If Martins is again dropped for the next match...

Zero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martins is good enough for a club like us in fact he is good enough too for a top ten club. To those deluded ones, we should be glad that we have a player of his calibre considering the status of our club, a bottom 10 club.

If any club really wanted him they could of got him. He owes us everything he went from a squad  player at Inter to wearing the symbolic shirt at Newcastle United & for the first time in his career  he was a recognised starter.

I think you drastically overestimate the prestige of the Newcastle #9 shirt outside the Tyneside area, to be honest.

He probably regrets leaving Inter, where he'd be winning medals and would probably get a few games for them, or be a frequently used sub at the very least, given the desperate lack of pace in their team.

Agreed, Martins isn´t even a regular starter this season, certainly not in his preferred position anyhow, so I don´t know where this ´he owes us everything´ comes from. Inter Milan are no mugs are they? He had around 40 runouts for them every season in the three seasons preceding his transfer to us. Talking rubbish again Thespence, are we..?

Owen should be dropped. Both Martins and Owen thrive on playing with a big target man and I choose Martins cos he is not easy to defend against unlike Owen too predictable. Shola/Carrol/Viduka and Martins for me....Martins was good last season cos he plays alongside a big target man like Sib or Shola.

Eh?

Didn't Shola play 1 game and became permanently crocked?

Owen should be dropped. Both Martins and Owen thrive on playing with a big target man and I choose Martins cos he is not easy to defend against unlike Owen too predictable. Shola/Carrol/Viduka and Martins for me....Martins was good last season cos he plays alongside a big target man like Sib or Shola.

Eh?

Didn't Shola play 1 game and became permanently crocked?

I believe he's fit but just out of the picture. From what I hear, he's looked a disgrace for the reserves. Probably got severe depression from being judged worse than Alan Smith. I know how he feels tbh.

Agreed, Martins isn´t even a regular starter this season, certainly not in his preferred position anyhow, so I don´t know where this ´he owes us everything´ comes from. Inter Milan are no mugs are they? He had around 40 runouts for them every season in the three seasons preceding his transfer to us. Talking rubbish again Thespence, are we..?

We rescued him from the subs bench & have given him a nice big salary. Same with Owen. Same with Duff. Nick Butt. Likewise Parker.  In fact we rescue so many big name players from the bench we should be honoured at the Pride Of Britain awards.

I agree they are no mugs that is why they sold him. At the same time they were getting mega value for money by screwing the shit out of Juve for Ibrahimovic. Both great moves for Inter.

Was I talking rubbish when I said he should start? Or is it only rubbish when people dont agree with you.

We rescued him from the subs bench & have given him a nice big salary. Same with Owen. Same with Duff. Nick Butt. Likewise Parker.  In fact we rescue so many big name players from the bench we should be honoured at the Pride Of Britain awards.

I agree they are no mugs that is why they sold him. At the same time they were getting mega value for money by screwing the s*** out of Juve for Ibrahimovic. Both great moves for Inter.

Was I talking rubbish when I said he should start? Or is it only rubbish when people dont agree with you.

When you claim Martins owes us everything because we rescued him from obivion it´s clearly rubbish because Martins had 37 appearances for Inter in 2003/2004, 45 in 2004-2005 and 42 in 2005/2006. You are right, he hardly ever played..  :crazy2:

We rescued him from the subs bench & have given him a nice big salary. Same with Owen. Same with Duff. Nick Butt. Likewise Parker.  In fact we rescue so many big name players from the bench we should be honoured at the Pride Of Britain awards.

I agree they are no mugs that is why they sold him. At the same time they were getting mega value for money by screwing the s*** out of Juve for Ibrahimovic. Both great moves for Inter.

It´s rubbish because Martins had 37 appearances for Inter in 2003/2004, 45 in 2004-2005 and 42 in 2005/2006. You are right, he hardly ever played..  :crazy2:

Can you break them down into starts & subs appearances & the total number of games Inter played each season. If you could tell me which strikers were at the club at the time & any major injuries them players may of had.

Sometimes looking at things in a very simplistic way may suit your mindset but not mine.

It´s rubbish because Martins had 37 appearances for Inter in 2003/2004, 45 in 2004-2005 and 42 in 2005/2006. You are right, he hardly ever played..  :crazy2:

Can you break them down into starts & subs appearances & the total number of games Inter played each season. If you could tell me which strikers were at the club at the time & any major injuries them players may of had.

Sometimes looking at things in a very simplistic way may suit your mindset but not mine.

There´s nothing simplistic about 125 appearances in 3 seasons. He wasn´t their first choice striker, but for a youngster to get 125 appearances in 3 seasons they clearly rated him, and that was at a bigger club than this. What makes you think he owes us everything? He´s being benched to accomodate a  striker who hasn´t scored in over 2 seasons ffs, when this time last season the likes of Chelsea were sniffing around..

