Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I'd expect £££ isn't an issue at Blackburn

Why not?

They are a well run club, spend little and wisely.

They make a loss every year tbh

Don't most clubs? :)

Not the "well run" ones ;)

Newcastle are the 14th richest club in the world (and that's before taking the whole MA situation into account I think). Blackburn aren't even close to the top 30.

D'Allesandro is probably the best suggestion so far for an attacking player.

Wouldn't cost bucket loads

Premiership experianced

Nice age

Zaragoza are in trouble (i believe)

plus they don`t even want him (which is why he was sent to River Plate) as he fell out with the coach. Might be able to get him for a bargain (similar circumstances to Ginola).

I don`t think we could play him as an AMC though as he`s a bit lightweight. Either on the left or as a 2nd striker .He`d be cheaper than Zarate though.

Or get Juan Arango of Real Mallorca

Why not?

They make a loss every year tbh

Don't most clubs? :)

Not the "well run" ones ;)

Newcastle are the 14th richest club in the world (and that's before taking the whole MA situation into account I think). Blackburn aren't even close to the top 30.

Meh, ok.

But money isn't the only driver. Still a step across no matter how you look at it.

Why not?

They spend little money because they've got little to spend, in fact I can remember when we were linked with Hughes after Allardyce was sacked and he came out in the press saying he can't be expected to keep finding players on a small budget, I think a decent size offer could tempt Hughes to sell if it gives his transfer funds a boost even if he does have to find a replacement for Santa Cruz, he'll more than likely push Derbyshire up to first team regular.

Downing 12mil

Crouch 10mil

Dunne 8mil

Jesus H Christ, if we spend £30m on those 3 i'll have a stroke. Thank fook you're not Keegan,... you're not Keegan are you??!

Downing is underrated, quick as fook and with a definate goal threat. would need 12 mil to get him

Dunne has been an absolute rock for City

Crouch should be a priority this summer

Dunne can buy out his contract in the summer, £1.5m, and can leave the Country.

Crouch is in his last year, but isn't 28 so it doesn't apply to him, the fee's being talked about are £6m

Downing is quite under rated by us since he's a smog, i'd take him as a replacement for Zoggy, not as good imo, but has much more end product than Zoggy, i mean fuking truck loads more. £12m fee to us sounds about right.

I reckon though £4m for Dunne & £6-7m for Crouch would just about do it.

Getting Lennon in for £4m and thats some bargain hunting.

PS: I'd rather pay £4-8m for Lennon than £14-18m for Bentley.

Why not?

They spend little money because they've got little to spend, in fact I can remember when we were linked with Hughes after Allardyce was sacked and he came out in the press saying he can't be expected to keep finding players on a small budget, I think a decent size offer could tempt Hughes to sell if it gives his transfer funds a boost even if he does have to find a replacement for Santa Cruz, he'll more than likely push Derbyshire up to first team regular.

Can't see them selling Bentley and Santa Cruz in the summer. Bentley is as good as gone too.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why not?

Can't see them selling Bentley and Santa Cruz in the summer. Bentley is as good as gone too.

I can see the Benley transfer as the 'saga of the summer'. Hughes will dig in big time and only top top dollar will get him!

I think City would rather keep Dunne and hope a good season next year could convince him to stay rather than sell him for £4 million tbh

Depends on Tacky Sinatra really. If he's going to sack SGE then things become a little unstable again at Citeh, i think Dunne might decide his own fate if that happens. Also if a Euro club comes in and all they are going to get is £1.5m then i cannot see them refusing to make more money by allowing him to talk to prem clubs.

I think City would rather keep Dunne and hope a good season next year could convince him to stay rather than sell him for £4 million tbh

Agree - he's too important to them to lose on the cheap.

Speaking of Citeh, wheres Dr Spectrum these days?

Actually think Santa Cruz is spot on as the level of player we should be looking at.

He's very good, but (unlike Bentley) he's not quite good enough to have ManU/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool sniffing. The only hope he has of getting to a top 4 club in a top league is joining a club who has the potential to get there at some point and try to go up with them.

Surely with a loaded owner, larger fanbase, more consistent revenue stream, and higher name value, we piss all over Blackburn in terms of potentially ever getting near the top 4 or even the top 6 (note that I'm not implying that either is sure to happen in the near future, just that it's a lot more likely with us than with Blackburn). It might be a lateral move right now, but in the long run surely it feels a lot better to be a Newcastle player than a Blackburn one.

Couple that with the fact that Hughes needs the cash and he's got a ready made replacement up front in Derbyshire, and I say he's biting our hands off for around 10m.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cant Dunne buy his contract out?

Prob never sell, but id like us to sign Brad Friedel, good solid keeper, Shay is getting on now and is far too injury prone these days sadly :(

So you want to sign a keeper about 5 years older?

Doesn't really any sense to me.

As for keepers, Harper is impressing, i think he's about to peak. Maybe we should think about moving Given on and replacing him with an up and coming talent, but one in their mid 20's rather than early.

