are just passing the ball back, we need players hungry & eager, and with a bit of trickery and pace about them. Duff, Barton, Emre are passing the buck and arnt stepping up to the plate. Bench or stand for them, they cannot be allowed to continuesly get away with rubbish performances.

What development?

They're not getting a kick no matter how incompetent their first team counterparts performances are. If the kids can't get a game at the moment, I cant imagine when they will.

didnt edgar make his debut against man united, make ronaldo look average and score from 35 yards? ok, so chances are the others wont do quite so well but id rather see lualua than smith in midfield, lualua deserves a chance, smith hasnt even earned the right to be anywhere newcastle, let alone the NUFC starting 11