Owen fears England omission.

Guest toonlass

This thread title doesn`t exactly help either. I must have heard Newcastle mentioned about 20 times and England once not sure though because I wasn`t purposley waiting for him to mention Engalnd once and rush off to make a thread about it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7288794.stm

Word of advice, Michael son, at this moment in time, fuck the England squad, our premiership survival is infinitely more important than any England cap.

Have you even read that article, or just the title?

Only if you had read it, he clearly says that you only play for England if you play well for your club.

Guest toonlass

Because he is our captain, because Newcastle should come first, because we all know that if we were (God forbid) relegated Owen would be the first one out of St James' Park in his helicopter without a backwards glance.

It would make me, as a supporter, feel like he actually gave a s***, rather than him just being here to pick up his nice fat paycheck at the end of each week.

even if he says the right things you'd say "all talk,just words, he needs to do it on the pitch"

quite bitter about him aren't you ?

Bitter? No.

Pissed off that he has been a waste of £17 million and £100 grand each week to every one of us who puts their hand in their pocket to support Newcastle United, and who are at this minute feeling shit scared that we could go down? Yes.

I couldn't give a flying whatsit whether Michael Owen plays for England ever again, but I do care that he seems to not be able to motivate the team that he is captain of, and that he has looked completely diinterested in this club since his comeback at Reading last year.

Guest toonlass

Because he is our captain, because Newcastle should come first, because we all know that if we were (God forbid) relegated Owen would be the first one out of St James' Park in his helicopter without a backwards glance.

It would make me, as a supporter, feel like he actually gave a s***, rather than him just being here to pick up his nice fat paycheck at the end of each week.

even if he says the right things you'd say "all talk,just words, he needs to do it on the pitch"

Bitter? No.

Pissed off that he has been a waste of £17 million and £100 grand each week to every one of us who puts their hand in their pocket to support Newcastle United, and who are at this minute feeling s*** scared that we could go down? Yes.

I couldn't give a flying whatsit whether Michael Owen plays for England ever again, but I do care that he seems to not be able to motivate the team that he is captain of, and that he has looked completely diinterested in this club since his comeback at Reading last year.

I have to say I've been quite impressed by his conduct since he became captain. I'm not saying he's the best captain out there, but I think he's showing that he does care at the minute.

Not being sarcastic(as I realise that this might come across this way) but how? I watch the bloke and he looks like he would rather be anywhere else than playing for us most weeks.

Bitter? No.

Pissed off that he has been a waste of £17 million and £100 grand each week to every one of us who puts their hand in their pocket to support Newcastle United, and who are at this minute feeling s*** scared that we could go down? Yes.

I have to say I've been quite impressed by his conduct since he became captain. I'm not saying he's the best captain out there, but I think he's showing that he does care at the minute.

Not being sarcastic(as I realise that this might come across this way) but how? I watch the bloke and he looks like he would rather be anywhere else than playing for us most weeks.

I think you, and many, only see that because it's what you're looking for.  Big money paid, high wages, huge name, bigger than the club really - it seems to be what people want to see.  I remember watching him all game coming back trying to get the ball and make something happen, come on here and people are complaining he was standing up doing nothing, when i knew for a fact that was complete rubbish.  People here want him to fail.

Guest toonlass

Bitter? No.

I think you, and many, only see that because it's what you're looking for.  Big money paid, high wages, huge name, bigger than the club really - it seems to be what people want to see.  I remember watching him all game coming back trying to get the ball and make something happen, come on here and people are complaining he was standing up doing nothing, when i knew for a fact that was complete rubbish.  People here want him to fail.

Bullshit, I would love to see Owen get in there are score goals, but I have seen him play, home and away, and he is not capable of providing what we need, which is goals. He neither scores them regularly or makes assists, and as an attacking forward player that is what he should be doing.

Bitter? No.

