Toon Ultras

Guest HyDrO

We're the Ultras responsible for the horrific "We support our local team!" yesterday? Howay man, do you really think Man Utd gave a monkeys. In my (granted limited) away experiences last season, the away fans seem much more intent on winding the home fans up rather than supporting the lads. Case example the mass chanting of "Gary Glitters red and white army" at Boro. Was amusing for the first few minutes but was done to death. There were also gangs of charvers roaming round Anfield singing "in your Liverpool slums". Pretty dismal really.

There was most likely 10-20 of us at Man Utd, all dispersed through the crowd, so no, its not, an Ultra may have started it, but so could anyone else.

Guest Knightrider

BTW why do people find the Shearer songs so bad? I'd rather fans chanted about the current lot like but I'm not fussed if people want to sing about Shearer. No-one ever said stop singing about O'Brien(s), Clarkie etc. If we were doing well and Shepherd didn't have this whole Geordie issue thing I doubt anyone would care which tells me it isn't the chanting itself people have an issue with in which case, stop being miserable bastards man.

He's a Toon legend and if bits of bairns want to sing about him let them. All through the Lillestrom and PSV games the bairn was chanting "hey hey Shearer", is that wrong?

Fuck me.

We are far too self conscious and critical of ourselves. You still hear Keano ehcoing around Old Trafford or from the away end when Man Utd are on the road.

This is probably why there is no atmosphere because singing is "silly" and "for bairns", we're too "cool" for that. Same with shoes off etc. which aye, it is silly and daft but **** me, so is paying 40 quid for a ticket to be told to sit down by some nob jockey, may as well make the most of it, no?

Nowt worse than football snobs.

I wouldn't mind if they sung it once or twice a game like ManUre do with Cantona and Keane but every five minutes is fucking daft! It was only broken up by the 'Stand up if you hate Sun'lund' chants which is equally embarrasing. I'm all for singing and chanting at games but I refuse to sing certain songs because i'm not getting lumped with the Tracksuit bottom wearing morons.

Fair enough, like I said I'd prefer fans to sing about the current lot and I agree with you on the mackems chant, which really pisses me off.

We're the Ultras responsible for the horrific "We support our local team!" yesterday? Howay man, do you really think Man Utd gave a monkeys. In my (granted limited) away experiences last season, the away fans seem much more intent on winding the home fans up rather than supporting the lads. Case example the mass chanting of "Gary Glitters red and white army" at Boro. Was amusing for the first few minutes but was done to death. There were also gangs of charvers roaming round Anfield singing "in your Liverpool slums". Pretty dismal really.

There was most likely 10-20 of us at Man Utd, all dispersed through the crowd, so no, its not, an Ultra may have started it, but so could anyone else.

that has been sung the last couple ov years to be honest

Guest The_Tyne

I've heard that the Toon Ultras are actually a gay strip troupe who are trying to break into the singing world. Anyone else heard this? Interesting if true.

Yeah just blame that on us aswell if you want.

Guest Gemmill

I've heard that the Toon Ultras are actually a gay strip troupe who are trying to break into the singing world. Anyone else heard this? Interesting if true.

Yeah just blame that on us aswell if you want.

Hellooooooo Ciscooo!

• 1 month later...
Guest Gemmill

Do us all a favour and stop chanting for Shearer ffs.

complaining about chanting

and the bigg market

and young people these days 

:roll:

Look mate, we've established that I think the Bigg Market is for charver peasants and that you like to drink in the Bigg Market.  I also think chanting the name of a bloke who retired last year is moronic and that you don't.

I'm building up a picture of you.  It isn't a good one.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

and the bigg market

Look mate, we've established that I think the Bigg Market is for charver peasants and that you like to drink in the Bigg Market. I also think chanting the name of a bloke who retired last year is moronic and that you don't.

I'm building up a picture of you. It isn't a good one.

I'm building up a picture of you - miserable bastard

You cannot knock the purpose of the toon ultras or their effort.

It's just a shame when the prawn sandwich brigade (i assume you're included) build up a stereotype of negativity

I think you'll find that the charvs move to the top of the Gallowgate for the cup games. Otherwise, for Premiership games, the supporters are good i think.

I sit in the Gallowgate, might be slightly biased, but you can't hear the "Ultras" from there.

East stand.....nothing.

Milburn....corporates.

So out of the four stands, the Gallowgate and Leazes will create the most noise.

I usually take up a new seat for cup games as i hate the fact that you see loads of charvers go to the back row and chant the same songs over and over.

As for a new song or variation, maybe we could come up with one now?

and the bigg market

Look mate, we've established that I think the Bigg Market is for charver peasants and that you like to drink in the Bigg Market. I also think chanting the name of a bloke who retired last year is moronic and that you don't.

It's just a shame when the prawn sandwich brigade (i assume you're included) build up a stereotype of negativity

No need to build a picture of him mate, it was posted a while back, no need to explain

Guest Gemmill

and the bigg market

No need to build a picture of him mate, it was posted a while back, no need to explain

Bigg Market trawling knuckle dragger who can barely string a sentence together and is coffee and photocopy boy at the Sunday Times.  Am I getting warm?

Guest Gemmill

and the bigg market

I can knock whoever I want matey.  Were you among the collection of mongs chanting Shearer's name last night?  If so, consider yourself knocked.

I love a good prawn sandwich washed down with a Pimms and lemonade, yes.  Fucking spiffing.

and the bigg market

Bigg Market trawling knuckle dragger who can barely string a sentence together and is coffee and photocopy boy at the Sunday Times.  Am I getting warm?

bluelaugh.gif

ps bring back stevie

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6451/smashadik5.jpg

and the bigg market

I can knock whoever I want matey. Were you among the collection of mongs chanting Shearer's name last night? If so, consider yourself knocked.

I love a good prawn sandwich washed down with a Pimms and lemonade, yes. ****ing spiffing.

I was in level 7 with the Toon Ultras and thought that it was good crack up there, howver the  chavs are the scum that sing for Shearer etc. when we try to start a new chant the chavs just sing 'NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE' or 'GEORDIE BOOT BOYS' and it was also these chavs singing'SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON' they are the ones you need to knock not Toon Ultras.

and the bigg market

I can knock whoever I want matey. Were you among the collection of mongs chanting Shearer's name last night? If so, consider yourself knocked.

I love a good prawn sandwich washed down with a Pimms and lemonade, yes. ****ing spiffing.

I was in level 7 with the Toon Ultras and thought that it was good crack up there, howver the  chavs are the scum that sing for Shearer etc. when we try to start a new chant the chavs just sing 'NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE' or 'GEORDIE BOOT BOYS' and it was also these chavs singing'SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON' they are the ones you need to knock not Toon Ultras.

you shouldn't knock anyone for chanting or singing ffs

Guest Gemmill

and the bigg market

Fair enough, they should consider themselves knocked as well.