Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

A week later?  You mean something similar was printed in a paper about the same time..  Either that's where you got it from or they just heard the same thing, and as the tabloids do, printed it without any need for facts.

A week later?  You mean something similar was printed in a paper about the same time..

Find me a link to where the papers said we were dragging our feet over Gomis because Keegan wants Crouch that was printed before I said it and I won't mention the matter again.

Also if I wanted to make a name up who we were linked with I'd have said a more obvious player like Riise instead of Kapo.

A week later?  You mean something similar was printed in a paper about the same time..

Find me a link to where the papers said we were dragging our feet over Gomis because Keegan wants Crouch that was printed before I said it and I won't mention the matter again.

Also if I wanted to make a name up who we were linked with I'd have said a more obvious player like Riise instead of Kapo.

We were linked with Kapo in mid-May, to be fair. It was all over the net at the time.

I honestly don't know whether you're talking bollocks or not! Suppose that could be a compliment if you are fibbing.

I'm not going to go and look around for articles.  One was posted at a similar time to when you made your original post.  If it was after then as I said you probably just heard the same rumour, doesn't mean you should run with it.  Or post made up lists to mislead people.

I'm not going to go and look around for articles.  One was posted at a similar time to when you made your original post.  If it was after then as I said you probably just heard the same rumour, doesn't mean you should run with it.  Or post made up lists to mislead people.

Erm, so what's the issue. Baggio "came up with" something which has now hit the press. What's he done wrong?

You can't find it because it isn't out there, and you know it.

Guest shearer_206

Great thread by the way.

Why is it so hard to accept that someone might know more about what is going on than other people?

I'd not seen Kapo linked at all until Baggio mentioned it. Any links?

I've heard a bit about this, think it was in one of the Sunday rags. Wouldn't be impressed with signing him anyway, hasn't really been good since he left France for Juve. I think we were linked with him years ago to be fair. The most recent link is from the absolutelly shocking TribalBabble website: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=95985

Erm, so what's the issue. Baggio "came up with" something which has now hit the press. What's he done wrong?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/United-keen-on-6m-Blues.3695876.jp

From the 22nd January

Great thread by the way.

Why is it so hard to accept that someone might know more about what is going on than other people?

I'd not seen Kapo linked at all until Baggio mentioned it. Any links?

I've heard a bit about this, think it was in one of the Sunday rags. Wouldn't be impressed with signing him anyway, hasn't really been good since he left France for Juve. I think we were linked with him years ago to be fair. The most recent link is from the absolutelly shocking TribalBabble website: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=95985

You do know he plays for Birmingham now?

From the 22nd January

No idea how I missed that newspaper.

hmm. how can I have seen tahe Kapo rumour if there is no link?

he has been mention a few times in articles with a bigger news. no wounder people missed it.

From the 22nd January

No idea how I missed that newspaper.

No idea how I done the wrong quote lol

i'm pretty sure its not down to the speed we've moved like, we've been linked with him for what, a month? if we've thought about moving for 1 MONTH and not done anything about it, then thats pretty damn slow. maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons we've not signed him, or lyon and bolton haven't signed him (remember they were linked too and must be just as slow as we are).

but why should the truth get in the way of you baggio, its just an unneccicary obsticle to you, that gets in way.

We haven't signed him because Keegan's being a t*** and dragging his feet so he can get the experienced Premiership players he wants instead.

He's better than Crouch already but if he goes on to be a top player over the next few years and we're left with Crouch doing the f***ing robot then Keegan can f*** off.

Am I reading this right?

You want the club to sign players the manager doesn't want?

i'm pretty sure its not down to the speed we've moved like, we've been linked with him for what, a month? if we've thought about moving for 1 MONTH and not done anything about it, then thats pretty damn slow. maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons we've not signed him, or lyon and bolton haven't signed him (remember they were linked too and must be just as slow as we are).

but why should the truth get in the way of you baggio, its just an unneccicary obsticle to you, that gets in way.

We haven't signed him because Keegan's being a t*** and dragging his feet so he can get the experienced Premiership players he wants instead.

He's better than Crouch already but if he goes on to be a top player over the next few years and we're left with Crouch doing the f***ing robot then Keegan can f*** off.

Am I reading this right?

I'd rather the club went with Vetere's opinion rather than signing wank like Crouch, Kapo and Riise yes.

The only thing he did wrong, and the main reason I call him a bullshitter, is when he posted those lists.  He posted two lists of supposed targets, one for Keegan and one for Vetere, in the same thread as he posted the original rumour.  He admitted later they were made up but said they were only meant as examples and never meant to be fact, he just admitted in this thread he posted them deliberately to mislead people.

The only thing he did wrong, and the main reason I call him a bullshitter, is when he posted those lists.  He posted two lists of supposed targets, one for Keegan and one for Vetere, in the same thread as he posted the original rumour.  He admitted later they were made up but said they were only meant as examples and never meant to be fact, he just admitted in this thread he posted them deliberately to mislead people.

Have you found that link to where the papers said Keegan was dragging his feet over Gomis so he could get Crouch before I posted it yet?

Am I reading this right?

I'd rather the club went with Vetere's opinion rather than signing wank like Crouch, Kapo and Riise yes.

Same here. Keegan isn't bad in the transfer market but he's never going to do what Wenger does - he's usually wanting established stars and that's a limitation in many ways.

Changing the subject eh.  Like I said I'm not going trawling for articles for something that's of little relevance.  I always said it was perfectly possible that you heard this rumour from somewhere, doesn't make me any more likely to believe it.  Especially when it comes from someone who tries to mislead people.

Am I reading this right?

Same here. Keegan isn't bad in the transfer market but he's never going to do what Wenger does - he's usually wanting established stars and that's a limitation in many ways.

By going for 27 year olds you're getting yourself into a position where you will always have to buy players because others will be on the way down, with a bright young squad there will be times when you won't be desperate to strengthen so you can go out and spend all of the transfer budget on one position if you wish, instead of signing a few £6 million players to cover several positions as you're desperate to replace others.

Changing the subject eh.  Like I said I'm not going trawling for articles for something that's of little relevance.  I always said it was perfectly possible that you heard this rumour from somewhere, doesn't make me any more likely to believe it.  Especially when it comes from someone who tries to mislead people.

Because it's not out there, and you know it.

Just admit it and forget about it.

Am I reading this right?

By going for 27 year olds you're getting yourself into a position where you will always have to buy players because others will be on the way down, with a bright young squad there will be times when you won't be desperate to strengthen so you can go out and spend all of the transfer budget on one position if you wish, instead of signing a few £6 million players to cover several positions as you're desperate to replace others.

It's a case of getting the balance right. One or two established players in key positions is fine, but a young squad with legs and their best years ahead of them is the right way to go. My concern is that Keegan isn't one for knowing the worldwide market and he should be using the expertise of Vetere who knows that job better.