Would we be in the same situation had Allardyce still been here?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

True! but not every Manager gets his signings right, not even the the great Wenger and Ferguson, they all buy some duds from time to time and personally think that Smith wasn't his first choice. 

Speculation based on nowt. Please don't compare Allardyce to Fergie and Wenger, it doesn't help your point. His signings as a whole have been a disaster.

Point I'm making is that, every Manager gets some of his signings wrong and I certainly wouldn't be presumptuous saying Sam is better than those two. 

If he'd had more money, he'd have gone for more turgid dross. Creativity and pace are dirty words in the Allardyce household it seems.

I wouldn't say all have been a disaster though Beye and Enrique haven't been to bad Geremi showed promise in the beginning but why it didn't continue I can't fathom as with Roz in the beginning. Still think he should have had until the end of the season.

True! but not every Manager gets his signings right, not even the the great Wenger and Ferguson, they all buy some duds from time to time and personally think that Smith wasn't his first choice. 

Speculation based on nowt. Please don't compare Allardyce to Fergie and Wenger, it doesn't help your point. His signings as a whole have been a disaster.

Point I'm making is that, every Manager gets some of his signings wrong and I certainly wouldn't be presumptuous saying Sam is better than those two. 

If he'd had more money, he'd have gone for more turgid dross. Creativity and pace are dirty words in the Allardyce household it seems.

But we'll never really know will we!

We'd have lost every game if fat man was still here

Now your living in dream land if you think that.

How?

Who would we have beat if fat man was still here?

Remembe he was the man who started this shit form

I wouldn't say all have been a disaster though Beye and Enrique haven't been to bad Geremi showed promise in the beginning but why it didn't continue I can't fathom as with Roz in the beginning. Still think he should have had until the end of the season.

Jury's still out on Enrique, I like him a lot but there's also a lot of adapting still to do.

Barton and Smith have been abysmal and they were his big attacking signings. I use the word "attacking" very loosely when referring to the Leeds Liability, you understand.

Here's the thing: Sam came in on the basis that he didn't have much money to spend, because the club didn't. In come Mort and Ashley, not their man but they couldn't sack him, so they were perfectly within their rights to say "prove you're worth the big money" and he proved that he's a small time manager not interested in winning games. They gave him a decent amount, far more than he would have had under Shepherd, because we were starting to struggle for cash. We all knew that when he arrived, knowing that he had a good record on the cheap.

Moaning about not backing him is missing the point - that was what he was originally brought in for. He didn't deserve that extra time.

Don't think we'd have lost every game either but I don't think we'd have gained any more points than we have under keegan.

But we'll never really know will we!

Good.

How?

Remembe he was the man who started this s*** form

We may not have won to many but we certainly wouldn't have lost many either a lot of draws  and certainly less goals conceded which I think is going to be a factor come the end of the season.

How?

Remembe he was the man who started this s*** form

We may not have won to many but we certainly wouldn't have lost many either a lot of draws  and certainly less goals conceded which I think is going to be a factor come the end of the season.

We'd have drawn with Man Utd x2? Liverpool? Arsenal? Villa? You're having a laugh man.

Guest sittingontheball

In the realistic games, KK's had, Bolton home came too early, we were robbed by an idiot ref against Boro, and were unlucky against Blackburn last week.  The other games have merely shown a huge gulf in class between us and higher-placed opposition. The Blackburn and Boro games suggest all is not lost in remaining games we have to win.

It was obvious that we'd struggle as soon as ACN started, and we have the added bonus of Allardyce lumpig us with the two worst signings in the league this season, Smith and Barton. I reckon Allardyce signed Barton due conceited belief in his own (self-created) legend. "I am Big Sam, I can turn him around!" As for Smith, that lad is not a footballer.  Anyone can see that.

I agree with O-nut though in that if Deschamps was in the frame, Keegan was a poor appointment.

Jury's still out on Enrique, I like him a lot but there's also a lot of adapting still to do.

Barton and Smith have been abysmal and they were his big attacking signings. I use the word "attacking" very loosely when referring to the Leeds Liability, you understand.

Here's the thing: Sam came in on the basis that he didn't have much money to spend, because the club didn't. In come Mort and Ashley, not their man but they couldn't sack him, so they were perfectly within their rights to say "prove you're worth the big money" and he proved that he's a small time manager not interested in winning games. They gave him a decent amount, far more than he would have had under Shepherd, because we were starting to struggle for cash. We all knew that when he arrived, knowing that he had a good record on the cheap.

Moaning about not backing him is missing the point - that was what he was originally brought in for. He didn't deserve that extra time.

I agree with all of that.

In the realistic games, KK's had, Bolton home came too early, we were robbed by an idiot ref against Boro, and were unlucky against Blackburn last week.  The other games have merely shown a huge gulf in class between us and higher-placed opposition. The Blackburn and Boro games suggest all is not lost in remaining games we have to win.

It was obvious that we'd struggle as soon as ACN started, and we have the added bonus of Allardyce lumpig us with the two worst signings in the league this season, Smith and Barton. I reckon Allardyce signed Barton due conceited belief in his own (self-created) legend. "I am Big Sam, I can turn him around!" As for Smith, that lad is not a footballer.  Anyone can see that.

