Scott Mcdonald linked

Threelegs

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23317477-23215,00.html

What do you think off him. His pricetag is certainly too expensive i believe for what he has achieved.

He got his first Australian cap the other month against Qatar, he looked good although i suppose anyone would look good against Qatar. He did look quite tubby though, i would say even more than Viduka, because Mcdonald is quite small. By the way i forgot Viduka even played for us.

Not as good as Mcgeady who is about the same level as Maloney who wasnt as good as Petrov who was worse than Chris Sutton

Guest louiseville_lip

If we reduced to signing players not deemed good enough for MK Dons 4 years ago we might as chuck it.  Anyone on this forum could score 10 goals a season for Celtic, a good striker would get 30-40, Larsson was the last one to do it, and the last good striker up there. no no no

I believe none of these Scottish links, especially from the Glasgow clubs.

The papers are doing their magic, KK been hiding in Scotland, so all he can know is Scottish players, he must want half the Celtic team.

I also think Celtic are desperate for money. After seeing Rangers fleece the spuds for £9m, they want a bit of it and are probably themselves releasing these rumours to drum up interest in their bog standard players.

Guest louiseville_lip

Would rather see us shell out 1/3 of that amount on Kris Boyd, tbh.

I'd rather we left the jock league alone.  Kris Boyd is lazier than Viduka by all accounts.  The last truly great jock player worth signing was Gary McCallister.

Guest toonlass

I'd rather we left the jock league alone.   Kris Boyd is lazier than Viduka by all accounts.  The last truly great jock player worth signing was Gary McCallister.

I take it you haven't seen the lad play live?

I too would prefer to see other players before either McDonald or Boyd, but Boyd is a way better player than McDonald.

Guest louiseville_lip

I'd rather we left the jock league alone.  Kris Boyd is lazier than Viduka by all accounts.  The last truly great jock player worth signing was Gary McCallister.

I too would prefer to see other players before either McDonald or Boyd, but Boyd is a way better player than McDonald.

I have seen Boyd play and he's a moocher without electrifying pace.  He would do a decent job for someone like Burnley or Sheffield United, but not here.  James Beattie is better than Boyd in my opinion, and I definitely wouldn't want him.  In the past however Boyd has expressed a love for Newcastle United.

Guest toonlass

I'd rather we left the jock league alone.   Kris Boyd is lazier than Viduka by all accounts.  The last truly great jock player worth signing was Gary McCallister.

I have seen Boyd play and he's a moocher without electrifying pace.  He would do a decent job for someone like Burnley or Sheffield United, but not here.  James Beattie is better than Boyd in my opinion, and I definitely wouldn't want him.  In the past however Boyd has expressed a love for Newcastle United.

So why did you put by all accounts?

Guest Toepoke

Alright everyone first post :celb:

Anyway as to your point about Boyd being harder working than Viduka that's just wrong tbh, Kris Boyd is one of the single most lazy players I have ever seen he's deadly from 2 yards though :rolleyes: As for MCDonald he's distinctly average aswell would be embaressed in the PL as would McGeady who is simply not a good players unless he's playing against Aberdeen.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23317477-23215,00.html

What do you think off him. His pricetag is certainly too expensive i believe for what he has achieved.

He got his first Australian cap the other month against Qatar, he looked good although i suppose anyone would look good against Qatar. He did look quite tubby though, i would say even more than Viduka, because Mcdonald is quite small. By the way i forgot Viduka even played for us.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. He looked shite, he was shite. Even against appalling opposition he showed he just doesn't have enough in his locker to lead the line for Australia. I spent the whole game wondering exactly how shite the SPL must be if Scotty Mac is shining.

He is so far from what we need at NUFC it is not funny - and I would love Aussie players at the Toon. Maybe if we went for Bresciano or Culina that would be different...

Hmmm it is a bit of a worry if we're poaching the SPL again after our recent buys there. Weren't the last two Boumsong and Moore?

Hmmm it is a bit of a worry if we're poaching the SPL again after our recent buys there. Weren't the last two Boumsong and Moore?

Going by that logic we should stay clear of Premiership players also seeing as our most recent purchases Smith, Viduka and Barton have done fuck all...

I live in Scotland and wouldn't have either Boyd or Macdonald as we should be looking way higher than these two . Neither are anywhere near EPL standard.

Both would do a decent job in the Championship though  :frantic:

FWIW I think McDonald is a vastly overrated player.  Boyd is a decent goal-scorer but he's too huffy and lazy.

Guest Toepoke

We should have got Leroy Lita in on loan, who has now gone to Charlton...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/7278982.stm

Decent propsect, would have given us pace and fight till the end of the season

If you mean we should have got him in the january window then yes I agree, but we couldn't have got him just now due to the fact that only lower league clubs are allowed to take players on loan but premiership clubs are allowed to loan players out only.