Bullshit, I would love to see Owen get in there are score goals, but I have seen him play, home and away, and he is not capable of providing what we need, which is goals. He neither scores them regularly or makes assists, and as an attacking forward player that is what he should be doing.

Can't say I can think of many players who have scored or created more than Owen this season.

Bitter? No.

I know he's not been upto much this season.  I think that's largely down to service, but granted, he had his chances v blackburn and messed up so it's him too.  But I really don't think that's to do with effort or anything.  I mean come on, even if he doesn't give a damn, he'll want to play well to get a good move.  Do you think he missed those chances v blackburn out of contempt for newcastle?!

Guest toonlass

Bitter? No.

Personally I think he works his socks off to try and get something going, and it's the players around him that you should be more worried about. If he's given the chances, he'll score the goals.

Take it you didn't see the Blackburn game then?

Guest toonlass

Bitter? No.

I know he's not been upto much this season.  I think that's largely down to service, but granted, he had his chances v blackburn and messed up so it's him too.  But I really don't think that's to do with effort or anything.  I mean come on, even if he doesn't give a damn, he'll want to play well to get a good move.  Do you think he missed those chances v blackburn out of contempt for newcastle?!

Not at all. Like I said earlier I want to see Owen scoring, and regularly, for Newcastle. But he cannot even think about England when we are in the state we are in, and therefore, going back to my original point, should be concentrating on us and not even entertaining the mentioning of England. If he gets it back together here, then the England place will automatically follow.

Guest Thomo

Apart from the Blackburn, has Owen had any service off any of our midfield or full backs, to be fair Blackburn was a freak game, Owen would have normally taken his chances, even his confidence surely must be shattered, but I do believe he is the man to get us out of this mess, lets all pray !!!!!!!!!

Apart from the Blackburn, has Owen had any service off any of our midfield or full backs, to be fair Blackburn was a freak game, Owen would have normally taken his chances, even his confidence surely must be shattered, but I do believe he is the man to get us out of this mess, lets all pray !!!!!!!!!

He's been missing chances like that all season though.

Guest rebel_yell12

Didn't Owen end that little bit about England by saying that he was less concerned about missing out on England and that his priority was getting Newcastle some points and getting out of the mess?  If you listen to the whole interview, he's hardly banging on about England at the expense of Newcastle. 

I do find it interesting that at the same time as the press are writing that his international career is over, they still refer to him as "England's Michael Owen".  Owen can say whatever he likes, but the press will forever refer to him as "England's".  That's hardly the lad's own fault.  He's saying all the right things, but he can't help that the press take less than a minute of an 8 minute interview and use THAT as the lead story.  For those saying he should say "No comment" -- how often has he done that in his career?  I can think of only once, actually, and that was while captaining for England.  Last summer the FA told reporters not to ask about Newcastle, but Owen himself has hardly ever refused to answer a direct question.

Owen doesn't strike me as "disinterested" at the moment.  His work-rate has been impressive, he's saying all the right things as captain, and he's been fit for how many matches on the fly (certainly a record for him at Newcastle).  Also, the argument contradicts itself that he's only interested in England -- Owen's said himself that the only way to get picked for England is to play well for the club.  Therefore, if he's interested in England, he's interested in performing well for Newcastle United.  Still, Owen came right out in that interview and said his first priority was Newcastle, not England -- and there are still fans p*ssed because he dared to utter the word England.  Give the lad a break, he's not actually a robot. 

Latest Owen article on .cock.

I have pre-trimmed this for the press. :thup:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1262468,00.html

Only One Thing On MO's Mind

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United skipper Michael Owen has revealed that there is only one thought occupying his mind at present - keeping the Magpies in the Premier League.

The 28-year-old was angered by inaccurate newspaper reports suggesting that he had asked for a pay rise during contract talks.

In fact, the reality is that negotiations of any nature are yet to begin.

And, with the Geordies now just three points above the drop zone, Owen insists that his main focus in on preserving the club's top flight status.

