We Got Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

Can someone remind me what happened last time we replaced Keegan with a world class manager.  I forgot.

WE finished second and went into the champions league?  :snod:

Can someone remind me what happened last time we replaced Keegan with a world class manager.  I forgot.

with Keegan's players. As soon as the world class manager was able to bring his own in, we plummeted like a stone. Lest ye forget.

with Keegan's players. As soon as the world class manager was able to bring his own in, we plummeted like a stone. Lest ye forget.

even that doesn't tell the whole story,sold ferdinand then had shearer and asprilla out with long term injuries,brought in given,solano,hamman and thomasson.

should have been given longer in my view.

Guest NSMagpie

Why do you consider Dalglish a "world class manager"?

While Spurs went and got a world class manager.

Well done Ashley.

It is strange that some people have slammed Kelmsley involvement with Newcastle United but he was one of the main men when he was at Spurs who wanted Ramos & Jol out.

While Spurs went and got a world class manager.

Well done Ashley.

It is strange that some people have slammed Kelmsley involvement with Newcastle United but he was one of the main men when he was at Spurs who wanted Ramos & Jol out.

Paul Kemsley didn't especially want Ramos, he just wanted shot of Jol.  Comolli named Ramos as his #1 choice and Comolli, Kemsley and Jimenez started the wheels in motion to get Ramos on board and Jol out.

TBH, I'm not convinced that Kemsley has much/any say in the running of Newcastle.  If he did, I would have been surprised that there had been any talk about Chris Hughton joining Newcastle.

Guest TyneToPlay

You can't compare the achievements of KK and Ramos since they arrived... Totally different scenarios, squads, backing etc.

I think its obvious Ramos is a top class manager, and although the Spurs will be very cocky about being cup winners, I'm really glad a good footballing team beat those boring grinding b*stards. BBC says Good beat Evil in footballing terms and I'm inclined to agree. Can't stand the moaning Chelski and those big clubs do when they surround the officials. Good luck to the Spuds.

As for us KK has to have time. I'm not convinced about his tactical skills but he has the passion and comittment to drive us forward. There are far worse teams than ours in the league so we'll be alright this season, and we'll take the chance to rebuild in the summer in the attacking vein that KK loves and has done so well for Ramos.

Next season lets hope thats us following Spurs lead and putting one over the big boys.

You can't compare the achievements of KK and Ramos since they arrived... Totally different scenarios, squads, backing etc.

Totally agree, well nearly.  The scenarios are different, as are the squads and the current stage of redevelopment, but generally speaking, the financial backing to improve the squad is almost always there.

I think its obvious Ramos is a top class manager, and although the Spurs will be very cocky about being cup winners, I'm really glad a good footballing team beat those boring grinding b*stards. BBC says Good beat Evil in footballing terms and I'm inclined to agree. Can't stand the moaning Chelski and those big clubs do when they surround the officials. Good luck to the Spuds. 

Thanks for that.  Ramos wants the football played in the way that Spurs fans (and Newcastle fans) have traditionally wanted it played.  Win or lose, I'd rather see attacking football than the grinding play of Chelski.  Grant was shown up for what he is, tactically negative and slow to react.

As for us KK has to have time. I'm not convinced about his tactical skills but he has the passion and comittment to drive us forward. There are far worse teams than ours in the league so we'll be alright this season, and we'll take the chance to rebuild in the summer in the attacking vein that KK loves and has done so well for Ramos.

Share all your views.  I'm not convinced that KK was the right appointment, in fact, I'm convinced it wasn't, I think he has been away from the game for too long.  But his philosophy of attacking football has to be admired and I hope that it does come good if KK is given the time he needs.  What we need more than ever before are teams to break up the monopoly of the 'big 4' and in Spurs, Villa, Everton and City there are teams showing the signs of being capable of doing just that.  Although Newcastle are a fair way behind in the development, there really is no reason why they can't join the 4 pretenders to the top table.  It would be good for football if the CL spots were being contested by 8 or 9 clubs, not just the usual 4 deciding what the qualification order is.

Next season lets hope thats us following Spurs lead and putting one over the big boys.

It would be nice to think so but Newcastle are adopting the continental style of management that has been in place at Spurs for some seasons now.  It takes time to adapt, it is a big change to the traditional style of management of a club.  Also, while the concept may be right, the right DoF has to be in place and I'm far from convinced that Dennis Wise is the right person.  When it was finally accepted by Spurs that David Pleat was not, nor never would be, a DoF in the continental  understanding of the title, Spurs went for the best they could get from the Continent, where the system was devised and works almost universally.  Arnesen was the accepted best in the world, Comolli was also very highly rated, I don't know how Wise would compare to a Monchi or a Martin Van Geel.  They all have to start sometime I suppose, if I was a Newcastle fan I would prefer to see someone established and proven in the job.  Newcastle is too big a club to be a training ground for a wannabe DoF imho.

Yes - we finished 2nd.

already been done phil,it was also pointed out that he done it with keegans team and thinks werent quite so good the next season (mind i'm record as sayiing we got shot of dalglish too early)

As though the current difference in the sides has much to do with the manager. :jesuswept:

Which means (like most in the thread) you miss the point being made entirely.

Which is?

Yes - we finished 2nd.

And got us to a Cup Final...As for Dalglish, he should never been sacked when he was. Sacked after a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge after he'd just laid the foundations for a very good side (Given, Hamann, Solano, Dabizas, Speed). Sure, he bought a lot of dross, although that was mainly down to the fact he had to sign players just to set up a reserve side again (Serrant, Pinas, Gudjonsson, Brady, Robinson, Coppinger, etc).

Six games, three against Arsenal and Manure and one against fifth place Villa and some of you are at it already with "Keegans useless, the worlds over".. you make me f****** sick you bunch of pointless whiners! (not all of you obviously, just the whiners) :)

Finally somebody being reasonable, some posters on here need to be somewhat realistic.

Finally somebody being reasonable, some posters on here need to be Banned, they clearly support the Mackems.  Doom mongers of the highest order.  Any excuse to start the hate campaign.  Its already started.

As though the current difference in the sides has much to do with the manager. :jesuswept:

Which is?

I think his point is that when Spurs sacked their manager they got ina world class replacement in Ramos.

When we sacked ours we got in Keegan...

Which is?

I think his point is that when Spurs sacked their manager they got ina world class replacement in Ramos.

When we sacked ours we got in Keegan...

That's more of a description of events than a point.

Yes - we finished 2nd.

And got us to a Cup Final...As for Dalglish, he should never been sacked when he was. Sacked after a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge after he'd just laid the foundations for a very good side (Given, Hamann, Solano, Dabizas, Speed). Sure, he bought a lot of dross, although that was mainly down to the fact he had to sign players just to set up a reserve side again (Serrant, Pinas, Gudjonsson, Brady, Robinson, Coppinger, etc).

Aye I fully agree.

4 of the players he signed 10 odd years ago still play top flight football. I always reckoned he would've improved us if we gave him another season or 2.

Yes - we finished 2nd.

Aye I fully agree.

4 of the players he signed 10 odd years ago still play top flight football. I always reckoned he would've improved us if we gave him another season or 2.

And another one of those is still going strong in a team challenging for Champions League football in La Liga after forging himself a very good career.