I reckon we're going to take off again...

Guest Knightrider

There's one thing for sure, I'll give him much more time than I gave Souness, Roeder or Allardyce. Even if we'd gone down (even if we do) then he's the man to trust to sort things out.

I think that even if some fans don't think he's the right man, they're a lot more willing to wait a lot longer to find out.

Guest Knightrider

There's one thing for sure, I'll give him much more time than I gave Souness, Roeder or Allardyce. Even if we'd gone down (even if we do) then he's the man to trust to sort things out.

I think that even if some fans don't think he's the right man, they're a lot more willing to wait a lot longer to find out.

And that at Newcastle is a huge huge plus point and something KK himself will be looking to build on. He will want what he has with the fans to transfer over to the players so they can have some of what he has with the fans, a relationship, a strong bond, adulation and respect. I've certainly missed that kind of bond with the players over the years. I don't respect, like or even rate a good number of them and I imagine that's the case with many fans, in fact I know it is. That doesn't half effect the atmsophere and general feeling around the club. Change all that and we can be a force, players, manager and fans together united.

And on that note, KK has forced me to relike a number of our players, to change my attitude about some of their characters, with the work he's doing with them. I'm starting to respect one or two a tad more than I did a few weeks back and that means I can enjoy our players and the team and not just the points which is all-important in my opinion. If you don't like your players or respect them it's very tough to get right behind them. Getting behind the badge goes without saying, but the players have to earn it and they haven't been doing that until recently. Long may it continue.

Football's a strange sport in that there are so many other factors outside of the ability of the players your club employs, that effect the performance of the team.

As a manager you have to build up the confidence of your team. You have give them an environment they can thrieve in. You have to build a team spirit and you have to make sure they are given every opportunity to contribute to the overall goal.

The manager also has to ensure that the fans feel you can bring them the success they desire. That they retain a level of trust in you.

Keegan does all these things so well and it's why he's been successful before and why he'll hopefully be successful again.

One thing that I am pleased about is that I know our players now won't shirk to receive the ball. They will make sure that they want it and won't hide, as KK just won't allow it.

Again, for those saying "it's only 2 games" etc., this isn't about the performances or points haul recently, although very welcome they have been, nor is it about this team which is shite in my opinion, no it's more about Kevin Keegan and the club under him and Ashley (& Mort) that I have faith in, which means I have faith in the club per se as they are the club along with us lot. I just don't see a piss poor future with KK here, he's too positive, too influential, too good. Especially if Ashley backs him with good cold hard cash and lots of it. I'm also full of positivity from the fact that fans will get right behind KK and seem to trust him (too fucking rights as well). Despite a good portion being happy with Big Sam's appointment, fans never got behind him. When he was appointed it was a case of "he's OK, now lets see what he can do", with KK it's different, we know what he can do, he doesn't have to convince us and we love him so we will simply get right behind him and together that can be a force as it once was.

I guess it all boils down to my confidence in KK and how much I trust him that makes me feel this way and it's fucking great people, just being able to not worry about all the little details, to be able to sit back and relax and soak it all in while the man running things works his magic which I know he'll do, it was always a case of when and not if or even how. It's took a few games to work a bit of it of course but never in a million years would I have put that team with those players down as 4-1 winners away to Spurs in the manner in which we did which makes a mockery of our season, those players' performances for the majority of it and our league position in the table.

Again he's too good a Toon manager to not do well here, I don't know but I really do think we are made for each other, that it is KK or no-one (until another KK comes along) and before people write about talking sentimental bollocks or living in the past, Liverpool are still searching for another Shankley or Paisley, Spurs another Nicholson, Everton another Kendal, and Man Utd will be searching for another Fergie one day, Arsenal another Wenger too. NUFC needs a KK and KK needs a NUFC to be successful. Well he's back and I will nail my colors to the mast here and now and say he will do very well here once again.

See Tron's post about doing well...

For me we'll take off again and get back to the levels we were at under Sir Bobby with only KK's imagination and the 100% backing and support of everyone at the club for KK an obstacle to just how much we can really achieve.