There´s nothing simplistic about 125 appearances in 3 seasons. He wasn´t their first choice striker, but for a youngster to get 125 appearances in 3 seasons they clearly rated him, and that was at a bigger club than this. What makes you think he owes us everything? He´s being benched to accomodate a  striker who hasn´t scored in over 2 seasons ffs, when this time last season the likes of Chelsea were sniffing around..

You make it sound a load but when you look at http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profiles/0,,10278~23651,00.html & you get a breakdown it dont seem as good. I mean Shola got stack of games in for us when Bellamy or Shearer were broke or coming on for 5 minutes here & there that was in the days we were CL team. You say they rated him but they also sold him & I dont recall any other bidders & no club came in for him with his release clause making him available. Please see above for why he and others owe us.

You keep missing the point when I said he should start Hopefully the bold will help you digest this.

Yorkie viewing the thread.  :frantic:

It'll be genius if he posts a list of the fixtures coming up, with a convincing and detailed explanation of why Martins should start each and every game, once more oblivious to his mistake.

Guest Knightrider

Martins lacks the co-ordination to control that ball sufficiently enough to put it to much use and that's not going to change now or ever. He's basically not a footballer, he's someone with pace, power and has had the good fortune of many years of expert coaching to teach him the basics in technique and the right environment to develop his skills in. Which without he'd still be in Nigeria playing football on the streets as a hobby.

Martins lacks the co-ordination to control that ball sufficiently enough to put it to much use and that's not going to change now or ever. He's basically not a footballer, he's someone with pace, power and has had the good fortune of many years of expert coaching to teach him the basics in technique and the right environment to develop his skills in. Which without he'd still be in Nigeria playing football on the streets as a hobby.

So?

Much as he relies on his physical gifts rather than a good footballing brain, he's still a useful player for a team to have around. Half of Africa would be playing professional football if what you're arguing was true.

Also, coaching is massive in any players development, you of all people should know that, not just Martins.

Guest Knightrider

Also, coaching is massive in any players development, you of all people should know that, not just Martins.

And even more important is natural ability and none football things like co-ordination which is where good control among other things come from- the very thing that Martins is rather shit at.

You need good co-ordination levels to control a ball sufficiently well which may appear to be a simple thing on the eye but many different layers of co-ordination have to work together in unison to follow it through, from the very decision to go for the ball, to judging the pace and flight of it, the right timing to react to it, the body posture to prepare for contact and of course the right kind of technique to control it. With Martins it's all over the place. If he times himself right, he'll select the wrong technique to bring it under control. If he reacts quickly to it, his body posture will be all wrong to prepare for 'accepting' the ball. He has serious problems with a ball in flight and even stationary balls or balls played to feet on the deck that it's actually quite sad because it's not really a flaw in his game per se as there isn't a thing he can do about it in training. It's just not as developed as his other traits. Technically he's decent, the way he does things is very good, especially his shooting technique and the way he uses his body to protect the ball. He has high skill levels too. and physically he's got the lot except height. But those co-ordination levels... this is where he blows so hot and cold. Every now and again his co-ordination will click together in unison (like the goal he scored away to Man City and against Bolton at the Reebok, the acrobatic goal) but 9 times out of 10 it will fail him hence why this 10m player will mis-control a simple pass so badly, it will literally bobble away from him, or why without pressure, he will struggle to make the ball stick. How many times does the ball go to him either at feet level or midrift, he uses his body well to protect the ball, only for it to go all horribly wrong? People ask why he doesn't take on his man more despite his pace... he can't, to dribble requires even more layers of co-ordination.

The hell?

Martins has brilliant shot technique, that's how he gets so much power behind them. He gets so much power behind his snap shots because his shooting technique allows him to get sufficient power when he gets little back lift. He strikes the ball more sweetly than any other player at our club. One of the goals he scored against Spurs last season highlights this, you could try a 100 times and not hit the ball so sweetly and powerfully.

No co-ordination?

Just look at the volley he had yesterday. Chest then boom.. his control of the ball is poor but he doesn't lack co-ordination.

By your account Dwayne Chambers would be as good a footballer as Martins if he had the right training.

And even more important is natural ability and none football things like co-ordination which is where good control among other things come from- the very thing that Martins is rather s*** at.

