How long does Keegan get...

Guest BooBoo

Keegan has done no better in terms of results.

I didn't want either manager by the way, which I pointed out at the time Keegan took over.

Keegan has done no better than drawing at home to Derby? 

He's got 2 points since he got here. Allardyce got 4 points in 5 games. If Allardyce was still manager, we'd probably have exactly the same points total as we've got now (hence why I said that he wouldn't have done any worse).

I'll say it again, for those not reading. I DIDN'T WANT EITHER MANAGER.

I forgot that there were only 3 players available in January.

Happy we left the squad as it was then?

Do you know that we only tried for 3?

I'm not happy that we left the squad as it was but I'm not going to blame anybody at the club because Woodgate signed for Spurs or that Derby didn't take the money on offer.

The timing of Allardyce getting sacked was poor and I'll blame them for that.

Don't want to sound a c*** but I said this appointment would end in tears :(

End?, its 7 games in you idiot!

Seriously, some of you are mentally retarded (geordiedean I'm looking in your direction).

I'm not happy that we left the squad as it was but I'm not going to blame anybody at the club because Woodgate signed for Spurs or that Derby didn't take the money on offer.

I'm speculating. Hence the "if".

Do you know we tried for more than 3?

Should have given Diarra what he wanted tbh.

Barnes will probably go for what we offered for him in the summer as well and probably wouldnt have made that much diference in the last 12 games either.

He's got 2 points since he got here. Allardyce got 4 points in 5 games. If Allardyce was still manager, we'd probably have exactly the same points total as we've got now (hence why I said that he wouldn't have done any worse).

Allardyce got 4 point from an easier run of games.

I thought Allardyce would have done better in a lot of games than he actually did so what either of us would have expected to happen under him goes out of the window as far as I'm concerned.

Does anybody honestly think we would be 3 points from the relegation zone, having conceded 23 goals in 8 games, if Sam had stayed and been backed in January? If we do get relegated, it will be as a direct result of Mike Ashley's decision to change managers in the middle of the transfer window and nothing else.

Barnes will probably go for what we offered for him in the summer as well and probably wouldnt have made that much diference in the last 12 games either.

Not with a fucked knee he wouldn't. ;)

Don't want to sound a c*** but I said this appointment would end in tears :(

End?, its 7 games in you idiot!

Seriously, some of you are mentally retarded.

Yeah thanks for calling me a retard. My brother has learning disabilities, and you think it is cool to use it to abuse people.

I am holding back here, but you should really watch your words.

Allardyce got 4 point from an easier run of games.

I thought Allardyce would have done better in a lot of games than he actually did so what either of us would have expected to happen under him goes out of the window as far as I'm concerned.

So you're saying that under Sam we'd be 2 points worse off?

Not with a fucked knee he wouldn't. ;)

I meant in the previous 12 games.  Pardon me for being unclear ;)

I'm speculating. Hence the "if".

Do you know we tried for more than 3?

Should have given Diarra what he wanted tbh.

I'm not speculating, what's the point?

I also don't know how many players we tried for other than those that have been mentioned.

If Keegan chose not to buy players in January, it's ultimately his fault if we go down.

If of course he wasn't allowed to buy players, then the board have failed this club, and Keegan cannot be blamed.

The problem here was the timing of SA sacking, which wasn't really needed until the summer, but lets forget all that..

Oh of course it wasn't, because when Allardyce was manager it was all rosy and we were at no risk of relegation  :idiot2:  Anyone with more then 5 brain cells knew we were in trouble back then, they could see that we'd played our easy games already and had 8 games ahead of us that we'd be lucky to get 3 points from.  The more I think about it the more I think Allardyce forced Mort/Ashley's hands when he was fired.  He got out just before this run of games.

Does anybody honestly think we would be 3 points from the relegation zone, having conceded 23 goals in 8 games, if Sam had stayed and been backed in January? If we do get relegated, it will be as a direct result of Mike Ashley's decision to change managers in the middle of the transfer window and nothing else.

We'll never know what would have happened but Allardyce doesn't have a good record of signings while here and we were shite under him so we could easily have been where we are now.

We'll never know what would have happened but Allardyce doesn't have a good record of signings while here and we were shite under him so we could easily have been where we are now.

So are you saying that under Sam we'd be two points worse off now?

We'll never know what would have happened but Allardyce doesn't have a good record of signings while here and we were s**** under him so we could easily have been where we are now.

He could easily got lucky with his signings, got the team playing well, and finished in mid table though.

That is why all this speculating is pointless

I didn't say that but I wouldn't have bet against it, we were shite under him and Keegan has come in with a run of games against teams mainly at the top, we had no confidence under Allardyce and I think that would only have got worse.

I didn't say that but I wouldn't have bet against it, we were shite under him and Keegan has come in with a run of games against teams mainly at the top, we had no confidence under Allardyce and I think that would only have got worse.

So you do speculate then? ;)

Allardyce was unlucky to lose 2-1 to Chelsea. Keegan has seen his team humilated by both Man United and Arsenal.

Both as bad if you ask me. An appointment unfortunately not based on footballing reasons, and it'll see us very close to going down (although I now think we're not in a losing habit, and won't turn it around).

It was still Allardyce's players and Allardyce's system that got a hiding at Old Trafford. Pompey put four past us and only an off day for Torres stopped the home game with Liverpool from being a cricket score.

Allardyce is getting away with murder thanks to the fixture list.

He could easily got lucky with his signings, got the team playing well, and finished in mid table though.

Speculation is pointless, it's not speculation that we were shite under Allardyce and the players had no confidence.

It was still Allardyce's players and Allardyce's system that got a hiding at Old Trafford. Pompey put four past us and only an off day for Torres stopped the home game with Liverpool from being a cricket score.

I don't see how he is. Isn't everyone just saying that Keegan isn't an improvement? Doesn't mean Allardyce was good enough though does it.

Speculation is pointless, it's not speculation that we were shite under Allardyce and now Keegan, and the players had (and still have) no confidence.

Speculation is pointless, it's not speculation that we were s**** under Allardyce and now Keegan, and the players had (and still have) no confidence.

I agree with this btw.

The whole changing of managers did more damage than good ultimately.

I don't see how he is. Isn't everyone just saying that Keegan isn't an improvement? Doesn't mean Allardyce was good enough though does it.

People are saying we'd have conceded less. I really don't feel like our defence is any worse, just that we're playing teams who won't sneak a win due to poor defending, they will annihilate you.