Won't happen over night of course, but it will.

If it doesn't it won't be for a want of trying because KK will want to take us back to where he did first time around and will want to eclipse it even make no mistakes about that and I don't know about you but that's a very exciting prospect. KK is no ordinary bloke, read his autobiography, he's an overachiever and does things in a remarkable way, as we all should know.

Anyway I am going to believe, in KK and this club and if that turns out to be folly, more fool me.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Superb post

Guest Toepoke

My feelings exactly mate even the during that dreadful run of games I still didn't even think about calling for Kevin's head, He's not the man to have us up there with Man Utd etc but he'll take us alot closer. And tal of actually winning a cup, well that would be the most amazing thing ever hopefully that day will come about soon.

If we do "take off" though it will be because of quality signings this forthcoming summer, we need high quality players through the spine of the team in CB and CM then we'll set about those scouser bastards and take 4th place back.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Again, for those saying "it's only 2 games" etc., this isn't about the performances or points haul recently, although very welcome they have been, nor is it about this team which is shite in my opinion, no it's more about Kevin Keegan and the club under him and Ashley (& Mort) that I have faith in, which means I have faith in the club per se as they are the club along with us lot. I just don't see a piss poor future with KK here, he's too positive, too influential, too good. Especially if Ashley backs him with good cold hard cash and lots of it. I'm also full of positivity from the fact that fans will get right behind KK and seem to trust him (too fucking rights as well). Despite a good portion being happy with Big Sam's appointment, fans never got behind him. When he was appointed it was a case of "he's OK, now lets see what he can do", with KK it's different, we know what he can do, he doesn't have to convince us and we love him so we will simply get right behind him and together that can be a force as it once was.

I guess it all boils down to my confidence in KK and how much I trust him that makes me feel this way and it's fucking great people, just being able to not worry about all the little details, to be able to sit back and relax and soak it all in while the man running things works his magic which I know he'll do, it was always a case of when and not if or even how. It's took a few games to work a bit of it of course but never in a million years would I have put that team with those players down as 4-1 winners away to Spurs in the manner in which we did which makes a mockery of our season, those players' performances for the majority of it and our league position in the table.

Again he's too good a Toon manager to not do well here, I don't know but I really do think we are made for each other, that it is KK or no-one (until another KK comes along) and before people write about talking sentimental bollocks or living in the past, Liverpool are still searching for another Shankley or Paisley, Spurs another Nicholson, Everton another Kendal, and Man Utd will be searching for another Fergie one day, Arsenal another Wenger too. NUFC needs a KK and KK needs a NUFC to be successful. Well he's back and I will nail my colors to the mast here and now and say he will do very well here once again.

See Tron's post about doing well...

For me we'll take off again and get back to the levels we were at under Sir Bobby with only KK's imagination and the 100% backing and support of everyone at the club for KK an obstacle to just how much we can really achieve.

Won't happen over night of course, but it will.

If it doesn't it won't be for a want of trying because KK will want to take us back to where he did first time around and will want to eclipse it even make no mistakes about that and I don't know about you but that's a very exciting prospect. KK is no ordinary bloke, read his autobiography, he's an overachiever and does things in a remarkable way, as we all should know.

Anyway I am going to believe, in KK and this club and if that turns out to be folly, more fool me.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Superb post

Terrible grammar; reads like the babblings of a retarded monkey. 3/10.

I won't speak for others but I have and always will be confident and hopeful where NUFC is concerned under the stewardship of one Kevin Keegan who I trust and have absolute (blind even) faith in, 100%. Providing he gets the right backing, support and is allowed to run things as he sees fit. Again, if so, I reckon we'll have our time. 3rd time lucky...

pretty much correct.

These things aren't automatic though, much as we would like them to be.

Without backing, he's got no chance.

Serious backing.

ManU have spent a fortune on their team, especially their forwards. You don't see their supporters turning their noses up at chequebook management or bringing in these ready made trophy players.

If anything, it only provides positive proof that this is how to do it. We keep saying NUFC are a big club, one of the biggest. Well, they have to act like one of the biggest clubs or such talk is meaningless and in the end anything else will only produce an equally meaningless team.

