Chelsea not happy. *(Home game vs Chelsea moved to 5/5. 4pm kick off)*

Parky

From their site.

"Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed with the announcement today regarding the Everton fixture.

We believe the decision to hold the match on Thursday April 17 undermines the sporting integrity of the competition by giving our rivals for the Premier League title an unnecessary competitive advantage at a critical time of the season, with more recovery time from their previous match and preparation time for their next fixture when we have to play two games during the same period."

They are kind of saying the PL are favouring others....

Guest Brummiemag

Yes but something needs to be done about moving games at short notice.

Its not fair on the supporters, who in some cases will have booked trains and hotels in advance, not that supporters seem to count for much anymore. 

I was talking to someone at the ticket office who said that quite a few newcastle fans from Ireland and the south of england had booked flights and hotels for the Sunderland game, only to find the game moved to the Sunday, less than 4 weeks before the game was scheduled to take place.

Some rules need to be agreed so that games cannot be moved within a certain time period before the game.   

Guest ALNO1

Yes but something needs to be done about moving games at short notice.

Its not fair on the supporters, who in some cases will have booked trains and hotels in advance, not that supporters seem to count for much anymore. 

I was talking to someone at the ticket office who said that quite a few newcastle fans from Ireland and the south of england had booked flights and hotels for the Sunderland game, only to find the game moved to the Sunday, less than 4 weeks before the game was scheduled to take place.

Some rules need to be agreed so that games cannot be moved within a certain time period before the game.   

Chelsea fans travelling to away games  mackems.gif

Chelsea complaning about someone else undermining the integrity of anything is the sheer definition of irony tbh

Why does it matter that Chelsea's the team that's complaining? If it's wrong, it's wrong; it shouldn't matter which team is on the wrong end of the stick.

Chelsea complaning about someone else undermining the integrity of anything is the sheer definition of irony tbh

Why does it matter that Chelsea's the team that's complaining? If it's wrong, it's wrong; it shouldn't matter which team is on the wrong end of the stick.

There could be a case that moving this game has hampered their late surge for the title. Which in financial terms is actually a lot of cash. If I was RA I'd get the lawyers to take a look. Seriously. :razz:

Guest LucaAltieri

Can't be bothered to check but there will be other times in the season where Man United, Arsenal, etc have had a more congested fixture list than Chelsea. They've got no right to be whining.

What's the official reason for the move? And what does their fixture look like atm in comparison to Arsenal's and Man Utd's?

If, based on what they've said, the fixtures are very similar and thus there is no real reason to move this particular one, then they have every right to complain about it.

Can't be bothered to check but there will be other times in the season where Man United, Arsenal, etc have had a more congested fixture list than Chelsea. They've got no right to be whining.

Just because Man Utd and Arsenal have been treated unfairly in the past does not mean Chelsea should be subjected to the same treatment now. Two wrongs don't make a right ;)

Guest LucaAltieri

Just because Man Utd and Arsenal have been treated unfairly in the past does not mean Chelsea should be subjected to the same treatment now. Two wrongs don't make a right ;)

They haven't been treated unfairly. Everyone gets the same treatment regarding fixtures. You have to get on and make the best of it.

We spoke out against  this fixture as well. So apparently, Sky TV  schedules are more important than the wishes  of two clubs and the fact that tickets had already been sold to fans. A new low.

They have a good right not too be happy

Things like this are happening with us, happened away to fulham (made me lose out on extra money to get back home) , mackems home has been changed what? 2 or 3 times, wouldve made problems for people , then pompey away! changed to a 5:15 and i know someone who has booked up on train and cant get on the twat...

sky and setanta are a complete and utter joke, they dont take the travelling fans into considersation, but most on here dont give a fuck because you's dont even go to the home games never mind away

Things like this are happening with us, happened away to fulham (made me lose out on extra money to get back home) , mackems home has been changed what? 2 or 3 times, wouldve made problems for people , then pompey away! changed to a 5:15 and i know someone who has booked up on train and cant get on the twat...

sky and setanta are a complete and utter joke, they dont take the travelling fans into considersation, but most on here dont give a fuck because you's dont even go to the home games never mind away

Quiet, bairn.

:laugh:

Things like this are happening with us, happened away to fulham (made me lose out on extra money to get back home) , mackems home has been changed what? 2 or 3 times, wouldve made problems for people , then pompey away! changed to a 5:15 and i know someone who has booked up on train and cant get on the t***...

sky and setanta are a complete and utter joke, they dont take the travelling fans into considersation, but most on here dont give a f*** because you's dont even go to the home games never mind away

Quiet, bairn.

stating the obvious, most people cant handle the fact that im right

i meen come on, the admin of this site lives in fucking leeds  :laugh: commical

:lol:

Sooopafan comes back.

That admin you talk about has a season ticket btw.

soopafan comes back? havnt even mentioned anything about me/going to matches...

just stated a fact that most members on here dont go too hardly any matches

Sooopafan comes back.

soopafan comes back? havnt even mentioned anything about me/going to matches...just stated a fact that most members on here dont go too hardly any matches

Yes you did.

Sooopafan comes back.

soopafan comes back? havnt even mentioned anything about me/going to matches...just stated a fact that most members on here dont go too hardly any matches

Yes you did.

oh once i mentioned me, just said about setanta fucking up my trip to fulham, which is just a fact and did i say anything about going to MOST MATCHES? just mentioned one game, which doesnt bring anything like 'soopafan' into consideration. conversation over.