Can we catch West Ham?

ChezGiven

A BBC headline suggests we are thinking about it (without any direct quotes exactly saying that).

Without posting any fixtures, its possible they will tail off without putting the effort in, lose a couple more and we go to their place with a chance of getting close to them for the last couple of games. Their last two games are quite tough.

???

A BBC headline suggests we are thinking about it (without any direct quotes exactly saying that).

Without posting any fixtures, its possible they will tail off without putting the effort in, lose a couple more and we go to their place with a chance of getting close to them for the last couple of games. Their last two games are quite tough.

???

It's 9 points, with 6 games to go, with 1 game at Upton Park. Depends on that match really.

KK said it was possible after the Spurs game. I think we'd need about 13 points which I can't really see us getting.

KK said it was possible after the Spurs game. I think we'd need about 13 points which I can't really see us getting.

The Chelsea fixture always seems to throw a surprise up.

The last two games might actually be our best chance. Chelsea might easily be out of the title running by then with a Champions League Final to prepare for, while Everton will possibly have 5th sewn up by then.

The Chelsea fixture always seems to throw a surprise up.

The last two games might actually be our best chance. Chelsea might easily be out of the title running by then with a Champions League Final to prepare for, while Everton will possibly have 5th sewn up by then.

Was thinking the same thing. It all depends on how the Hammers and Spurs fair in the next couple of games but if the results go the right way it could be on going into that match.

Fixture moderating nightmare this.

We've got even less to play for though.

We've played so badly for so long, I think the players are really enjoying their football again, so I don't think motivation will be a problem.

We've got to beat West Ham, and the only two other games I think we're a chance of winning are Reading and Sunderland.

Even if we win them 3, we'd need them to not pick up another point all year.

Spurs are a better bet, I think we can realistically catch them.

God, this board goes psycho a bit after we win, think we're world beaters now :p

I want to see how we play against reading before i make a judgement, 2 wins in a row isnt exactly a milestone... a definitive win against reading and i'll be sold.

Think I'm in the same camp, it was a brilliant win against Spurs but if we beat Reading who will be very organised, very committed and won't give us much time on the ball etc then I really do think we have turned a massive corner.

Nah, they'll easily get 5 more points by my reckoning, meaning we'll have to win 4 and draw 2 of our games. Too tough imo but if they fuck up their next 2 games and we beat them at Upton Park then I don't see them getting more than a point in their last 3 games.

I want to see how we play against reading before i make a judgement, 2 wins in a row isnt exactly a milestone... a definitive win against reading and i'll be sold.

Think I'm in the same camp, it was a brilliant win against Spurs but if we beat Reading who will be very organised, very committed and won't give us much time on the ball etc then I really do think we have turned a massive corner.

I think we've already turned the corner. The last three results haven't been flukes, we've played excellent football, passed well and defended intelligently. Don't think any team will relish playing us right now.

I think we've already turned the corner. The last three results haven't been flukes, we've played excellent football, passed well and defended intelligently. Don't think any team will relish playing us right now.

It's fair comment and I'm almost there, but to quell the negativity that has been built up in me since, well I think Souness time, a result against Reading really would start to be a run of form and consistent level of performances and results which to the outside media etc couldn't be dismissed as a 'couple of flukes'.

Not impossible.

By the time we play Chelsea and Everton they may well have nothing to play for. West Ham have been poor, and dont have anything to play for. Home matches against Reading and Scum we could win.

Pompey away is the hardest one, as they are still fighting for a Euro spot.

We've got even less to play for though.

True, but they'll have already hit their goals and be more relaxed, whereas we'll be looking to go all out to finish as high as possible.

Unless Chelsea are in the running for the league and Everton have something to play for (4th/5th) that is. It would be great if we could manage it though and would be a vindication of getting Keegan in which would shut up some of the miserable twats (not a dig at everyone who doubted the KK appointment btw).

It's highly unlikely, but we'll give it a good go, I've no doubt about that. Finishing the season on that much of a run would certainly give the place a bit of a buzz and make us much more attractive to potential signings. On another note, I'd absolutely jizz it if we finished above Spurs.

Guest toonlass

I don't really care about catching Wet Spam, am just happy that we are playing decent attacking football again.