You need good co-ordination levels to control a ball sufficiently well which may appear to be a simple thing on the eye but many different layers of co-ordination have to work together in unison to follow it through, from the very decision to go for the ball, to judging the pace and flight of it, the right timing to react to it, the body posture to prepare for contact and of course the right kind of technique to control it. With Martins it's all over the place. If he times himself right, he'll select the wrong technique to bring it under control. If he reacts quickly to it, his body posture will be all wrong to prepare for 'accepting' the ball. He has serious problems with a ball in flight and even stationary balls or balls played to feet on the deck that it's actually quite sad because it's not really a flaw in his game per se as there isn't a thing he can do about it in training. It's just not as developed as his other traits. Technically he's decent, the way he does things is very good, especially his shooting technique and the way he uses his body to protect the ball. He has high skill levels too. and physically he's got the lot except height. But those co-ordination levels... this is where he blows so hot and cold. Every now and again his co-ordination will click together in unison (like the goal he scored away to Man City and against Bolton at the Reebok, the acrobatic goal) but 9 times out of 10 it will fail him hence why this 10m player will mis-control a simple pass so badly, it will literally bobble away from him, or why without pressure, he will struggle to make the ball stick. How many times does the ball go to him either at feet level or midrift, he uses his body well to protect the ball, only for it to go all horribly wrong? People ask why he doesn't take on his man more despite his pace... he can't, to dribble requires even more layers of co-ordination.

It takes good co-ordination to shoot.

you're on the ganja again aren't you?

So we went from no football brain to a lack of intelligence to a lack of coordination, all of which doesn´t detract from the fact he´s the most treathening striker currently at the club by a country mile..

True.

But at Newcastle we like to talk about one of our better players not being good enough whilst we have Smith and the like starting week-in week-out.

Guest Knightrider

The hell?

Martins has brilliant shot technique, that's how he gets so much power behind them. He gets so much power behind his snap shots because his shooting technique allows him to get sufficient power when he gets little back lift. He strikes the ball more sweetly than any other player at our club. One of the goals he scored against Spurs last season highlights this, you could try a 100 times and not hit the ball so sweetly and powerfully.

No co-ordination?

Just look at the volley he had yesterday. Chest then boom.. his control of the ball is poor but he doesn't lack co-ordination.

By your account Dwayne Chambers would be as good a footballer as Martins if he had the right training.

His shooting technique is very good, you can picture him playing as a kid on bobbly hard surfaces in Africa snapping at the ball from all kinds of angles and ranges as that kind of technique can't really be taught. Control however involves a high degree of co-ordination, especially the act of controlling a ball in flight and in motion.

Technique btw is the execution of something, i.e. striking a ball, heading it or passing it. Shooting doesn't require a great deal of co-ordination unless you first have to control it or are required to make a run and time yourself. He rarely gets goals that way and he won't because his co-ordination levels are poor.

Anyone can become a footballer with the right kind of training. Many are playing the game today who are not natural footballers. Indeed it's a myth that footballers are born. Most aren't, they are made or conditioned into one using a few building blocks to work with like pace and strength which are the modern day must haves. Your greats though, all natural talent. So yes, Chambers would be as good a footballer as Martins if he had the right training. 10 years from the age of 8 to 18 is the kind of figures we are talking about. Quality of coaching, type of coaching, building blocks to start with and mental strengths will determine whether after that 10 years you have a footballer on your hands or not. Don't expect a top footballer though if co-ordination levels are poor. Shola Ameobi has the same problems btw.

Technique btw is the execution of something, i.e. striking a ball, heading it or passing it. Shooting doesn't require a great deal of co-ordination unless you first have to control it or are required to make a run and time yourself. He rarely gets goals that way and he won't because his co-ordination levels are poor.

Does it REALLY matter HOW Martins scores his goals..?

Guest Knightrider

And even more important is natural ability and none football things like co-ordination which is where good control among other things come from- the very thing that Martins is rather s*** at.

It takes good co-ordination to shoot.

you're on the ganja again aren't you?

It doesn't really, technique is the key.

The hell?

No co-ordination?

His shooting technique is very good, you can picture him playing as a kid on bobbly hard surfaces in Africa snapping at the ball from all kinds of angles and ranges as that kind of technique can't really be taught. Control however involves a high degree of co-ordination, especially the act of controlling a ball in flight and in motion.

Anyone can become a footballer with the right kind of training. Many are playing the game today who are not natural footballers. Indeed it's a myth that footballers are born. Most aren't, they are made or conditioned into one using a few building blocks to work with like pace and strength which are the modern day must haves. Your greats though, all natural talent. So yes, Chambers would be as good a footballer as Martins if he had the right training. 10 years from the age of 8 to 18 is the kind of figures we are talking about. Quality of coaching, type of coaching, building blocks to start with and mental strengths will determine whether after that 10 years you have a footballer on your hands or not. Don't expect a top footballer though if co-ordination levels are poor. Shola Ameobi has the same problems btw.

Can't really be arsed to debunk all that at present so I'll just ask you this, are you on wind-up or what?