Charlie Nicholas

Dave

Before the Fulham game he assured me (as a Soccer Saturday viewer) that three strikers in the same NUFC team would definitely not work. They would get in each others way, and it would end up a disaster.

Newcastle United 2 - 0 Fulham. Scorers: Mark Viduka, Michael Owen.

On the Saturday before the Spurs game he assured me (as a Soccer Saturday viewer) that three strikers in the same NUFC team would definitely not work. They would get in each others way, and it would end up a disaster.

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle United. Scorers: Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins.

Yesterday I missed Soccer Saturday due to travelling up to see the game. Did anyone get to see his comments? Because:

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading. Scorers: Obafemi Martins, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka.

Fuck off you daft cunt. Thanks. :thup:

Guest Phil K

Charlie Nicholas is a waste of a good studio chair.

I don't like Phil Thompson's bias for Liverpool, but he's knowledgeable to an extent.

He's by a large margin the most knowledgeable, considering the likes of the rest.

Which isn't saying much. Jeff Stelling has to pull their nuts out of the fire frequently.

He wasn't on.

Obviously given the boot for spouting s**** with his daft hair.

Talking hair ? Throwing his voice, was he ?  ;D

I don't like Phil Thompson's bias for Liverpool, but he's knowledgeable to an extent.

He's by a large margin the most knowledgeable, considering the likes of the rest.

Which isn't saying much. Jeff Stelling has to pull their nuts out of the fire frequently.

Charlie Nicholas is the best pundit that show has on by a good distance.

Guest Phil K

Stop sniggering when you say that.....

I agree.

Stop sniggering when you say that.....

It's not difficult to be the best on there like

Thompson, Le Tissier, Merson and Walsh are all grade A cunts.

Walsh on Newcastle yesterday....

"I think they've overcome that and are starting to enjoy their football a little bit. Even Habib Beye is starting to look like a bit of a player."

:rolleyes:

Beye's been our best player all year you tit.

I am no fan of Phil Thompson either but at least he has been in the managers position (albeit as a stop gap when Houllier was unwell). At least  he has been there at the sharp end so knows what its about.

The rest of them, especially the prize knobheads on MOTD like Hansen and Lawrenson who sit an criticise like Trinny and Suzanna, are full of shit generally. I dont mind Le Tissier so much these days but on the whole I would prefer ex Managers on there

I am no fan of Phil Thompson either but at least he has been in the managers position (albeit as a stop gap when Houllier was unwell). At least  he has been there at the sharp end so knows what its about.

The rest of them, especially the prize knobheads on MOTD like Hansen and Lawrenson who sit an criticise like Trinny and Suzanna, are full of shit generally. I dont mind Le Tissier so much these days but on the whole I would prefer ex Managers on there

How's a failed manager a better pundit than one that's not tried like?

You can only laugh when Peter Reid, Graeme Souness et al spout on like they've got a clue.

Guest king harry

The worse by far is Merson.

If he knew half as much a she likes to think he wouldnt of lost all that money gambling.

How's a failed manager a better pundit than one that's not tried like?

You can only laugh when Peter Reid, Graeme Souness et al spout on like they've got a clue.

Not sure how to explain it really. I can just take shit coming from thre mouth of an ex-manager better than I can from an ex-player.

Hate is a strong word.... but i fucking hate him! As a follower of Rangers as well, he really sits smuggly when if Rangers aren't winning. So bias to Celtic. Still, he can't be very happy at the minute!  :celb:

No-one ever did my head in as much as Ron Atkinson co-commenting on games. Everyone mentioned talks garbage from time to time but he did it almost constantly.

Except David Pleat!  :lol: imagine the pair of them commentating on the same game! Hell!

I agree.

Me too, I think he's pretty good. Everyone gets stuff wrong, but he doesn't seem to as much as the others. Doesn't strike me as being as arrogant as the likes of Thommo either.

Guest Toepoke

I think he's a good pundit come's away with some absolute stonkers when he's punditing, if thats a word.

Guest marky555

He also stated , "Just because Newcastle have got a result against Fulham it by no way means they are going to go on a little run of winning, Fulham are a poor team, away at Spurs is a different matter, this isnt the turning point for Keegan"

Spot on there Charlie. Don't really mind him to be fair but he was wrong there.

His earring is fucking shit though

Guest marky555

The worse by far is Merson.

Especially when he uses that stupid rhyming slang.

"He's hit that on the beans on toast!"

Personally I think thats an absolute roar! Half the reason is coz he's probly still mortal off the booze he had with his cornflakes, which again, is a roar.

:rant:

Guest zeta87

Did Shearer ever analyze Newcastle's match on MOTD? i havent seen him doing it but would be interesting to hear what he says..