Keegan will do the trick if he is backed. I'm more sure than I ever was.

I won't speak for others but I have and always will be confident and hopeful where NUFC is concerned under the stewardship of one Kevin Keegan who I trust and have absolute (blind even) faith in, 100%. Providing he gets the right backing, support and is allowed to run things as he sees fit. Again, if so, I reckon we'll have our time. 3rd time lucky...

pretty much correct.

Serious backing.

ManU have spent a fortune on their team, especially their forwards. You don't see their supporters turning their noses up at chequebook management or bringing in these ready made trophy players.

If anything, it only provides positive proof that this is how to do it. We keep saying NUFC are a big club, one of the biggest. Well, they have to act like one of the biggest clubs or such talk is meaningless and in the end anything else will only produce an equally meaningless team.

Do you think Keegan will get backed this summer?

pretty much correct.

Serious backing.

depends on your standards, and what you call backing

What would you be happy with? If he's allowed to spend the money on whoever he wants how much do you think will be necessary? I can see him going for about 4 first teamers and a couple of squad players, probably spending somewhere in the region of £50m.

pretty much correct.

Serious backing.

depends on your standards, and what you call backing

Do you think he'll be adequatley backed then? I dont want to get into any pro Ash anti Shep debate, just interested to see if you;ve seenanything to suggest that Keegan will be backed and allowed to do his job without hinderence?

I think everyone would be and should be incredibly pissed off if Keegan doesn't get backed this summer, in fairness.

I do expect him to get a decent wedge, in all honesty, he should be backed to the moon though if Ashley is serious about turning us into a top team.

I have faith though, why would a bloke buy a football club and watch every game from the stands if he didn't want to "support" a quality side?

I think everyone would be and should be incredibly pissed off if Keegan doesn't get backed this summer, in fairness.

I do expect him to get a decent wedge, in all honesty, he should be backed to the moon though if Ashley is serious about turning us into a top team.

I have faith though, why would a bloke buy a football club and watch every game from the stands if he didn't want to "support" a quality side?

Id be spitting blood if he didnt get backed this summer. I think he'll get backed massively to be honest, during the manager search i alwyays got the impression that Ashley was looking not necessary the very best man for te job, but te very best man to spend his money and get the ideal outcome, hence why he courted Redknapp.

He wants cavalier football Keegan does Ccavalier football, it wouldbe crazy not to back him, especially after doing one over his mates club, i just think this is a game for him, one that he;s desperate not to lose.

What would you be happy with? If he's allowed to spend the money on whoever he wants how much do you think will be necessary? I can see him going for about 4 first teamers and a couple of squad players, probably spending somewhere in the region of £50m.

I just want to see the club punch their weight. Do you want to rival the likes of Liverpool, surpass them, or not ?

If you do [not you personally], then look at how they do it, and don't scorn people for attempting it [and getting closer than most].

You have to be prepared to pay top dollar, like they do, and do it, and show everybody you intend to aim for the top.

I find comments like "last summer was good business" disturbing. I've heard this sort of crap before, for years, to kid people into thinking we had a progressive club. It only led to the edge of bankruptcy, an empty stadium, the loss of 3 locally born England players, the edge of the 3rd division. If the club was ever going to go to the wall, that would have been it. Unbelievable that people who say they witnessed these years think it was run by people "the same as" the people who saved it and restored it.

I would expect that when Keegan brings in one or two quality footballers, they won't be "trophy players" any more. As I do share the hope that he's been promised ambition. If they go back on their word, or let him down, he'll be gone. And I for one would be gutted and wouldn't blame him for it at all.

You could say "it's only two games" but that's a shallow way of looking at it. I think even some of us who were here last time Keegan was in charge had forgotten how good he is. Owen's deeper role has been a fantastic success reminding me of Steve Howey being converted from a striker to a centre half who was then picked for England by 'master tactician' Terry Venables. Switching to 4-3-3 has suddenly transformed a midfield which resembled a clapped out banger into a rolls royce. All of this under the relentless barrage of scorn and criticism from a relentless media. Keegan hasn't allowed the spirit to be dampened and the players are now starting to reflect their manager which all teams do in the end. I think Keegan's quote after the game says it all:

When they (the players) came in, I didn't speak for the first two minutes, cause they were doing it for me, "Come on, we're better than them, we can win this, we're a different class".

