Geremi - Excellent at right back in African Nations...

buzza

Has anyone else watched Cameroon play and be impressed by Geremi on the right hand side of defence...

He really is far better in this position than in midfield, hardly put a foot wrong and made so many great overlapping runs and decent crosses into the box whilst they were on the attack.

perhaps we could start with a new defence like this:

Geremi----Faye---Taylor--- Beye (better than enrique and zog, has pace to cover any mistakes)

"3 failed crosses" ... OUT OF 30!!! (only joking)

He is far better in this position than in midfield. Is better than Carr and our left back slot is our weak spot, put in Beye and cover the right with geremi.

Has to be Beye and Enrique, finally we have 2 full backs who look good, lets not spoil that by changing things needlessly

I'd go along with that. Geremi might be worth looking at in the DM position.

Has to be Beye and Enrique, finally we have 2 full backs who look good, lets not spoil that by changing things needlessly

Need to get rid of trash like Geremi. Plodding, indecisive, 40 yr old legs...la di da, yada yada...

Thats where he looked good in pre-season iirc.

He was pretty good but he will be on a downer after losing aswell as being knackered so nah.

The next game is in 12 days time though.

Oh aye forgot that but still I would prefer Enrique and Beye, as you were saying defensive midfield is a possibility considering how inept Butt is.

Thats where he looked good in pre-season iirc.

With Emre he might be good, that terrible run of form he went on was when he was in a midfield with Smith and Butt, who could blame him for looking awful with those 2 at either side of him.

Although in principal it makes sense, i think it would be a mistake to play anyone in a role that they are not familiar with if there is a better alternative. I'm talking about Beye here by the way. He's right footed and has been excellent at RB for us this season so i don't see any reason to move him.

I think we now have an opportunity to play Milner in the centre as i suggested a couple of weeks back, with Geremi on the right. He's not the quickest but neither is Beckham and he still puts quality crosses into the box.

.......................Given

Beye.......Taylor.....Cacapa.......Enrique

Geremi.....Milner....Faye.....N'Zogbia

................Owen....Martins

This gives us a lot of options.

He was pretty good but he will be on a downer after losing aswell as being knackered so nah.

The next game is in 12 days time though.

Oh aye forgot that but still I would prefer Enrique and Beye, as you were saying defensive midfield is a possibility considering how inept Butt is.

And Barton. Emre and Geremi perhaps?

Yes, I also think that Beye is a better right back than geremi, BUT, I think that Enrique isn't ready to play left back for us, needs time when we need instant results.

Just think we couyld be a bit more solid on both sides with Geremi on the right and beye on the left, if he's capable of playing there of course...

Geremi COULD be played at right back or defensive centre midfield:

Butt is better in my opinion.

Geremi SHOULDN'T be played at right midfield ' cos he's been shiite there since day one (excludes preseason).

Geremi SHOULDN'T be played at right midfield ' cos he's been shiite there since day one (excludes preseason).

i wouldnt play butt in centre unless we have no other option. The man gives away the ball way to much to weigh it up for his defensive qualities. The last games his passing hs ruined alot of our attacking. Specially he seems to trough and put Duff trough with one pass alot, that just ends up being an sloppy easy ball for the defence.

I dont think Butts had a good season at all. The only thing Butt can do better than Geremi is tackle but DM is more about getting into the right places to sniff out the danger, than tackling as such.

Geremi at right back is a very good shout. I think we need Faye in midfield as that's where a lot of pressure is brought onto the defence. Something like this would be good I rekcon:

Geremi    Beye    Cacapa/Taylor  Enrique

You're off you're fucking rocker Buzza.

Butt and Geremi need to be shipped out.

G looked marginally better during the ACON because the PACE THE GAMES WE'RE BEING PLAYED AT.....Jesus fucking christ!!

What you've got to remember is that all of our players were gash under Allardyce with the exceptions of Beye and Faye. Keegan will ask Geremi to do things very differently and we might actually start seeing the player we thought he was before he came here. Owen was absolutely woeful under Allardyce (when he played) but he's scored 3 goals in our last 5 games under Keegan and is starting to show what he can do again. Give Geremi a second chance. Anyone who watched Cameroon's games at the ACN will have seen what the guy is capable of.