43. Joe Ledley, Cardiff City

44. Kris Commons, Nottingham Forest

45. Jason Puncheon, Barnet

46. Casper Ankergren, Leeds

47. Andy Robinson, Swansea

48. Richie Wellens, Doncaster

49. Anthony Gerrard, Walsall

50. Derek Holmes, Rotherham

In this months edition, thought it may strike up some interesting debate from you Football league followers.

FourFourTwos 50 Best Football League Players

1. Kevin Phillips, West Brom: Football League Player of the Year

2. Andy Gray, Charlton

3. Michael Kightly, Wolves: Football League Young Player of the Year

4. Jon Greening, West Brom

5. Zheng Zhi, Charlton

6. James Beattie, Sheffield United

7. Clinton Morrison, Crystal Palace

8. Dean Windass, Hull City

9. Michael Mifsud, Coventry

10. Zoltan Gera, West Brom

11. Robert Koren, West Brom

12. David Norris, Ipswich

13. Adriano Basso, Bristol City

14. Wes Hoolahan, Blackpool

15. Ricardo Fuller, Stoke

16. Brian Howard, Barnsley

17. Akos Buzsaky, QPR

18. Andy Keogh, Wolves

19. Jay DeMerit, Watford

20. Paul Robinson, West Brom

21. Dan Shittu, Watford

22. Wayne Hennessey, Wolves

23. Ryan Shawcross, Stoke

24. Jermaine Beckford, Leeds: League One Player of the Year

25. Chris Iwelumo, Charlton

26. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Wolves

27. Jonathan Walters, Ipswich

28. Darius Henderson, Watford

29. Liam Lawrence, Stoke

30. Chris Dickson, Charlton

31. Lee Trundle, Bristol City

32. Jason Scotland, Swansea

33. Lee Camp, QPR

34. Marvin Elliott, Bristol City

35. Peter Halmosi, Plymouth

36. Joe Garner, Carlisle

37. Andrew Surman, Southampton

38. Keith Andrews, MK Dons: League Two Player of the Year

39. Mark Hudson, Crystal Palace

40. Jack Lester, Chesterfield

41. Filipe Teixeira, West Brom

42. Aaron McLean, Peterborough

43. Joe Ledley, Cardiff City

44. Kris Commons, Nottingham Forest

45. Jason Puncheon, Barnet

46. Casper Ankergren, Leeds

47. Andy Robinson, Swansea

48. Richie Wellens, Doncaster

49. Anthony Gerrard, Walsall

50. Derek Holmes, Rotherham

In this months edition, thought it may strike up some interesting debate from you Football league followers.

We could all be, next season :(

I've liked the look of Mifsud from Coventry in the admittedly brief spells I've seen him (can only be about half a dozen games).

Small and fast, always playing on the shoulder, but not a brilliant finisher by any stretch of the imagination. He's not that young either, but put in the right team I think he could perform to a good level. He reminds me of He who shall not be named, a bit, mainly because of where he is like.

I've always liked Zoltan Gera and knowing a few Baggies now, they absolutely love the bloke as well. Has a bit of everything about him, bit like a Benayoun sort. Could probably look decent at a much bigger club and may move up a division if WBA don't get promoted.

Ricardo Fuller should have been a lot better than he has turned out, but a combination of injuries and bad moves have scuppered him a bit. He looked a class apart when I used to watch Preston now and again.

Where on earth is Tommy Smith? Much better than Henderson or DeMerit who are included, pacey tricky goalscoring winger. Still don't understand some of the inclusions: Windass? Camp? Gray is NOT that good, also puzzled as to how Nathan Dyer misses out, Lee Croft is another good one not included.

Guest NorwegianMag

Both Koren and Mifsud were in the lillestrøm side that met Newcastle in the Intertoto cup. Looks like they both do well!

how many would be good in the preimership? im thinking kightly is the first im thinking of

Kightly has looked not much better than average whenever I've seen him, which tbf, isn't very often.  Released by Spurs as a kid and went into non-league, Grays I think without checking.

Of those on that list, only Surman and Ledley strike me as being future Premier League quality.

Darius Henderson is the most impotent striker I've ever seen, at least when he was in the Premiership last year. Surely someone like Billy Sharp is better?

Now, he is a battering ram, works his socks off and can be a poacher inside the box, exactly what is needed at Championshp level.

Saw this about a week ago, it's absolutely awful. Loads of the best young players aren't on the list.

I can only assume someone who hardly watches the lower divisions put  it together.

Darius Henderson is the most impotent striker I've ever seen, at least when he was in the Premiership last year. Surely someone like Billy Sharp is better?

He was last season, and would be this season if Sheff United realised he has to be in the box.

Nice to see 3 former Scunny strikers in that last - can't really work out why Martin Paterson isn't in that list though (or Jack Cork, though strictly he's a Chelsea player). Thinking even further, Joe Murphy is regarded as one of the best keepers outside the Premiership yet still doesn't make the list.

They've basically missed any player out who doesn't play for a fashionable club. Stupid list.

He was last season, and would be this season if Sheff United realised he has to be in the box.

Nice to see 3 former Scunny strikers in that last - can't really work out why Martin Paterson isn't in that list though (or Jack Cork, though strictly he's a Chelsea player). Thinking even further, Joe Murphy is regarded as one of the best keepers outside the Premiership yet still doesn't make the list.

They've basically missed any player out who doesn't play for a fashionable club. Stupid list.

Because Watford are really 'flavour of the month'.

Looking again, am shocked at the exclusion of Joe Mattock and Richard Chaplow amongst others.

Looking again, am shocked at the exclusion of Joe Mattock and Richard Chaplow amongst others.

Maybe not flavour of the month, but a massive club compared to the likes of Scunny.

Kris Commons has been shite this season; why's he in there? Forest are a big club....

I'm actually surprised that West Brazil's side don't occupy the first 11 spots tbh. The way the media go on about them, I was surprised they weren't in the Champions League draw today.

I'm actually surprised that West Brazil's side don't occupy the first 11 spots tbh. The way the media go on about them, I was surprised they weren't in the Champions League draw today.

:D

You get my point then? ;)

By the way, thought you were awful when you came to Glanford Park. Has the football improved?

how many would be good in the preimership? im thinking kightly is the first im thinking of

Kevin Phillips was good in the premiership.

Should have moved up from the mackems.

Owen Garvan, Mark Beevers, the Palace kids.... surely really good players for the future.

They've got Anthony Gerrard on there who is shit. His ex-Everton reserves team mate Daniel Fox was also at Walsall with Gerrard and did very well, getting himself a big move to Coventry in January yet Fox doesn't make the list. Then again, I suppose his cousin isn't the England captain.

:D

You get my point then? ;)

By the way, thought you were awful when you came to Glanford Park. Has the football improved?

Does a leopard change its spots? No, not really, it's improving slightly but nowhere near 'football', it's more 'a couple of passes then hoofball', which is more tolerable, the results aren't there though. However, Stoke tomorrow is bound to give me neck pain.

Guest kingdawson

Buzsaky looked good whenener ive seen him and i still maintain that Ricardo Fuller is the best player outside the premiership (bad luck with injuries though).

Buzsaky looked good whenener ive seen him and i still maintain that Ricardo Fuller is the best player outside the premiership (bad luck with injuries though).

I'll have a good look at Fuller later.