Anyone getting proper scared now??

Guest GLENEAGLE

worried because smith and barton stay in the team. if we had won against blackburn we would definetly have been fine, but twin that loss with a probale loss versus liverpool and then it gets worrying. like others have said, teams such as birmingham are built to scrap out wins, we are not.

Birmingham I think are a team who can scrap, will scrap, and get the necessary points as a result.  I reckoned they would end up with 6 points more than Newcastle.  The more important teams are Bolton and Wigan.  I reckoned Newcastle would end up with 33 points by beating Fulham and getting a couple of draws.  Have a look at Bolton and Wigan's remaining fixtures and see if you think they could possibly get more points than Newcastle.  IMHO unlikely for Wigan, impossible for Bolton.

Sunderland have a rank run-in too. Still think they'll finish below us and quite probably go down.

How good would it be if we put them down and saved ourselves at the same time?  It probably wouldn't be possible with 3 more games but it would be one of our best derby wins and would help pay them back a bit for the League Cup penalty defeat and Play off defeat, both at home.

They've got a lot of good teams at home though. West Ham is one they'll probably win and the 'Boro one as well perhaps.

They're that bad away that I still think they'll struggle.

i just did the bbc predictor and have us going down on 33 points, wigan, sunderland, boro, birmingham and reading all well clear and the last relegation spot being a tussle between us and bolton.  ???

Man, those Reading and Fulham games and of course the derby, I'll probably have a nervous breakdown.

I almost lost it yesterday. Any more defeats at SJP and you'll see me crying on the telly.

Man, those Reading and Fulham games and of course the derby, I'll probably have a nervous breakdown.

Looking forward to them in a weird kind of way. Embrace the fear and look it in the eye.

Now's not the time for bottling things. :)

I almost lost it yesterday. Any more defeats at SJP and you'll see me crying on the telly.

I had cramps in my stomach when they scored, I don't know if they were physical or psychological but they hurt.

I had cramps in my stomach when they scored, I don't know if they were physical or psychological but they hurt.

I had been sort of expecting it, but was still stunned by it. Was as close to blubbing as I've ever been watching us.

It hurts so much more when you're doing a 300 mile round-trip every weekend to fucking watch it like, doesn't it?

Guest louiseville_lip

I think there are a lot of paralells between 1992 and this season.  Keegan took over around the same time, and he had a pretty torrid time.  We lost 5 in a row if I remember rightly, one 6-2 reverse at Molineux sticks out, as well as a 4-1 hiding at Derby with 3 sent off.  We were really staring relegation in the face, but we beat Pompey and Leicester and pulled through, just like we will this time.

There was enough on Saturday to show me that no way will we go down.  We were so much better than Blackburn, and I've done the BBC predictor thing, and I was putting scores in which were worst case scenario, which had us on 35 points, with the cut off line being 34.  If we do go down, I hope we go down with dignity and it will be interesting to see how many of our fans stick around.

I had been sort of expecting it, but was still stunned by it. Was as close to blubbing as I've ever been watching us.

It hurts so much more when you're doing a 300 mile round-trip every weekend to f****** watch it like, doesn't it?

Tell me about it, I've had to suffer 380 for 2 years, 500 for 3 years & 580 mile round trips for 3 years in the past.

I'm so fucking scared I can't even post on here because it reminds me how fucking scared I am which completely screws with everything else that's going on in my life.

God, please. Have pity on us for once.

It hurts so much more when you're doing a 300 mile round-trip every weekend to f****** watch it like, doesn't it?

Tell me about it, I've had to suffer 380 for 2 years, 500 for 3 years & 580 mile round trips for 3 years in the past.

I don't have to travel to watch it, but it sure gets you down sitting on your couch to see us lose again at 4 or 5am in the morning instead of getting sleep.

I think there are a lot of paralells between 1992 and this season.  Keegan took over around the same time, and he had a pretty torrid time.  We lost 5 in a row if I remember rightly, one 6-2 reverse at Molineux sticks out, as well as a 4-1 hiding at Derby with 3 sent off.  We were really staring relegation in the face, but we beat Pompey and Leicester and pulled through, just like we will this time.

There was enough on Saturday to show me that no way will we go down.  We were so much better than Blackburn, and I've done the BBC predictor thing, and I was putting scores in which were worst case scenario, which had us on 35 points, with the cut off line being 34.  If we do go down, I hope we go down with dignity and it will be interesting to see how many of our fans stick around.

Honestly think even if it did happen there would still be 52,000 every fortnight and a massive traveling support