I agree with O-nut though in that if Deschamps was in the frame, Keegan was a poor appointment.

I also agree with that, or most of it.

Yes for the same situation, but I do think Allardyce is a better manager when facing relegation battle, even if he has lost the players---and tbh I wonder whether the players still have faith on KK after such losing streak. I agree that the answer simply depends on whether we will be relegated or not, but honestly if we do relegated some people her will still think Allardyce is the one who got us relegated, not KK.

May be a better question is should we hire KK in the first place? The sacking of Allardyce, even with several justification, is definitely a risky decision and it should be complemented by a top class manager, but not KK.

To be honest, no i dont think we would of been in this situation. I think the would of been new impetus in the squad with the with maybe a couple of new signings (not sure who though)which may of got us a couple of results maybe against Boro and Bolton which would of made things slightly less pressured. But overall id pin point the current situation on 3 factors maybe 4. They would be the many points thrownaway earlier in the season, which Allardyce has to take responsiblity for, the timing of the sacking which is an iffy one because i dont think its right to have to back a manager you clearly dont want which the board have to take responsiiblty for, Keegans choices to not go out to sign anyone and maybe some of keegans tactics against big teams.

To be honest, i think the major decision which will of affected us the most will probably be the sacking, the board have done us no favours, however having said that i saw no other option, so....

To be honest, no i dont think we would of been in this situation. I think the would of been new impetus in the squad with the with maybe a couple of new signings (not sure who though)which may of got us a couple of results maybe against Boro and Bolton which would of made things slightly less pressured. But overall id pin point the current situation on 3 factors maybe 4. They would be the many points thrownaway earlier in the season, which Allardyce has to take responsiblity for, the timing of the sacking which is an iffy one because i dont think its right to have to back a manager you clearly dont want which the board have to take responsiiblty for, Keegans choices to not go out to sign anyone and maybe some of keegans tactics against big teams.

To be honest, i think the major decision which will of affected us the most will probably be the sacking, the board have done us no favours, however having said that i saw no other option, so....

WHat, ones like Barton, Smith, Enrique, Geremi and Viduka?

Of course we'd have been where we are.

Only difference is, when we've been shit recently, Keegan has spouted his shite abut us playing well, whereas Fat Cunt would have blamed the players, fans, groundstaff ad George Stephenson for pur problems.

Only difference is, when we've been s*** recently, Keegan has spouted his s**** abut us playing well, whereas Fat c*** would have blamed the players, fans, groundstaff ad George Stephenson for pur problems.

Yeh man, i agree with you, i was agaisnt Allardyce getting too much money in the Jan window anyway cos i didnt think he'd proved anyhting with the players he'd signed anyway, however a player like Diarra maybe could of given the midfield a bit of stregnth. Its hard to disagree with peole saying that if Allardyce had signed more players to which would of fitted his systembetter then we would of maybe suceeded a bit, however as it stands i still dont think the players are shit even though there performnaces have been woeful, i just think they have had all the confidence sapped out of them and need that first win to get a bit of solidarity in the ranks.

Only difference is, when we've been s*** recently, Keegan has spouted his s**** abut us playing well, whereas Fat c*** would have blamed the players, fans, groundstaff ad George Stephenson for pur problems.

Yeh man, i agree with you, i was agaisnt Allardyce getting too much money in the Jan window anyway cos i didnt think he'd proved anyhting with the players he'd signed anyway, however a player like Diarra maybe could of given the midfield a bit of stregnth. Its hard to disagree with peole saying that if Allardyce had signed more players to which would of fitted his systembetter then we would of maybe suceeded a bit, however as it stands i still dont think the players are shit even though there performnaces have been woeful, i just think they have had all the confidence sapped out of them and need that first win to get a bit of solidarity in the ranks.

We wouldn't have signed Diarra, he has ability.

You think Geremi, Viduka and Smith have ability??? Come on!

Yeh man, i agree with you, i was agaisnt Allardyce getting too much money in the Jan window anyway cos i didnt think he'd proved anyhting with the players he'd signed anyway, however a player like Diarra maybe could of given the midfield a bit of stregnth. Its hard to disagree with peole saying that if Allardyce had signed more players to which would of fitted his systembetter then we would of maybe suceeded a bit, however as it stands i still dont think the players are s*** even though there performnaces have been woeful, i just think they have had all the confidence sapped out of them and need that first win to get a bit of solidarity in the ranks.

We wouldn't have signed Diarra, he has ability.

You think Geremi, Viduka and Smith have ability??? Come on!

I dont know wht to think about our players to be honest, part of me thinks that they're are crap, but then i look at the squads just above us and ones lower and i think surely the position we are in is down the the fact that the players dont have the ability.

Confidence, organisation and pace are killing us to be honest. I'd be gutted if we went down because we wont see the spending spree that i think is just around the corner.

No, still gutted and bitter that we got rid

Yes, he bought so many class players.

hahahahahahahhaha

Ah fuck off man, apart from what? 2 points? Big Sam got us the rest.

Dont believe that for a second, the fact is however apart from what? 2 draws? we HAVE lost every game since he went.

The 4 league games before he left was DLLL in that order, the rot had set in before he was sacked.