Oba...Obafem

TRon

Loved the passion he showed, his eyes were red when he was taken off, i think he may have been crying.

Pathetic by KK taking him off instead of Barton who was fucking TERRIBLE

Not really.

We needed to make sure we did not concede late on so I understand why KK did what he did, but for me it should have been Viduka to come off, it was however good to see KK make sure he did not let Oba just storm past him, he was devastated to be taken off but Kev was not going to let any bad feeling fester. NICE ONE KEV  O0

We need Oba on the pitch though for 90 mins every game for the rest of the season, he is the difference for us, Owen would not have got his goal if it had not been for Martins persistence!!

For me Oba has to start every game, It's ridiculous that he's still our top scorer even though he's not scored since before xmas due to the ACN's.

I thought last night he was our biggest threat although I would like to see him play with a single player in the team who have a creative bone in their body instead of the drone we had in midfield last night.

Thought Owen scored the equaliser last night.

Aye, sure I saw that as well.

I do love Oba though, so important he is back now.

Aye Owen did well to beat the defenders to it, but it was all about Oba's determination that created the chance...

Thought Owen scored the equaliser last night.

Aye, sure I saw that as well.

I do love Oba though, so important he is back now.

Both of them can score loads of goals when they just get the ball in space! I didn't like Viduka's performance yesterday as he looked really clumsy and extremely slow with the ball...

Just add some pace in our play and it will work!

I know, it's just this jizz-fest (as ever re: Martins) is way over the top.

:lol: he seems to get that even when on the bench though, he gets taken off and they sing for him, Owen scores they sing for Oba, he starts on the bench he is sang for, he is the spark in the team and the fans know it, leaving him on would have gave us more of a chance of nicking it than it did leaving Dukes on.

You'd think he was subbed off at half time the way people are going on. :lol:

Played well last night, as did Owen.

what would the reaction have been like if Owen had made such a fuss in being subbed...

I like the 4-3-3 idea but we need a more mobile big central striker, Viduka looks like he is in quicksand. Imagine Owen and Oba either side of someone like Kenwyn Jones.. :D

-----------Owen------------------Martins

----------------------Jones

with a strong three man midfield behind them, its the way of the future.

:lol:

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Carroll given a go there, off the bench at least - he can move about.

Aye maybe, just have not seen enough of him to know weather or not he has enough in his game to be able to hold it up and bring in players around him. He is 100% more mobile than Viduka is though..

I can see why Viduka is persevered with though, I mean he can produce a goal out of nothing at times... just his fitness/mobility is more like a tortoise than a footballer.

Yep, Carroll is obv inexperienced, not sure whether now is the time to take a chance on him. Might be worth 20 mins when Duke is knackered though.

What I find laughable is that Owen has missed more sitters than Martins this season. He has scored less goals even though he has had more starts... yet he is supposedly the best forward at the club even though he  has no left foot  and little pace.

Again, people forgetting the 2 months leading upto January. He's scored 6-7 goals, and I think most of them came by October.

What I find laughable is that Owen has missed more sitters than Martins this season. He has scored less goals even though he has had more starts... yet he is supposedly the best forward at the club even though he  has no left foot  and little pace.

Again, people forgetting the 2 months leading upto January. He's scored 6-7 goals, and I think most of them came by October.

Martins was abysmal before the ACN, but he's now returned and for all the minutes he's been on the pitch since he's returned, he's looked dangerous as soon as he gets the ball.

I was much more confident in something happening when he had the ball than when any other player in our team had it. We're desperate for a player like Martins, and it's ludicrous not to use him when he's available.

Owen and Martins have scored the same amount of goals as it happens. Martins has scored one more in the league. The number of starts is virtually identical too. Neither offer very much other than goals imo. What I find laughable though is that fans of one player (I'm a fan of the team myself like) constantly use the stats of one to try and bash the other. Yet last night we found there is some potential in playing both of them.

What I would say, is that Martins has to start, then it should be who plays alongside, that's the question. Said in the other thread, Viduka is the one who is dispensable out of the three strikers.

Owen and Martins have scored the same amount of goals as it happens. Martins has scored one more in the league. The number of starts is virtually identical too. Neither offer very much other than goals imo. What I find laughable though is that fans of one player (I'm a fan of the team myself like) constantly use the stats of one to try and bash the other. Yet last night we found there is some potential in playing both of them.

:nods:

We've had both of them at the club for nearly two years, and they've started like three games together. I bet you that defenders will shit themselves if Owen and Martins were both in form and playing together.

Out of Owen, Martins and Viduka I'd say they all offer different things with none of them being particularly outstanding and each having significant downsides to their game too. I'd be inclined to play Martins though because of the lack of pace in the side and playing him means the opposition have to defend deeper which creates more space for us when we attack.