Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Santa Cruz would be a much better signing than Crouch. 39 games, 19 goals and 6 assists this season. He cost them 4 million or so? I reckon we could get him for 10-12m.

How old is he? McCarthy has always impressed me. I like Santa Cruz but feel we should look elsewhere.

26 according to Wikipedia. So perfect age really. I see him as a perfect alternative to Viduka.

Step across though isn't it? He would only go to a bigger club.

Crouch at £6m would be good business.

Lennon at £4m would be excellent business. I'd like to see us take a punt on Lennon tbh, even for the first rumoured prices of £8/9m. £4m would be an absolute steal in today's market. That's still a good £2m or so than the likes of Jones, Chopra, Richardson, Smith, Parker, Dyer, etc. Infact, thinking about it more, it must be bullshit. He's still in the ruddy international set-up.

Santa Cruz would be a much better signing than Crouch. 39 games, 19 goals and 6 assists this season. He cost them 4 million or so? I reckon we could get him for 10-12m.

How old is he? McCarthy has always impressed me. I like Santa Cruz but feel we should look elsewhere.

26 according to Wikipedia. So perfect age really. I see him as a perfect alternative to Viduka.

Not sure, he would probably be impressed by the size of the stadium and the fact we have players like Owen and if we signed a Deco or similar that would probably sway players from Blackburn sized clubs.

Guest Guinness

We'd be wise to take a look at Zaragoza's squad, they're in the relegation zone and have some names. Ayala(albeit 34 years old, once of the best defenders of the past 10 years, a class act, but for all i know he might have lost it this season), Aimar, Milito, Zapater. Obviously some or all of these players aren't doing the job, but they would be worth a look. It's amazing that a a squad like Zaragoza's in in danger of being relegated.

Was thinking this the other day. Either Aimar or D'alessendro would fit the bill in terms of creativity. I remember D'alessendro being class for Pompey during his brief time there.

Not sure, he would probably be impressed by the size of the stadium and the fact we have players like Owen and if we signed a Deco or similar that would probably sway players from Blackburn sized clubs.

Aye i think Blackburn will be one of the most least attractive stadia to play in. They barely sell their tickets and often are just as many away fans as home. How many did we take down there?  6000 was it.

I think persuading blackburn to sell would be harder than persuading him to come. I always thought he had a questionable fitness but 39 games is amazing.

Would be a canny signing.

D'Allesandro is probably the best suggestion so far for an attacking player.

Wouldn't cost bucket loads

Premiership experianced

Nice age

Zaragoza are in trouble (i believe)

you dont think we're bigger than Blackburn?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Downing 12mil

Arshavin 12mil

Modric 15mil

WBridge 6mil

Crouch 10mil

Dunne 8mil

out

Duff

Ramage

Carr

Ameobi

Emre

Right now, at this point in time, we would be a lateral move.  If he is going to leave Blackburn this summer it's going to be for someone in European competition. 

Oh I forgot, bigger crowds, the first item on every players list when considering a move.  :rolleyes:

Right now, at this point in time, we would be a lateral move.  If he is going to leave Blackburn it's going to be for someone in European competition. 

Exactly. We are not bigger than blackburn with regards to recent form, if anything Blackburn have been slightly better performers over the last two years.

Sure, we have more potential, their fan base is a joke, their ground isn't the best, they do however have a chairman who is fair loaded, but not on our scale etc.

We are potentially bigger, but currently we really are not. Similar situation with us behind all of the top 4 and level with the rest down to spuds. Players moving between these clubs really doesn't achieve much.

Right now, at this point in time, we would be a lateral move.  If he is going to leave Blackburn this summer it's going to be for someone in European competition. 

Oh I forgot, bigger crowds, the first item on every players list when considering a move.   :rolleyes:

Three words:

£ £ £

Oh I forgot, bigger crowds, the first item on every players list when considering a move.  :rolleyes:

Three words:

£ £ £

I'd expect £££ isn't an issue at Blackburn, richer than most think. He also recently had a kid IIRC, so moving so soon would be a bit of a bitch too.

Oh I forgot, bigger crowds, the first item on every players list when considering a move.   :rolleyes:

Three words:

£ £ £

I'd expect £££ isn't an issue at Blackburn, richer than most think. He also recently had a kid IIRC, so moving so soon would be a bit of a bitch too.

Well their wage bill is £37m, which is 85% of their wages to revenue ratio. They can't come close to competing with Newcastle in terms of money. I personally think that money is only one of many issues a footballer thinks of when choosing a Premier league club though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Downing 12mil

Crouch 10mil

Dunne 8mil

Jesus H Christ, if we spend £30m on those 3 i'll have a stroke. Thank fook you're not Keegan,... you're not Keegan are you??!

Downing is underrated, quick as fook and with a definate goal threat. would need 12 mil to get him

Dunne has been an absolute rock for City

Crouch should be a priority this summer