Graeme Souness

Guest Geordiesned

when he was Blackburn manager up here, iirc, he claimed our crowd knew what they were doing ( pressuring refs etc, and making it hard for him) knew thier job I think was what he said.

After he left us, blamed the fans for being on the players backs etc.

so what is it?

just a serial blamer of others, anybody but himself.

As if you can liken Dalglish to Souness, man. KD took over a team that had peaked and finished 2nd, getting us into the Champions League. Souness seemingly went out of his way to almost kill this club. If if ever bump into that horrible prick I'll slap his 'proper' face.

Aye they still both ended up doing the same thing though, ruining this football club and sending it back years.

It was only 3 years after Dalglish left that we were back in the Champions League, and a fair chunk of the team (Given, Dabizas, Speed, Solano) were brought in relatively cheaply by him.

As much as I hate the f***er, I do think he might actually have a point. I think we newcastle fans as a whole are far too impatient. Maybe it's just because most of my communication with other fans are on this forum.

I've been impatient for 45 years, i'm running out of time!

As much as I hate the f***er, I do think he might actually have a point. I think we newcastle fans as a whole are far too impatient. Maybe it's just because most of my communication with other fans are on this forum.

I've been impatient for 45 years, i'm running out of time!

No he was dog shyte...it wasn't about time.

When we pitched up a Wigan in the league cup and they passed us off the fucking pitch with a team of reserves, while we had out, Shearer, Owen, Luque, Parker and pretty much our best side...Watching Dean Saunders standing on the touch line telling the back four to play it long to Luque and asking him to win headers.

Jesus man.  Then Souness got a massive moan cos we the fans moaned. It was bloody awful.

Hes nowt but a typical Clogger manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Eric f***ing Cantona's ego can be managed to the massive benefit of a team, so can Craig Bellamy's. Good managers manage every personality differently, they don't let their best player go to Blackburn for £6m.

If Bellamy acted like he did numerous times for us under someone like Fergie he would have been out the door quicker than the man himself could run.

Bellamy acted the bollocks under Souness and although I haven't nor ever will read his book, hopefully it will reveal the exact point in which it all sprang from. Basically Souness laying into him saying he had achieved nowt in his career and if he wanted to achieve something he had to lose the attitude. He took offence to that as he did with Rise and Shearer and kicked off. He called his manager a cunt, feigned injury and allegedly tried to get him to attack him in the dressing room. Either way, hardly the stuff of a saint eh. Bellamy was a cunt and did nowt to smooth things under Souness.

That's not me defending Souness btw or exonerating him in all of this. I just don't by the "poor Cwaigy" shit....

The only reason that bullying cunt Souness was brought in was because Bobby had apparently lost the dressing room. Instead of going for a good manager to sort out the small problems we had, Shepherd made a cunt of it and decided to go for a 'hard man' to sort the players out. He went for the polar opposite in Souness without a thought about the other attributes you need to be a good manager.

Souness came in and he was never going to give people like Robert and Bellamy a chance. He kept picking and picking until Bellamy someone with a short fuse, snapped. Robert was what he was, a winger, but Souness couldn't accept that, trying to force him to constantly work back when that wasn't his game. Souness fucked us. He couldn't manage players.

Not sure anyone will agree with me, but I think we should have moved Bobby upstairs before that summer. He had started to lose a bit control, and although we had finished 5th the season before, the points total was low and the signs were there that things were going wrong. We had come to the same point as Liverpool had under Houllier imo. At that point we were no worse than them. Liverpool had a bit of ambition and brought in Benitez at a time where things weren't too bad and he had time to settle in and build something. We waited too long, sacked Robson in a shocking manner, at the wrong time, and appointed a shite replacement. Within a year Liverpool had won the Champions League and we were lodged in the bottom half. Not saying we would have won the Champions League or anything, but we could have appointed a new manager from a position of strength and gave Bobby a more respectful exit as team manager. Shepherd totally fucked it all up. It was a massive crossroads in the clubs history, and one we may never recover from.