"There have been no talks on either side about a new deal and nothing has been mentioned about my contract," explained the former Real Madrid ace.

"I don't want this interpreted as being a snub on either side.

"It's just that there are more important things to sort out at the moment than mine or any other player's new contract and that is making sure we stay in the Premier League.

"But if or when the club want to talk to me then I am prepared to talk. I am still only 28 and I feel I still have a lot of years of football left in me."

And Owen remains confident that Kevin Keegan's men have what it takes to climb away from the dreaded danger zone, adding: "Obviously if things do not pick up in the next couple of games then I would give you a different answer and we all know that we are in trouble.

"But we also know that if we can pick up that win again then we could jump five places up the Premier League table. And if we can string a few results together then we can move away from the bottom of the table.

"Our results will have to improve but the worst thing we can do is panic and we know that we have to try and keep a cool head.

"I am sure we will get out of this, but then we have to push on and be better next time round than we have this season."

Sorted.

Guest sharath

Latest Owen article on .cock.

I have pre-trimmed this for the press. :thup:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1262468,00.html

Only One Thing On MO's Mind

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United skipper Michael Owen has revealed that there is only one thought occupying his mind at present - keeping the Magpies in the Premier League.

The 28-year-old was angered by inaccurate newspaper reports suggesting that he had asked for a pay rise during contract talks.

In fact, the reality is that negotiations of any nature are yet to begin.

And, with the Geordies now just three points above the drop zone, Owen insists that his main focus in on preserving the club's top flight status.

"There have been no talks on either side about a new deal and nothing has been mentioned about my contract," explained the former Real Madrid ace.

"I don't want this interpreted as being a snub on either side.

"It's just that there are more important things to sort out at the moment than mine or any other player's new contract and that is making sure we stay in the Premier League.

"But if or when the club want to talk to me then I am prepared to talk. I am still only 28 and I feel I still have a lot of years of football left in me."

And Owen remains confident that Kevin Keegan's men have what it takes to climb away from the dreaded danger zone, adding: "Obviously if things do not pick up in the next couple of games then I would give you a different answer and we all know that we are in trouble.

"But we also know that if we can pick up that win again then we could jump five places up the Premier League table. And if we can string a few results together then we can move away from the bottom of the table.

"Our results will have to improve but the worst thing we can do is panic and we know that we have to try and keep a cool head.

"I am sure we will get out of this, but then we have to push on and be better next time round than we have this season."

Sorted.

why are you so cruel dave? toonlass will get heartattack reading your trimmed down post with actually reading what is there in the link.

Bitter? No.

I toatally agree with toonlass. 'hindu times' -please elaborate on what you see in Owen after he's become captain?

I get the feeling Owen isn't that interested in football anymore. Doesn't seem to have any passion or enthusiasm for the game, probably because all he has ever wanted to do is play for Liverpool and England really. I reckon he realised this at Real Madrid but then when he wasn't wanted back by Lieverpool then he had to settle for us which has resulted in his all round shiteness and losing any passion that he had for football.

Guest Sniffer

He'll get his interest back once he moves to a team that can actually pass a ball on the gound and play some though balls. Unlike the absolute shite that we have in our midfield along with a back four who are incapable of doing anything other than getting rid of the ball as quickly as they can.

Guest scott076q

Promised goals, delivered f*** all how much is this tefal headed w***r earning? Sell him if anyone wants the sick note t**t to pay for his tweed suits and race cards.

"There was a classy moment when we were cycling down the A19 and a helicopter came overhead. Alan Shearer said to me: "that's Michael Owen on his way to Cheltenham", and sure enough the helicopter did a big loop, came round and hovered next to us. A couple of obscene hand gestures were exchanged and then off he went to Cheltenham and we carried on down the A19. It was like a scene from Footballers' Wives." - Adrian Chiles cycling to London.

:lol: