Shepherd and his IDIOTIC choice Allardyce have DESTROYED NUFC

Guest Phil K

i equate the change in play and atmosphere to that of peyter reids seacond sunderland season of seventh....for all they finished in the same position many of their fans were calling for a change....they didnt and we all know what came next.

it's all subjective but i saw us going downwards from that time.....at that time i didnt know souness would take over mind.

The main things Bobby had to sort was Jenas not playing like he did in his first season, a replacement for Nobby who was stupidly sold and a replacement for an ageing Speed who didn't need to be sold for a pittance.  We needed to turn draws into wins, I'm sure we only lost 4 league games during the season when we finished 5th, it wasn't many.

Not Souness? not Roeder? we're in the same position as under those two and they had the job longer and spent more money. Why can't Keegan get the very same squad performing either if Allardyce is that bad?

Do you mean like the team who has given Derby almost 50% of the 9 points they've won to date.  :lol:

Guest Erich von Manstein

Will he take Everton to Champions League?

Yes, he has.

For one qualifying match :lol:

And whilst us on the other hand are 6 points off the relegation zone.

i equate the change in play and atmosphere to that of peyter reids seacond sunderland season of seventh....for all they finished in the same position many of their fans were calling for a change....they didnt and we all know what came next.

it's all subjective but i saw us going downwards from that time.....at that time i didnt know souness would take over mind.

The main things Bobby had to sort was Jenas not playing like he did in his first season, a replacement for Nobby who was stupidly sold and a replacement for an ageing Speed who didn't need to be sold for a pittance.  We needed to turn draws into wins, I'm sure we only lost 4 league games during the season when we finished 5th, it wasn't many.

bobby's last season we were the team who lost most leads....not just in the prem...not just in england but in british league football

Will he take Everton to Champions League?

Yes, he has.

For one qualifying match :lol:

Which we lost narrowly to eventual semi-finalists Villareal.

And now we're making a serious challenge for a Champions League spot again. Your ambition for the next few years is to build a team so eventually you can do what we're doing right now.

I don't see what you've got to laugh about on the subject of David Moyes.

Not Souness? not Roeder? we're in the same position as under those two and they had the job longer and spent more money. Why can't Keegan get the very same squad performing either if Allardyce is that bad?

Do you mean like the team who has given Derby almost 50% of the 9 points they've won to date.   :lol:

Do you think we could beat Spurs, Everton or even West Ham at home right now? Or draw with Arsenal or Aston Villa at home? Or beat Bolton away when they had both Anelka and Diouf playing? 

Spending less than £10 million on a squad that came 13th last season and expecting too much is why we are where we are right now.

Guest Erich von Manstein

bobby's last season we were the team who lost most leads....not just in the prem...not just in england but in british league football

Like I said, he needed to sort some things out.

And yet we only lost 8 league games.

Do you mean like the team who has given Derby almost 50% of the 9 points they've won to date.  :lol:

Do you think we could beat Spurs, Everton or even West Ham at home right now? Or draw with Arsenal or Aston Villa at home? Or beat Bolton away when they had both Anelka and Diouf playing? 

Spending less than £10 million on a squad that came 13th last season and expecting too much is why we are where we are right now.

they didn't play Diouf till like 60-70 minutes.  When they started to dominate.

Not sure whether Anelka was playing, think he was on bench too.

I'm not sure we could repeat our early results now under Keegan, I also don't think we could repeat them now if Allardyce was still here.  The only result which I think might have been different under him would have been Stoke at home in the FA Cup, I doubt we'd have scored so many goals.

As for the spending, I think £12 million of what was spent could have been spent on better than Smith and Barton.

Do you mean like the team who has given Derby almost 50% of the 9 points they've won to date.   :lol:

they didn't play Diouf till like 60-70 minutes.  When they started to dominate.

Not sure whether Anelka was playing, think he was on bench too.

Diouf played second half, Anelka played 90 minutes and scored.

Like I said, he needed to sort some things out.

but we wer egoing backwards fast,as the mackems did,under monkeys heed

Guest Erich von Manstein

My mistake, I thought it was 4.   :doh:

I wasn't having a go, just thought I'd pitch in with that fact!

some,like me would say the club started going backwards throughout his last season.

Some, like me would say we didn't, I think he'd have turned us around if given the support to bring the players in that he wanted, we'll never know.  Even Arsenal and Man U go through transitional periods under Wenger and Ferguson, why should we have been any different?

Bobby's failure was him being messed around by the those above him (Shepherd and the likes).

He still had a good team, but we needed to progress and invest further in the side. Instead of getting who he wanted, FS made a bid for Rooney then sacked Robson.

If the summer of 2004 hadn't of happened the way it did, Bobby would have turned it around.

Thanks Johnny.

It's incredible how many supporters choose to forget all the shit that happened that summer. Freddie's blurt in the media about it being Robson's last season WITHOUT TELLING ROBSON or the players made it possible for the players to treat the great man the way they did.

Then there was the lack of investment on the back of the 4th spot sacrifice we made to Liverpool and we had a team that was stagnating.

STAGNATING, not going down or 'backwards.'

SBR was more than capable of turning it around had those above him given him the freedom and backing to do so, but immediately people were booing the team and doubting his capabilities because -- oh my -- we finished 5th.

And hey, you know what, if you did indeed wanted to get rid of the great man, have a plan. A mother. fucking. plan.

I'm not sure we could repeat our early results now under Keegan, I also don't think we could repeat them now if Allardyce was still here.  The only result which I think might have been different under him would have been Stoke at home in the FA Cup, I doubt we'd have scored so many goals.

As for the spending, I think £12 million of what was spent could have been spent on better than Smith and Barton.

Of course Barton has been an utter disaster and Smith was no replacement for Dyer. But my point was that I don't think we would have risked relegation under Allardyce although it might have been ugly. Sacking rather than backing a manager in early January, when we weren't totally safe, was high risk especially when the (second choice) replacement hasn't managed a club for 3 years. If Sam wasn't Ashley's man then 12th May 2008 was the date for saying goodbye.

shut the f**k up keegan days are over and this is now...and we are well and truley in the s h i t!!!!! Lets look forward to playing cardiff and swansea next year unless we can win sum games!!!

bluelaugh.gif

Keegan is now, he's our manager.  :lol:

Of course Barton has been an utter disaster and Smith was no replacement for Dyer. But my point was that I don't think we would have risked relegation under Allardyce although it might have been ugly. Sacking rather than backing a manager in early January, when we weren't totally safe, was high risk especially when the (second choice) replacement hasn't managed a club for 3 years. If Sam wasn't Ashley's man then 12th May 2008 was the date for saying goodbye.

I agree with most of that except for where we would be with Allerdyce, I don't think we would have a single point more.  In some ways I wish he was still here, just so he could get the stick he deserves and suffer the shite we're having to suffer, instead of sitting at home with all those £millions.

Im not having a go at keegan because this is not his team but what has he done to motivate this team???

I honestly think the series of games we've had since his appointment have killed any chance of a motivational boost.