If Bellamy acted like he did numerous times for us under someone like Fergie he would have been out the door quicker than the man himself could run.

Bellamy acted the bollocks under Souness and although I haven't nor ever will read his book, hopefully it will reveal the exact point in which it all sprang from. Basically Souness laying into him saying he had achieved nowt in his career and if he wanted to achieve something he had to lose the attitude. He took offence to that as he did with Rise and Shearer and kicked off. He called his manager a c***, feigned injury and allegedly tried to get him to attack him in the dressing room. Either way, hardly the stuff of a saint eh. Bellamy was a c*** and did nowt to smooth things under Souness.

That's not me defending Souness btw or exonerating him in all of this. I just don't by the "poor Cwaigy" s***....

Souness should have been sacked the day that he grabbed Bellamy by the throat, if my boss did that to me I would probably hit him in self defence and worry about the outcome later.  Souness thought he could bully players and got away with it with some but not everybody backs down just because somebody wants them to do so.

Souness was s**** and Bellamy was daft to react but I can understand why he did.

If Eric f***ing Cantona's ego can be managed to the massive benefit of a team, so can Craig Bellamy's. Good managers manage every personality differently, they don't let their best player go to Blackburn for £6m.

That's not me defending Souness btw or exonerating him in all of this. I just don't by the "poor Cwaigy" shit....

Firstly, Ferguson would make allowances for the best player in the squad and find a way of managing him.

Secondly, nobody is promoting such an image of Bellamy, he's obviously a bit of a prick.

The only reason that bullying c*** Souness was brought in was because Bobby had apparently lost the dressing room. Instead of going for a good manager to sort out the small problems we had, Shepherd made a c*** of it and decided to go for a 'hard man' to sort the players out. He went for the polar opposite in Souness without a thought about the other attributes you need to be a good manager.

Souness came in and he was never going to give people like Robert and Bellamy a chance. He kept picking and picking until Bellamy someone with a short fuse, snapped. Robert was what he was, a winger, but Souness couldn't accept that, trying to force him to constantly work back when that wasn't his game. Souness f***ed us. He couldn't manage players.

Not sure anyone will agree with me, but I think we should have moved Bobby upstairs before that summer. He had started to lose a bit control, and although we had finished 5th the season before, the points total was low and the signs were there that things were going wrong. We had come to the same point as Liverpool had under Houllier imo. At that point we were no worse than them. Liverpool had a bit of ambition and brought in Benitez at a time where things weren't too bad and he had time to settle in and build something. We waited too long, sacked Robson in a shocking manner, at the wrong time, and appointed a s**** replacement. Within a year Liverpool had won the Champions League and we were lodged in the bottom half. Not saying we would have won the Champions League or anything, but we could have appointed a new manager from a position of strength and gave Bobby a more respectful exit as team manager. Shepherd totally f***ed it all up. It was a massive crossroads in the clubs history, and one we may never recover from.

Bobby should have completed his final season and he should have been a part of bringing in his replacement.  Christ, we had one of the most knowledgeable people in world football at the club and we sacked him instead of making the most of him and taking the club forwards with the help of his experience.

Any manager coming into the club at that time would have had a massive bonus knowing they could go to Sir Bobby if needing a bit of help.

Sacking Bobby was never the problem,  despite how we handled it.  Replacing him with Souness was the killer blow.

Jesus man, clowns.

If we hadn't sacked Bobby we wouldn't have had Souness, of course it was a problem.

Guest taps01

The only reason that bullying c*** Souness was brought in was because Bobby had apparently lost the dressing room. Instead of going for a good manager to sort out the small problems we had, Shepherd made a c*** of it and decided to go for a 'hard man' to sort the players out. He went for the polar opposite in Souness without a thought about the other attributes you need to be a good manager.

Souness came in and he was never going to give people like Robert and Bellamy a chance. He kept picking and picking until Bellamy someone with a short fuse, snapped. Robert was what he was, a winger, but Souness couldn't accept that, trying to force him to constantly work back when that wasn't his game. Souness f***ed us. He couldn't manage players.

