We Got Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

Keegan was never a master tactician which you can count as either a weakness or a plus. Given funds next season I'm confident he'll put together a side capable of winning matches in a decent style. Nowt's changed since he was appointed. In case anyone forgot, these players were getting thrashed under Allardyce as well, he just had a lot better fixtures to get some results.

Guest NSMagpie

Jesus wept.  It's not his squad.  He didn't buy anyone in January cos he couldn't buy the players he wanted, would you have been happier if he panic bought?

I'm actually frightened to death with what Keegan might buy, having in mind the way his team has been playing playing.

How his team has been playing playing? O0

Doubt has crept in and undone us spectacularly against top 4 opposition.

We bombarded Bolton and did more than enough to beat Boro.  Unlucky to only take 2 points from what could very well have been 6 that would have had us 10 clear of the relegation spots.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/22/Clive_Dunn-1973.png/280px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png

Don't Panic!

Results against non-top 4 opposition:

NUFC- Bolton    0:0

NUFC- Middlesbrough  1:1

Aston Villa- NUFC 4:1

For: 2

Against: 5

If that's what you'd like to see, I'm quite surprised.

Guest Lefty Toon

Jesus wept.  It's not his squad.  He didn't buy anyone in January cos he couldn't buy the players he wanted, would you have been happier if he panic bought?

I'm actually frightened to death with what Keegan might buy, having in mind the way his team has been playing playing.

What a player with talent.

Yes Keegan's well known for buying carthorses like Ginola, Cole and Asprilla. If only he could spot a player like Allardyce...the silky touch of Barton...the goal instinct of Smith...

We bombarded Bolton and did more than enough to beat Boro.  Unlucky to only take 2 points from what could very well have been 6 that would have had us 10 clear of the relegation spots.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/22/Clive_Dunn-1973.png/280px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png

Don't Panic!

Middlesbrough- NUFC 1:1

Alex Ferguson would have no doubt got the same if he was appointed instead of Keegan.  

Please wake up and realise that despite these being disappointing results, Keegan can only do a job with the tools he has, which are pretty blunt ones at the moment.  A new manager needs TIME to change a clubs fortune, it doesn't happen instantly.

Don't Panic!

Villa went joint fourth on points today.

In the context of the thread.  Spurs have won 2 against top half opposition, and so have we.  They're not the example to use if you want to beat Keegan with a shitty stick.

Guest NSMagpie

If you mean NS Magpie, thanks, you're right.  O0

Adding me to NUFC squad next season would bring some improvement. But, IMHO that wouldn't be enough.

We bombarded Bolton

Did we?

Well we passed it from side to side on the half way line for 90 minutes without risking a nose bleed, same difference.  :lol:

We defo controlled the game on the large part, if Bolton wasn't defending with 11 men I'm sure more space would have been available for us to create better chances to take.

I only read a couple of posts on the first page, the OP and those that agree are bollocks.

Ramos won just one of his first 5.

Without a last gasp Boro goal so would Keegan.

The games Spurs didn't win were Blackburn, Boro, West Ham and Birmingham, not quite comparable with the 2 against Arsenal, Villa and Man U Keegan walked into.

Since then Ramos has picked up wins from Man City, Portsmouth, Fulham, Reading, The Mackems and Derby.  Spurs have still only won 2 games against top half opposition all season.

All credit, they've done well in the cup to beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

We'll see what Keegan can do against bottom half clubs over the rest of the year.  Comparing them now is unfair.....and stupid.

I've been keeping an eye on the Ramos creaming. Good post.

Guest NSMagpie

Don't Panic!

Villa went joint fourth on points today.

In the context of the thread.  Spurs have won 2 against top half opposition, and so have we.  They're not the example to use if you want to beat Keegan with a shitty stick.

Actually, they're not joint fourth, they are sixth. As you can see from the link. Goal difference matters.

Premier League/ Table February 24th 2008.

Besides, at the time game against NUFC was played they were even lower, so you when you say "We're not bad against non-top 4 opposition", you're simply wrong.

Facts show it.

Not to mention we drew with Arsenal and Chelsea at SJP last season and beat Liverpool.

I only read a couple of posts on the first page, the OP and those that agree are bollocks.

Ramos won just one of his first 5.

Without a last gasp Boro goal so would Keegan.

The games Spurs didn't win were Blackburn, Boro, West Ham and Birmingham, not quite comparable with the 2 against Arsenal, Villa and Man U Keegan walked into.

Since then Ramos has picked up wins from Man City, Portsmouth, Fulham, Reading, The Mackems and Derby.  Spurs have still only won 2 games against top half opposition all season.

All credit, they've done well in the cup to beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

We'll see what Keegan can do against bottom half clubs over the rest of the year.  Comparing them now is unfair.....and stupid.

I've been keeping an eye on the Ramos creaming. Good post.

Yet in your other thread you were criticising Ashley and Mort for bringing in a manager who had been out of the game for some time. How do you manage to hold two diametrically opposed views at the same time?

Guest elbee909

Something that does wind me up btw is that it's seemingly impossible to criticise Keegan without tons of people thinking you want him out, right now. It's bollocks.

He's made some decisions so far that have backfired badly. I'm still behind him. Does that compute?

It doesn't compute for many because they're running mostly on blind faith.

Guest elbee909

Silverware count for Ramos - 6, winning the Uefa Cup twice.

UEFA Cup: 2005-06, 2006-07

UEFA Super Cup: 2006

Copa del Rey: 2006-07

Supercopa de España: 2007

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Cup: 2007-08

But he doesn't speak English, so yeah, obviously massively disadvantaged, eh.

Tottenham Hotspur

You're confident he would have left Spurs three months after joining to come here?

Tottenham Hotspur

as wullie said, he was at spuds beofre sam got sacked.

why are we discussing his credentials?

Guest elbee909

Tottenham Hotspur

It's just an interesting comparison as to what qualities to look for when going for a manager in this day and age.

Guest elbee909

Tottenham Hotspur

You're confident he would have left Spurs three months after joining to come here?

That's not the point.  Simply that we had a criteria for our manager to be English speaking, seems stupid now.

Tottenham Hotspur

It's just an interesting comparison as to what qualities to look for when going for a manager in this day and age.

could you name someone with similar credentials, or 'world class status' that we could have attracted?

ramos has done well to win today, but lets reemeber we were out of the comp before keegan arrived, and ramos (11th place) has had a lot more time, and a transfer window than keegan (13th place) has.