Laurent Robert to Toronto FC

thewellander

Looking forward to seeing him play again. Even at the rate his career seems to have gone down the toilet, he should still shine up nicely in the toronto team.

Didnt think they played too badly last week, they were nigh on horrific last season though.

Guest Sniffer

Looking back, I wonder if he thinks he might have done things differently and shown a more professional attitude and comittment? Now that he's almost at rock bottom.

Guest JamesD

He's 32 and playing in a nice city for a good group of fans without the pressures of the european leagues. He may not be making as much cash, but depending on your outlook on life I imagine he could be quite happy.

Guest spitfire87

He's 32 and playing in a nice city for a good group of fans without the pressures of the european leagues. He may not be making as much cash, but depending on your outlook on life I imagine he could be quite happy.

Oh there'll be plenty of pressure to perform. TFC fans are the most rabid and involved fans in the league.

Also of note, Amado Guevera and Rohan Ricketts are set to join TFC as well.

Guest JamesD

Yeah, TFC fans are the best in that sense, but it seems like they're very supportive, compared to fans in Europe who tend to get on players backs a bit more. Either way, less pressure than Europe. Thats pretty sweet Guevara is set to join.  He must be pretty old now, but a few years ago for the Metrostars he was amazing. Scored some goals that were absolutely world class and was the best penalty taker around. He failed at Chivas, but if he has the motivation, its a good signing for TFC.

Guest Sniffer

Playing football in Canada at only 32 having been turfed out of more clubs than anybody can remember in recent years ( cue alex to list them ). That's about rock bottom.

Robert = Show pony always said it always will, great ability when it suited him but you just couldn't rely on him.

The amount of times his crosses hit the first defender or went for a goal kick or throw in was incredible, yes he could hit a good cross and some of his strikes for goal were great but overall he just wasn't a great footballer.

What an absolute load of shite

Robert = Show pony always said it always will, great ability when it suited him but you just couldn't rely on him.

The amount of times his crosses hit the first defender or went for a goal kick or throw in was incredible, yes he could hit a good cross and some of his strikes for goal were great but overall he just wasn't a great footballer.

What an absolute load of s****

indeed and if 'big al' had have spoken out against Souness like Robert did maybe the scottish cunt would have been sacked before he managed to ruin our club

too busy pretending to be a hard man and scoring goals (4 in the prem from open play that season)

Playing football in Canada at only 32 having been turfed out of more clubs than anybody can remember in recent years ( cue alex to list them ). That's about rock bottom.

Fuck it, sounds pretty rock n roll to me.

that would be playing for the mackems

Obsessed  :smug:

Are they sponsored by EMO?

:lol:

BMO, retardo. 

I'll be seeing the fruity french one on Saturday at the "Soccer Match" here.  Excited to see how shite he is and the piss poor "soccer" on display.  That's if the Alcohol blindness doesn't kick in by match time. 

There was a good bit in the Chronicle through the week. Talking about how's there's banter going on between Carver, Winsper & Robert against Dichio in the build up to the derby match, and how Gullit was bigging up Carver and vice versa after their 3-2 win over LA Galaxy.

Guest spitfire87

Free kick from just outside the box, Robert hit it hard and low, and it pretty much went through/under the wall (deflected slightly off one defender) and past the unsuspecting keeper.

A smart shot