Fox Football Phone-in

bulivye

i think this show is confined to north america, but does anyone watch it?  i usually don't but the other night i tuned in briefly for fun, & noticed the presenter who usually sports a L-pool shirt was wearing the B&W stripes of newcastle!  i was wondering why?

anyone know?

Joke of a fan really, he just wears whichever shirt he fancies that week.  Three weeks ago it was a Man U shirt and then he went right back to Liverpool the next week. 

edit: joke of a show as well.  They had Lalas on and were berating him as to why Beckham wouldn't show up on their two bit show.  Completely full of themselves and I can't stand that Chelsea supporter host.

I watch the show every few weeks and regularly listen to World Soccer Daily online while at work.  The host in the Nufc jersey was Nick Webster, and I have seen him in several other kits from time to time.  I didn't catch the reason why he had on the black and white this week.  The show often gives us a hell of a ragging, and Stephen in particular is merciless.

As for Liverpool, I think you are remembering the other host Nick Geber from Fox Football Fridays.  He is more heavyset and wears a goatee.  He is a rabid Liverpool supporter and was always in some sort of Liverpool shirt.

I mainly listen and watch because its the only US shows I know of with anything close to relevant comentary on the game.  Thats if you can get past the 80% focus on the big four,  Real Madrid and Barcelona, and the unending commentary on Beckham.

I have Fox Sports World but outside the Sky Sports News they run, I rarely tune into the channel, the wife limits my football time to the live games on Setanta involving NUFC because she would kill me if she missed any crap like, Hulk Hogan knows best, Some show about parents of sextuplets and that new lie detector show !

I need to buy a cable box for my TV in my computer room, when I do I'll check it out see what I've been missing.

well, i don't really ever watch the show, i just happened to see it and the presenter (whom i may have confused w/ a liverpool supporter) was wearing an NUFC shirt.  i wondered why, but nobody seems to know... 

Guest TinoInHiding

Sorry, but... f****** yanks!

i'm pretty sure the presenters are brits.

aye, they are british.

right couple of twats, though.....

just to let you all know, the game's live on monday @ 2.00pm central time, on setanta (channel 406 on dishnetwork)

Sorry, but... f****** yanks!

i'm pretty sure the presenters are brits.

aye, they are british.

right couple of twats, though.....

just to let you all know, the game's live on monday @ 2.00pm central time, on setanta (channel 406 on dishnetwork)

I'll have to remember to set my PVR, we are on mountain time so I'll be at work not be able to watch it live, I'll have to arrange some meetings for Monday afternoon so I won't be tempted to check the internet :)

The phone calls are fucking atrocious. Wondered why he has the shirt of too, though. Other guy called the appointment of Keegan the worst hire in..did he say the clubs history?

Still, it's all we have here, so we all watch, huh.

Sorry, but... fucking yanks!

Devil Rays Fan?

Guest Texasmag

Nick Webster is an Arsenal fan. I watch the show, but I don't know why as I get mad every week. I have DVRed this weeks, so I will watch it and see why he wore our shirt and get back to you.

Nick Webster is an Arsenal fan. I watch the show, but I don't know why as I get mad every week. I have DVRed this weeks, so I will watch it and see why he wore our shirt and get back to you.

cheers, tex!  my guess is that it's some sort of piss-take against us.  :angry:

hope i'm wrong!

Guest Texasmag

Nothing much to report. Webster didn't say why he was wearing it, but Cohen made a sarcastic comment to him along the lines of that he is trying to show support and interest for other clubs than the top four, but why he had our shirt on was a joke. Webster said nothing, just smirked. BTW Webster doesn't think we will be relegated, he reckons KK will turn it around at the eleventh hour.

Nothing much to report. Webster didn't say why he was wearing it, but Cohen made a sarcastic comment to him along the lines of that he is trying to show support and interest for other clubs than the top four, but why he had our shirt on was a joke. Webster said nothing, just smirked. BTW Webster doesn't think we will be relegated, he reckons KK will turn it around at the eleventh hour.

thank you. 

Guest Texasmag

I watch it cos theres nothing else to watch which is solely about football. I switch off when they start on about the MLS.

Guest nufcfan76

First off, Iceman should check himself- in 10 years this world will have a lot more top players coming from and to the US to play, not to mention a growing fan base and appreciation for the sport and its culture. You can go to Dubai or Maryland for any FIFA conference you want and any and all will agree with this simple fact. So Iceman, why all the hate? You should be proud that people overseas love and adore NUFC as much as you, I or others do. For the past 13 years I've bled black and white and have had to prove my knowledge or loyalty to no one - but I've been praised by many for such. I've enjoyed the same glories and suffered the same heartbreaks as you. Show some respect FFS.

Second, FFPI, the erm, "television show" in question is simply awful. Yes, the hosts are fairly knowledgeable, seem pretty fair in their assessments but, yes it tends to be one giant tugjob for the big 4 while putting up with over-the- top, annoying, unknown ex-pats who seem way above their station- guffawing with handkerchiefs like. I could care less about any other league than the Prem and the MLS coverage is poor. It pales in comparison to Sky Sports News, Premier League Preview/Review or Setanta Sports News, Friday Football Show, The Special One on FSC and Setanta respectively here in the States, both of which, only on DTV, I strongly suggest.

I've seen this in the states a couple of time and by god, they are a pair of prize doyles.

I agree with nufcfan76 too - once the US gets its act together, they will be the powerhouse of world football.