fa cup semi finals

ChrisJbarnes

yeah that was my initial reaction. although, barnsley v cardiff may have more passion and may be better atmosphere, as well as a more exciting game because pompey play defensively. all in all a good day after securing a reading ticket as well!!

yeah that was my initial reaction. although, barnsley v cardiff may have more passion and may be better atmosphere, as well as a more exciting game because pompey play defensively. all in all a good day after securing a reading ticket as well!!

???

???

well, i guess what i mean is they have a good defence, but im going to this one anyway now. tell you what anoys me most though. my mate offered me this ticket on msn, and he doesnt have even the slightest interest in football! i said to him "cheers mate i owe you one, ill get the pints in at HT" he didnt know what HT meant! pisses me off that people with no interest, but know the right people get tickets whereas poor fans dont

Was thinking about nipping down there to one of the games to take in the new Wembley for the first time, Chrisj do you know what the craic is with tickets? I doubt it will sell out so you reckon it will be pay on the door?

Guest Brummiemag

Ive heard the kick off time for the WBA v Portsmouth semi is 12.10. What a pathetic time to hold such an important game. It sort of takes some of the fun out of what should be a great day out, no time to enjoy a few beers in London before the game etc.  Well done again to the FA for not considering the wishes of the travelling fans. 

Was thinking about nipping down there to one of the games to take in the new Wembley for the first time, Chrisj do you know what the craic is with tickets? I doubt it will sell out so you reckon it will be pay on the door?

sorry mate, think they are sold out. barnsleys were anyway. check cardiff pompey and west brom but probably the same as well. i think the fa forbids them going on GS because otherwise opposition fans purchase tickets in the other end, leading ot fights etc. if there are, chances are your not the only one wanting to go to wembley

All fans going will be equally passionate.

Portsmouth vs West Brom should be the best football.

I don't know what it is like for Barnsley in terms of wealth of fan base, but some fans of northern clubs in the play offs last season were priced out, so their clubs didn't take up their full allocation, so it might be possible that Barnsley don't sell out.

At Wembley for the neutral games last season, they sold tickets in blocks. When each block sold out new blocks become available. However, the FA only allow teams to be allocated a certain number more blocks than their opponent. If one club doesn't take up their 45,000 seats, neither does the opponent.

With that in mind, I think empty seats are more likely in Barnsley vs cardiff than West Brom vs Portsmouth, so however you define which game is better, the Portsmouth match is the best.

ElDiablo, Wembley has been 'sold out' before when there have been thousands of empty seats. Although its unlikely for a FA Cup Semi, if people contact the ticket offices to express an interest, additional seats can sometimes become available.

???

The vast majority of games at Fratton Park this season have had fewer than two goals.

???

The vast majority of games at Fratton Park this season have had fewer than two goals.

That was when they were doing the job away from home though wasn't it? Anyway, I just wouldn't class them as a defensive side, hence my surprise at the comment.

Yeah, they seem to have been doing better away from home this year, think they had something like 6 0-0s on the trot at home after the Reading game. Maybe not particularly defensive but they're quite a brutal team and not the best to watch in my experience this season.