Prob never sell, but id like us to sign Brad Friedel, good solid keeper, Shay is getting on now and is far too injury prone these days sadly :(

So you want to sign a keeper about 5 years older?

Doesn't really any sense to me.

I was thinking more as cover, have Harper and Friedel with Krul in the wings as our young Keeper. Right now we dont have quality cover for Harper as Given is always injury, and as he is getting on his injurys are getting more regular.

He can but only if he moves overseas I think.

He can but only if he moves overseas I think.

Which raises this point:

Depends on Tacky Sinatra really. If he's going to sack SGE then things become a little unstable again at Citeh, i think Dunne might decide his own fate if that happens. Also if a Euro club comes in and all they are going to get is £1.5m then i cannot see them refusing to make more money by allowing him to talk to prem clubs.

After recently watching the Atletico Madrid v. Valladolid match, someone I'd really like us to take a look at is Ogbeche.  Came on as a substitute and REALLY changed the game, scoring the equalising goal in injury time.

Basics: Nigerian; 1.77m; 78kg; Forward; still only 23

First of all, this guy is a physical specimen - not that tall, but extremely strong and athletic.  His touch and vision are fantastic - he wins the ball in the air, on the ground, AND the 50-50s - and is excellent at bringing in his teammates.  Created numerous chances for his teammates that they were unable to take advantage of (Valladolid are crap).  From what I've seen, has the ability to score the fantastic goals (equalising goal was a peach), so although he's not yet an efficient scorer (his heading, esp., needs work), he gets to the chances and will really only improve - I can see him easily developing into a 15-20 goal scorer.

Think of him as a suped-up Viduka - he has the same or equal intelligence and ability, but is physically way more imposing: faster, stronger, not injury prone and will consistently work much harder than Viduka.  Although I'd probably still start Viduka if they were both fit, it would only be because of 1.) Prem. experience, and 2.) current ability to score more goals.  Give the kid a year or two under Viduka et al.'s tutelage, and this guy will be an absolute beast.  I can see him in both Viduka's current role in our 4-3-3 system or as what Viduka's supposed to be in a more traditional 4-4-2.

IMO is a star in the making.  Valladolid are lowly in the Spanish league and I'm sure could be tempted into parting with him for the right offer.

Guest Brendan_Rice

out

Duff

Ramage

Carr

Ameobi

Emre

Well said, should get rid of all above mentioned. ;)

Only one I wouldn't want to go would be duff, but he hasn't been himself since he joined us.

After recently watching the Atletico Madrid v. Valladolid match, someone I'd really like us to take a look at is Ogbeche.  Came on as a substitute and REALLY changed the game, scoring the equalising goal in injury time.

Basics: Nigerian; 1.77m; 78kg; Forward; still only 23

First of all, this guy is a physical specimen - not that tall, but extremely strong and athletic.  His touch and vision are fantastic - he wins the ball in the air, on the ground, AND the 50-50s - and is excellent at bringing in his teammates.  Created numerous chances for his teammates that they were unable to take advantage of (Valladolid are crap).  From what I've seen, has the ability to score the fantastic goals (equalising goal was a peach), so although he's not yet an efficient scorer (his heading, esp., needs work), he gets to the chances and will really only improve - I can see him easily developing into a 15-20 goal scorer.

Think of him as a suped-up Viduka - he has the same or equal intelligence and ability, but is physically way more imposing: faster, stronger, not injury prone and will consistently work much harder than Viduka.  Although I'd probably still start Viduka if they were both fit, it would only be because of 1.) Prem. experience, and 2.) current ability to score more goals.  Give the kid a year or two under Viduka et al.'s tutelage, and this guy will be an absolute beast.  I can see him in both Viduka's current role in our 4-3-3 system or as what Viduka's supposed to be in a more traditional 4-4-2.

IMO is a star in the making.  Valladolid are lowly in the Spanish league and I'm sure could be tempted into parting with him for the right offer.

David Moyeswould have a field day! lol!

Actually think Santa Cruz is spot on as the level of player we should be looking at.

He's very good, but (unlike Bentley) he's not quite good enough to have ManU/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool sniffing. The only hope he has of getting to a top 4 club in a top league is joining a club who has the potential to get there at some point and try to go up with them.

Surely with a loaded owner, larger fanbase, more consistent revenue stream, and higher name value, we piss all over Blackburn in terms of potentially ever getting near the top 4 or even the top 6 (note that I'm not implying that either is sure to happen in the near future, just that it's a lot more likely with us than with Blackburn). It might be a lateral move right now, but in the long run surely it feels a lot better to be a Newcastle player than a Blackburn one.

Couple that with the fact that Hughes needs the cash and he's got a ready made replacement up front in Derbyshire, and I say he's biting our hands off for around 10m.

He's a good footballer too, good technique, first touch, hes proven himself a decent finisher, but the one thing he has over Crouch is that he's pretty mobile/agile and can dribble and carry the ball forward adequately.

A solid step up on Viduka in terms of the overall package (i.e. taking into account age/fitness), and would be a strong improvement of us playing football on the deck.