Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Because some players simply don't work in other leagues no matter how good they are. Do I really need to give examples, there are quite a few!

1. Morientes

2. Diego Forlan

Because some players simply don't work in other leagues no matter how good they are. Do I really need to give examples, there are quite a few!

1. Morientes

2. Shevchenko

3. Veron

4. Luque

5. Del Horno

6. Kezman

7. Reyes

8. Forlan

Ok not all of them completely failed but they couldn't adapt to the country/league and ended up leaving because of it/struggling to get a game.

1. Morientes

2. Shevchenko

3. Veron

4. Luque

5. Del Horno

6. Kezman

7. Reyes

8. Forlan

Ok not all of them completely failed but they couldn't adapt to the country/league and ended up leaving because of it/struggling to get a game.

Reyes probably did the best, had a good spell at one point, Morientes did ok in spells aswell, the rest were shit.

Guest assyriantoon

1. Morientes

2. Shevchenko

3. Veron

4. Luque

5. Del Horno

6. Kezman

7. Reyes

8. Forlan

Reyes probably did the best, had a good spell at one point, Morientes did ok in spells aswell, the rest were s***.

Del horno was fine. He got sent off in one big game and was frozen out. Luque could have been better without injury.

Have all these players fitted in with his team mates? (which was the point the lad was making)

How do we know if anyone will fit in with their team mates? Did all those players and the others who have failed all failed simply because they didn't fit in with their team mates?

Should "good guy, bit like that Jimmy Bullard fella so will probably fit in well in the dressing room" go down in the attributes section of our scouting? Will our scouts have to scout the dressing room and check on any social life these players may take in with their team mates?

Doesn't seem like much of an argument to me.

Keegan

Crouch

Dunne

Riise

Kapo

SWP

Henry

Vetere

Gomis

Turan

Moreno

Nelson

Sessegnon

Amorebieta

In fairness, all the Keegan ones are proven Premiership quality.  The Vetere ones are names which may not work in this league.  I'd go with all the names under the Keegan list.

Keegan would want Crouch for £15m (what they want for him), Riise who is beyond s****, SWP who has done nothing in two years & Kapo who was in and out of a relegated Birmingham side?

I just can't help but feel that the players on Vetere list are a bit of a gamble, and we need to spend wisely and improve our squad, and I'm guessing years of us spending big on the next big european player who turns out to be shit in the Premier League is not helping my choice.  I'd take one or two from Vetere's list and see how they do, but I wouldn't get all of them over getting all of Keegans list simply because it could backfire badly.  Crouch will get goals and offer height up front which we desperately need, he just hasn't had the games at Liverpool this year.  Riise is shit for a top 4 team, but he isn't shit for a team that's trying to get a top half of the table finish.  He can play left back or left midfield and could be a good squad player for us.  Enrique needs competition from decent player, not a youth player or a first team player out of position.  SWP would be brilliant for us.  Nearly every time I watch him play I feel he's offering a good attacking threat.  Him and Beye bombing down the wings would be fantastic. SWP is far better than anything we have right now down the right.  Kapo your right on, don't feel he would offer us much.

My Englishknowledge strikes once again :)

When im saying fitting in with the teammates, I maybe should have said If a player is good, he will make it no matter where he plays as long as he fits in with the team, and the way they play, if that makes more sense to you GeJon.

Both lists would be gambles. Riise would be a massive gamble, so would Kapo, Wright-Phillips, and even Henry if he was realistic. These players would be on BIG wages.

My Englishknowledge strikes once again :)

When im saying fitting in with the teammates, I maybe should have said If a player is good, he will make it no matter where he plays as long as he fits in with the team, and the way they play, if that makes more sense to you GeJon.

I think I know where you are coming from, I still think foreign players are more of a gamble than players who has proven they are good enough already in this league.

All being said the "unknown quantity" list excites me more than the proven list.

Riise is s*** and will look even worse at a side outside the top four.

FWIW the two lists are most likely a load of bollocks anyway.  For a start where are the Scottish based players Keegan has talked about?

Disagree with you about Riise, but I guess that's just opinions for you.  We've put up with the likes of Ramage, Babayaro, Carr, Edgar (amungst other youth or first teamers played out of position there) being played at left back in recent years.  I feel Riise is better than all of them and he offers far more going forward.  Him and Enrique battling out for the left back spot would be fine for me, and Riise offering cover on left wing would be good too.

The lists do lack other transfer targets we've been linked with, McGready and Scott McDonald, Cuellar etc.

Have all these players fitted in with his team mates? (which was the point the lad was making)

How do we know if anyone will fit in with their team mates? Did all those players and the others who have failed all failed simply because they didn't fit in with their team mates?

Should "good guy, bit like that Jimmy Bullard fella so will probably fit in well in the dressing room" go down in the attributes section of our scouting? Will our scouts have to scout the dressing room and check on any social life these players may take in with their team mates?

Doesn't seem like much of an argument to me.

I bet there's a fair few on that list which haven't fitted in and has caused them problems, Shevchenko being a great example, even our own Luque wasn't thought much of simply as the clique at our club thought he didn't train hard enough.

So he's got a point.

And do you honestly not think Scouts don't find out as much background information as possible? Its not just about the talent on the pitch, its about the application & the temperament, people in football talk so some cases are more blatant than others. Also the initial contact with a new potential signing and his new club is a chance to get to know a person before signing, Houillier famously refused to sign Bowyer from Leeds even though he'd passed his medical because he didn't like the vibe from him. Players are people and who they are is just as important as their talent if not more, if the crack on with the lads the lads will pull through for them, or if you are another Pistone you receive a sheeps hearts for your secret Santa present and leave as soon as possible.

Riise is shit and will look even worse at a side outside the top four.

FWIW the two lists are most likely a load of bollocks anyway.  For a start where are the Scottish based players Keegan has talked about?

The lists were just my opinion on who would be on each one.

Ah, sorry for that then.  Its sad how people (me included I suppose) can pick stuff up like that & run with it.

EDIT: Hang on.  Bollocks with the apology.  You just posted that list & didnt ever suggest it was your opinion

Riise is s*** and will look even worse at a side outside the top four.

Disagree with you about Riise, but I guess that's just opinions for you.  We've put up with the likes of Ramage, Babayaro, Carr, Edgar (amungst other youth or first teamers played out of position there) being played at left back in recent years.  I feel Riise is better than all of them and he offers far more going forward.  Him and Enrique battling out for the left back spot would be fine for me, and Riise offering cover on left wing would be good too.

The main problem with that is that he's going on 28, would command a decent fee and would want to be first choice despite not being as good as Enrique IMO.  For all those reasons I think he'd be a very poor buy.

Ah, sorry for that then.  Its sad how people (me included I suppose) can pick stuff up like that & run with it.

EDIT: Hang on.  Bollocks with the apology.  You just posted that list & didnt ever suggest it was your opinion

I didn't suggest anything, you just read too much into it.

Apology accepted btw.

I for one said in a few of my posts to you that one of the reasons I didn't believe you was due to the lists being unbelievable (Keegan wanting Henry ect).  You're telling me you just forgot to mention that the lists were only your opinion, your a bullshitter! :lol: