We have a part to play...

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

At the game against Fulham. I don't buy into that "They give us nothing to shout about" shite that some like to roll out. We should get behind our team, despite the way they have been playing, despite the position we are in, we should be the 12th man. I can't see it happening to be honest, they are far too many complacent people in the ground for whome a season ticket is a social status symbol rather than an opoortunity to get behind the lads(and I am not singling out any particular group of supporters). An atmosphere like the one when Arsenal came up here earlier in the season is needed.

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the atmosphere could be the hinge for which way the result goes. From a footballing point of view, it'd be typical of this season for us to bottle it. If the atmosphere's mint, then we'll win i reckon.

Bit preachy, to be honest, toonlass.

I love a good atmosphere, I just don't think pissing and moaning at your fellow supporters will get you anywhere.

I don't care what you say, perfomance and desire are the key to a good atmosphere. Either that, or a dodgy decision to rile the crowd up (ala Carr against Chelsea)

Guest Stephen927

No excuse for not getting behind the lads on Saturday.

Lose and we'll really be staring down the barrel of the gun, win and it will hopefully be the impotus for wins against the likes of Reading which will propel us to safety.

:clap2:

Guest toonlass

I love a good atmosphere, I just don't think pissing and moaning at your fellow supporters will get you anywhere.

I don't care what you say, perfomance and desire are the key to a good atmosphere. Either that, or a dodgy decision to rile the crowd up (ala Carr against Chelsea)

Couldn't give a fuck, to be honest, PegasusBridge.

I am sick to death of seeing people who really look like they couldn't give a fuck when they are at the game. If you want a good atmosphere and you think that it could make a difference then I don't see a problem with what I said. We do have a role to play and there have been far too many fans(of which I would think that only a very small amount would bother to post on here) who let our side down.

Its about time that we raised the roof again at St James Park.

Guest Nufc4Life

Fuck sake, just because some people dont start chanting and all this doesnt mean they don;t give a fuck.

Some of us do like to be up on our feet, shouting, joining in the chants and all that, and thats fine.

Some people like to sit down and watch the match, obviously animated if we score and all that, and generally clapping for good passes etc etc, and don't join in all the chants and al that, and that's fine to.

To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Guest Toon Barmy

I don't care what you say, perfomance and desire are the key to a good atmosphere.

Lets hope you're not at the match on Saurday, sitting on youir hands waiting for something to cheer about.  This is a call to arms, a call to say that you can make a difference.  If you are going to moan about being rallied into action, then stay away, please.

Fuck sake, just because some people dont start chanting and all this doesnt mean they don;t give a fuck.

Some of us do like to be up on our feet, shouting, joining in the chants and all that, and thats fine.

Some people like to sit down and watch the match, obviously animated if we score and all that, and generally clapping for good passes etc etc, and don't join in all the chants and al that, and that's fine to.

To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

:thup:

Guest MarkMag

have to agree with pegasusbridge really. I don't think toon fans need to be winged at about how to behave or what role they have. Many fans, me included have put loads of support into the toon over the years, not to mentioned hard earned money. Fans will do want they want at the match and they are totally entitled to their opinions. I will give a lot of vocal support on Saturday, believe me, but I certainly wouldn't have a go at other fans.

I don't care what you say, perfomance and desire are the key to a good atmosphere.

Lets hope you're not at the match on Saurday, sitting on youir hands waiting for something to cheer about.  This is a call to arms, a call to say that you can make a difference.  If you are going to moan about being rallied into action, then stay away, please.

I will be at the match on Saturday, and I will be cheering. Anyone who knows me, knows thats what I do. I just don't believe you're a better supporter, just because you sing when we're shite.

I will be at the match on Saturday, and I will be cheering. Anyone who knows me, knows thats what I do. I just don't believe you're a better supporter, just because you sing when we're shite.

Hugs our fellow supporters etc. ;)

Hugs our fellow supporters etc. ;)

:smitten:

have to agree with pegasusbridge really. I don't think toon fans need to be winged at about how to behave or what role they have. Many fans, me included have put loads of support into the toon over the years, not to mentioned hard earned money. Fans will do want they want at the match and they are totally entitled to their opinions. I will give a lot of vocal support on Saturday, believe me, but I certainly wouldn't have a go at other fans.

I understand your point, fans pay their money and if they get lousy entertainment, then they are entitled to boo jeer etc if they want to though I wouldn't do that personally, or alternatively just sit there in silence.

But the team haven't been doing well recently and they're facing a match which will solve a lot of problems if they win it.  Is Toonlass really asking too much for all the fans to get behind the team and give them some vocal support?  I don't think so.  It's not just the lift it gives to your team, it does also get the visiting team affected by the atmosphere too.  Why has Anfield traditionally been a difficult place to go to?  There may be a good team there but it is also an intimidating atmosphere.

When the team needs support, the fans should be there supporting them.  And I don't see any problem if someone starts a thread reminding people of that also.

Guest Milburnthedog

A good atmosphere does make a difference. We used to get behind the team better. On 'big' occassions more make a noise (sunlun, Man U, Spurs, Barca, Juve etc) so why not expect that level of support for teams like Fulham, Reading etc?

That Pompey 1-0 (Kelly) game was intense because we were going down. Seriously, we were on the way out and the atmosphere was a out of fear. We are not far from the drop. A bad result against Fulham and a mackem win at Villa and a Bolton win at home to Man City and we really are in serious danger of going down in to the Championship.

It's time to get behind the lads in any way you can.

i dont mind the people who sit and watch, applaud when things go right, have a bit of a whinge when things go wrong. its the cunts who turn up with faces like shite, never praise anything, arms crossed just waiting for something to moan about, and then the inevitable half and full time boooing crew that need to fuck off

Personally, I don't think people realise how close we are to going down, other teams have what I would call easier run ins, WE ARE PLAYING SHI**E,  we only have three win games, the rest are hands down losers.

if we don't get behind the team on saturday, that difference the twelth man could have made may well come back and haunt us!

FULHAM IS A MUST WIN GAME...NO DOUBTS AT ALL!!!!

Guest Jawesome

I dont sing much at home games, dont know why, but i tend to sit there and clap a few passes and shout the odd chant like 'black and white army'.

So i won't be 'behind the lads 100%' in vocal terms, im sure i will never boo even if we do get beat.

I only shout and sing and go wild at away games, dont know why so dont ask

Why?

Guest The Libertine

the fans frequently play their part. its the players who should start giving us something back.