Vote: SportsDirect.com logo on the Gallowgate

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Jungle Barry

Whatever happened to the badge that used to be on the leazes? Should've put it on the gallowgate when they started the extension.

I doubt he'd put sports direct on the shirts, by doing that he's closing off a lucrative income stream

As everybody else has said though, who cares  :laugh:

Guest thenorthumbrian

I liked it when the ground was simple and the only sign was the Newcastle United on the front of the east stand.

With plain coloured seating and no words picked out, and not even a flashy electronic scoreboard I think it marked SJP as being as bit distinctive from a lot of other stadiums.

The Sports direct sign does look cheap but fooball is like that these days so theres no point moaning.

I liked it when the ground was simple and the only sign was the Newcastle United on the front of the east stand.

With plain coloured seating and no words picked out, and not even a flashy electronic scoreboard I think it marked SJP as being as bit distinctive from a lot of other stadiums.

The Sports direct sign does look cheap but fooball is like that these days so theres no point moaning.

Yes, we looked like a fucking hick club.

Yes, we looked like a f****** hick club.

we look like a hick club now, the sports direct logo makes us look like blyth spartans.

Guest saintscoobz

That picture taken by a spurs fan is awesome.  Not that bothered about the advert on the stand.  I think it is a cheap price for having the clubs debts written off.  At first though i was a bit shocked by it.

what a good photo!

seriously though, it does make one of the best grounds in England look like an out-of-town retail park. Wouldn't some club crests or THIS IS NEWCASTLE or black and white stripes all the way along look better?

I don't think you've quite grasped the principle of advertising.

Guest NorwegianMag

On another note, hope we go back to fully white goal nets very soon.

Agree on this one! Sick and bored of those nets that we use now. When I see Newcastle matches on tv, I always have to wait 3 or 4 seconds before I realise that it was a goal. Bring back the old nets!

Guest toonlass

£200 million for the club, plus £100 million written off in debt. For £300 million and getting Fat Fred out of the club he can put whatever he wants on any stand imo...

For spending so much of his own money on the club, wiping out all of the debt, ridding the place of Shepherd and Co and potentially giving Keegan money to spend, he could stick a picture of Camilla Parker Bowles in place of 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' and I wouldn't bat an eyelid in complaint.

For spending so much of his own money on the club, wiping out all of the debt, ridding the place of Shepherd and Co and potentially giving Keegan money to spend, he could stick a picture of Camilla Parker Bowles in place of 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' and I wouldn't bat an eyelid in complaint.

Think again, you coul be looking at this:  http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2207/camillawh4.jpg

At the end of the day, it's just another advert. The place is awash with them. One more, as tacky/cheap as it looks, doesn't make any difference at all tbh.

Some people have a canny warped sense of the what's wrong with the club if they're kicking off at a fucking advert.

At the end of the day, it's just another advert. The place is awash with them. One more, as tacky/cheap as it looks, doesn't make any difference at all tbh.

Some people have a canny warped sense of the what's wrong with the club if they're kicking off at a fucking advert.

Exactly right.  Roll on the day when the biggest problem we have is the adverts in the stadium.

The new logo ie the mounted letters like the 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' lettering on the east stand is OK by me it is better than just grey nothingness.

Ive said it a million times now and it has already been said in this thread that when they extended the Leazes the club crest that was on it should of been tranferred to the Gallowgate, it is a fucking travesty that it wasnt.

And while we're at it, I want black and white seats right god damn now god damn it!  :angry:

The new logo ie the mounted letters like the 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' lettering on the east stand is OK by me it is better than just grey nothingness.

Ive said it a million times now and it has already been said in this thread that when they extended the Leazes the club crest that was on it should of been tranferred to the Gallowgate, it is a fucking travesty that it wasnt.

And while we're at it, I want black and white seats right god damn now god damn it!  :angry:

Black and white seats or spend the money on players?

Wouldn't mind us having a mixture of black, white, grey, blue, red & gold seats like Sporting Lisbon do/did.

Obviously in the right proportions according to the club crest etc. but if it was done properly then I think it would look ace.  :)

Ive said it a million times now and it has already been said in this thread that when they extended the Leazes the club crest that was on it should of been tranferred to the Gallowgate, it is a f****** travesty that it wasnt.

Black and white seats or spend the money on players?

We take all 52,000 grey seats to the seat dealers and part-ex them.

Simple.

Yes, we looked like a f****** hick club.

we look like a hick club now, the sports direct logo makes us look like blyth spartans.

Yeah, clubs with visible advertising are all tiny clubs. But we looked HUGE without even a fucking clock.