Duff the P... (finish this sentence)

TRon

As sad a state of affairs as it is, Butt is the only one in our squad with any understanding of how to play the holding role.

He shouldn't have to be doing anything more than playing short, simple passes to a team mate while his CM partner is the one who pulls the strings. We have nobody to be the creative one, so Butt is forced to try and do that too, and the result is some truly woeful displays of passing.

He's past-it, and I'd get rid of him in the summer, but I don't think he's the problem.

Faye should be in there every week in my opinion. He's hard, he's tall, he's strong - there's the stereotypical big African bastard qualities dealt with...

But what's more, he can actually pass the ball, and run with a bit of pace. I think you're making excuses for Butt there tbh, he should be able to pass a ball forward or sideways. He isn't doing that, not to any effect; and those ambitious (well, ambitious for him) chips out to the wing drive me mental. The guy's utter wank and is costing us games imo.

Faye on the other hand knows how to play a good cross field pass, and has a lot of pace about him. He's the only player i have any real confidence in, maybe N'Zogbia aswell, who can run out of defense with the ball and actually get somewhere. Butt is about as slow as a legless ant.

Faye ftw!

In order to improve, what we need to do is sign other good players to play alsongside our best players (the likes of Owen and Duff), not replace them.

Do you think it is a coincidence Owen still bangs them in for England and Duff is on fire every time he plays for the Republic..

I've stayed quiet so far in this thread but I have to take issue with that. If Duff and Owen are our best players, we will go down, absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that.

A winger who hasn't scored or set a goal up all season is our best player? Christ!

In order to improve, what we need to do is sign other good players to play alsongside our best players (the likes of Owen and Duff), not replace them.

Do you think it is a coincidence Owen still bangs them in for England and Duff is on fire every time he plays for the Republic..

I've stayed quiet so far in this thread but I have to take issue with that. If Duff and Owen are our best players, we will go down, absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that.

A winger who hasn't scored or set a goal up all season is our best player? Christ!

You have a personal vendetta against Duff though so you hardly came in here to sing his praises.

I have to agree. It doesn't matter how bad the rest of your team are, there's no excuse for not being able to at least fire in some decent crosses. Zog isn't playing great but he always manages a couple if given the chance. Even Milner does although usually from deep positions. I think you said it in one of the other threads, to think the flak Robert used to get, and there was a bloke who could make and take them.

You have a personal vendetta against Duff though so you hardly came in here to sing his praises.

How is it personal? It's because he's fucking garbage.

Why does he play so well for Ireland then?

He does? I don't watch them so I don't know.

Find it pretty difficult to believe tbh, perhaps some of the Irish lads on here can back that up?

Who has he played well against? Malta?

I stuck up for Duff when he was out, but his safe,sterile performances have reeked of fear recently. Has he given any full back a hard time recently?

Who has he played well against? Malta?

Brazil.

A friendly match with lots of space and no pressure doesn't really tell us much.

Yeah, the matches where he plays well do not count, only the ones he doesn't play well.

Same goes for Owen and Given, the other scapegoats.

:lol:

Even Owen has done more for us than Duff.

Yeah, the matches where he plays well do not count, only the ones he doesn't play well.

Same goes for Owen and Given, the other scapegoats.

You were the one who said he'd done well for Ireland, I just assumed you'd have something to back that up. A competitive match which counted for something would be a start.

So we're supposed to play him on the back of his friendly performances for Ireland now and ignore the fact that he's yet to put a cross in this season?

Presumably you'd happily see us pay big money for David Healy in the summer, despite the fact he can't get a game for a team on their way down?

I couldn't give two fucks how he does for Ireland. He is shite.

Watching Milner is like watching a young Luis Figo.

What's Milner got to do with it?

He makes Duff look like Ronaldo!

A young Luis Figo obviously did a few step-overs, chucked in the odd cross and scored no goals.

Watching Milner is like watching a young Luis Figo.

What's Milner got to do with it?

Right wing is more of a priority than left, that is my point.

Because we've got Charles N'Zogbia.