Personal Reasons

Gash

Guest kingdawson

Say im naive and young; but if a member of my family died, i think one of the best things for me to do would be get on a football pitch and just concentrate on playing and forget off the field issues at the time.

No, that's not naive and young.  Just a bit thick.

How is it "just a bit thick"

You're right tbh, take the "a bit" bit out of it :thup:

Say im naive and young; but if a member of my family died, i think one of the best things for me to do would be get on a football pitch and just concentrate on playing and forget off the field issues at the time.

You're right tbh, take the "a bit" bit out of it :thup:

Shut up, you keyboard warrior you!  :pow:

Guest elbee909

It's thick because you said this:

"If a member of my family died, i think one of the best things for me to do would be get on a football pitch and just concentrate on playing and forget off the field issues at the time."

It's not just about you, y'see.  It's the rest of the family, it's the friend's of he/she who died, it's having the wind knocked out of you if they're someone close.  If your mum or dad died, you think you'd be in the best of places mentally to do a good job of anything, let alone play football?  What if you were playing for Arsenal and an opposition fan shouted "haha, at least my <your relative recently dead> is still alive!" - because I'd probably try to do something to that twat that makes Cantona's flying kick seem like a cuddle.

It's thick because you said this:

"If a member of my family died, i think one of the best things for me to do would be get on a football pitch and just concentrate on playing and forget off the field issues at the time."

It's not just about you, y'see.  It's the rest of the family, it's the friend's of he/she who died, it's having the wind knocked out of you if they're someone close.  If your mum or dad died, you think you'd be in the best of places mentally to do a good job of anything, let alone play football?  What if you were playing for Arsenal and an opposition fan shouted "haha, at least my <your relative recently dead> is still alive!" - because I'd probably try to do something to that t*** that makes Cantona's flying kick seem like a cuddle.

each to his own. there is no set way for how you will feel or how you should behave. babayaro played days after his brother died,some may need weks.

Get a f**king grip.

Get a f**king grip.

babayaro apparently only found out his brother had died 12 hrs before the maych.................and played.

Get a f**king grip.

babayaro apparently only found out his brother had died 12 hrs before the maych.................and played.

What makes that even more astonishing is that it's Babayaro!  This is a player who only needed to feel a cold coming on and he would declare himself unavailable for selection.

On Wednesday night, Omar Sagna was found dead in his bath aged 28. At the moment no one knows how he died but there is a post mortem over in France to try and figure out how it happened. Bacary Sagna was told by a friend of Omar’s and at the time of writing is out in France consoling his family at this tragic death of his older brother.

Its f****** personal because its none of our business

People react differently to situations, some people want to be on their own or with their family, whilst some people (like Babayaro) want to get on with things. You are entitled to compassionate leave in any workplace.