Guest BigAl2

Keegan has and will get us playing better football, how far we can go under his leadership depends on the backing he gets in this summers transfer window.

Lets not kid ourselves we need more than a couple of signings to take us to the next level, infact with the players that will be moving on in the summer we probably need 8 to 12 new faces in the summer to improve and strengthen the squad.

I am very much behind Keegan you know you can trust him and he will do everything in his power to get it right.

I don't think he'll make anywhere near that many changes for a number of very good reasons:

He's already gone on record as saying, he only needs 2 or 3 more first teamers and some squad filling.

He would loose the players confidence after talking them up only to make wholesale changes in the summer. They'll not be able to trust a word he says again.

IMO he genuinely believes what he says about the team being not that far off.

The only thing I can see changing this is if his hand is forced by players wanting out and I don't think too many will want to jump ship in the summer.

My prediction as I said in another thread is 3 to 4 players capable of fighting for a first team spot will be brought in, with some potential stars being brought in to fatten the squad a little.

I have every faith in Keegan, it's just the board that I am concerned about all will be revealed in the summer.

Players that are likely to leave in the summer are:

Rozenhal

Carr

Ameobi

Emre

Cacapa

N'Zogbia

Which leaves a very small squad even smaller, so I think its reasonable to expect to replace half a dozen squad players with 8 or more signings to strengthen an already small squad.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I think some of you are going a bit overboard tbh. I personally, as well as most other fans in the premiership don't think your first team is that bad and your squad most definantly doesn't need a complete overhaul. Just a few additions next season, a bit of luck and you should at least be in the top half next season and maybe challenging for a european place.

The performances have been a lot better, and the players have more confidence, but at the end of the day, what's the reaction going to be if we lose to Reading this weekend?

Fact of the matter is, Keegan has only picked up the same amount of points in his first 10 games, as Allardyce did in his last 10.

It's all well and good saying 'yeah but the footballs better', but ultimately it's results that count.

The performances have been a lot better, and the players have more confidence, but at the end of the day, what's the reaction going to be if we lose to Reading this weekend?

Fact of the matter is, Keegan has only picked up the same amount of points in his first 10 games, as Allardyce did in his last 10.

It's all well and good saying 'yeah but the footballs better', but ultimately it's results that count.

Better performances will lead to better results though. It's pretty simple.

but thats incredibly blinkered, he's had to do it with very limited resources, he had to turn an awful team into a decent team, and he has, maybe more. all people are saying is that if kev's given ample resources, we'll do much, much better than we have under souness, roeder or allardyce. is that hard to understand? or do you just disagree?

and to answer your first question, i dont actually think the reaction will be TOO bad if we lose, even though i slag the booing cunts to high heaven, because i think people will recognise that we've turned a corner in the last few weeks

I think some of you are going a bit overboard tbh. I personally, as well as most other fans in the premiership don't think your first team is that bad and your squad most definantly doesn't need a complete overhaul. Just a few additions next season, a bit of luck and you should at least be in the top half next season and maybe challenging for a european place.

Agree with this, theres not really much else to say except Keegan eem to be proving that there is a goodsquad o players there, it shows (to me anyway) that there didnt need to be a massive overhaul like a lot of people are saying and that we areactually a good side hat has been directionless.

The summer is gonna be absolutley critical for me, i dont intend to compapre Keegan wih Roeder but we achieved a good level of success immediately after Roeder took charge which i attibute now to the honeymoon period where the players were relived to be playing under any manager but Souness.

The point i am trying to make is that, in the summer the squad didnt take to Roeders methods, and despite this good run we seem to be goin on, im still wary of the team not taking to Keegans methods as well. There is absolutley no guaratuee of this happening.