The glory (KK) years: The players Part 2

Tooj

Wasn't Howey a nervous wreck where confidence is concerned? I seem to remember KK talking about that when he first started making a name for himself. Could be wrong like.

Can't remember that to be honest mate. He just seemed to take to it like a duck to water , I could be wrong too by the way, but if Keegan thought Steve Howey lacked confidence then Keegan did a good job instilling it in him !!!!!!!

I thought Steve Howey was a top class central defender as soon as he was switched there. Keegan was brilliant with Howey and Rob Lee, he saw something in both of them and switched their positions. First time I saw Rob Lee he seemed to be a good player, miles better than Franz Carr [who people thought was "great" such was the standards at the time but we won't go there  :coolsmiley: ]  but when he too moved inside he also took to it and it was obvious he had found his best position.

When Steve Howey went off against Spurs in the FA Cup Semi Final I had a right rant to my mate, because I thought at the time the change would cost us a place in the Final. Didn't turn out to be the case but could have been. In that particular game, Les Ferdinand had a quiet match and Andy Griffin played Ginola superbly.

Wasn't Howey a nervous wreck where confidence is concerned? I seem to remember KK talking about that when he first started making a name for himself. Could be wrong like.

Can't remember that to be honest mate. He just seemed to take to it like a duck to water , I could be wrong too by the way, but if Keegan thought Steve Howey lacked confidence then Keegan did a good job instilling it in him !!!!!!!

I thought Steve Howey was a top class central defender as soon as he was switched there. Keegan was brilliant with Howey and Rob Lee, he saw something in both of them and switched their positions. First time I saw Rob Lee he seemed to be a good player, miles better than Franz Carr [who people thought was "great" such was the standards at the time but we won't go there  :coolsmiley: ]  but when he too moved inside he also took to it and it was obvious he had found his best position.

When Steve Howey went off against Spurs in the FA Cup Semi Final I had a right rant to my mate, because I thought at the time the change would cost us a place in the Final. Didn't turn out to be the case but could have been. In that particular game, Les Ferdinand had a quiet match and Andy Griffin played Ginola superbly.

Played?  :lol:

He was living up to his doppelgänger's rep, it was rape and murder out there.

As for Howey, classy player, injuries the by all and end all of his career. We did right to sell him.

As for Howey, classy player, injuries the by all and end all of his career. We did right to sell him.

I meant he didn't give him a kick mate

I know what you meant, just in doing so he went straight through Ginola several times taking a lump of the Frenchman with him each time.

It was great fun.

I know what you meant, just in doing so he went straight through Ginola several times taking a lump of the Frenchman with him each time.

It was great fun.

aye, and job well done too  ;D

almost sealed it with a goal as well .........  :celb:

Guest Erich von Manstein

For all his flaws, Griffin did always seem to be a very good man marker.

Better right-back than Habib Beye.

Not now, obviously.