Not sure anyone will agree with me, but I think we should have moved Bobby upstairs before that summer. He had started to lose a bit control, and although we had finished 5th the season before, the points total was low and the signs were there that things were going wrong. We had come to the same point as Liverpool had under Houllier imo. At that point we were no worse than them. Liverpool had a bit of ambition and brought in Benitez at a time where things weren't too bad and he had time to settle in and build something. We waited too long, sacked Robson in a shocking manner, at the wrong time, and appointed a s**** replacement. Within a year Liverpool had won the Champions League and we were lodged in the bottom half. Not saying we would have won the Champions League or anything, but we could have appointed a new manager from a position of strength and gave Bobby a more respectful exit as team manager. Shepherd totally f***ed it all up. It was a massive crossroads in the clubs history, and one we may never recover from.

Bobby should have completed his final season and he should have been a part of bringing in his replacement.  Christ, we had one of the most knowledgeable people in world football at the club and we sacked him instead of making the most of him and taking the club forwards with the help of his experience.

Any manager coming into the club at that time would have had a massive bonus knowing they could go to Sir Bobby if needing a bit of help.

This! Even a couple of years after his departure didnt he warn sam allardyce against buying Geremi as his legs had gone? We really could have done with his knowledge in the souness, roeder, allardyce years!

This! Even a couple of years after his departure didnt he warn sam allardyce against buying Geremi as his legs had gone? We really could have done with his knowledge in the souness, roeder, allardyce years!

Sir Bob wouldnt have wanted Geremi for sound footballing reasons as you say. Allardyce signed him I imagine to keep the player's agent happy. There was some very murky things goign on at the time, Kenny Shepherd running a branch of Paul Stretford's agency at SJP was just the tip of it.

Some good comments re Bellamy, Souness and the sacking of Sir Bob....read that bit of his book a few times and reading between the lines he in all likelyhood thought that Shearer hammered a nail or two into his SJP coffin.

souness should have been man enough to get bellamy back and thrash things out with someone there as a moderator. he didn't even try. as far as he was concerned bellamy would never play for him again. didn't even try and keep bellamy.

the art of management is handling egos - Bobby was a master at it.

Not sure if he warned him but he said those very words to my dad when we played Birmingham at home.

Bobby did warn somebody, Mourinho phoned Bobby and told him so Bobby warned somebody at the club.

Not sure if he warned him but he said those very words to my dad when we played Birmingham at home.

I'm sure Mourinho told SBR that - think it was also in SBR's Mail on Sunday column!

Bobby did warn somebody, Mourinho phoned Bobby and told him so Bobby warned somebody at the club.

Just beat me to it!

Just beat me to it!

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sir-bobby-i-tried-to-warn-united-off-geremi-1-1285797

Sir Bobby: I tried to warn United off Geremi

SIR Bobby Robson says he tried to warn Newcastle United off signing Geremi.

Robson claims Jose Mourinho - then manager of Geremi's club Chelsea - told him the 29-year-old Cameroon international's best days were behind him last summer.

He says he informed his old club - only for Sam Allardyce to sign Geremi AND make him captain.

But after a disappointing start to his Newcastle career, Allardyce stripped Geremi of the captaincy last month and handed the armband to Alan Smith.

Sir Bobby, writing in his Mail on Sunday column, said: "Jose Mourinho told me last season that Geremi's legs had effectively gone.

"'Mister, he plays like a 40-year-old. He can not run any more. He will not play for me in important matches again,' was Jose's typically forthright response.

"Naturally, I was alarmed to read that Newcastle wanted to sign Geremi.

"I passed on my information to someone at the club (before Mike Ashley took over), but Geremi still ended up signing. In fact, Sam made him captain."

But after a disappointing start to his Newcastle career, Allardyce stripped Geremi of the captaincy last month and handed the armband to Alan Smith.

What a train wreck of a manager Allardyce was :lol: