Oba - will he stay or will he go?

Guest guinness_fiend

I'm trying to think of a player in the past who i'd be more gutted about leaving the club, than if Oba were to leave. Possibly Nobby, but he was getting on as a player anyhow. Probably Gary Speed, though there's not much of a comparison.

Really would be a farce if the guy were to go. He's a gem.

I'm trying to think of a player in the past who i'd be more gutted about leaving the club, than if Oba were to leave. Possibly Nobby, but he was getting on as a player anyhow. Probably Gary Speed, though there's not much of a comparison.

Dabizas, O'Brien, Aaron Hughes, Sibierski. Genuinely disappointed to go, and not just because they never have a chance of playing at as big a club again.

Dabizas, O'Brien, Aaron Hughes, Sibierski. Genuinely disappointed to go, and not just because they never have a chance of playing at as big a club again.

I meant from my point of view. I'd be gutted if Martins were to leave. Similarly to how i was gutted when Nobby and Speed left. :D

Guest Sniffer

Depends who we got as a replacement.

Keegan has done it before with a much bigger player than martins in Andy Cole when he wanted to go in another direction.

I meant from my point of view. I'd be gutted if Martins were to leave. Similarly to how i was gutted when Nobby and Speed left. :D

Oh, right. :lol: Past my bedtime.

We're worse than the NOTW - Martins says how happy he is here and that's immediately translated as he will be leaving anytime soon.

I hope he stays till he's 40 like.

Couple of years to go then.

Depends who we got as a replacement.

Keegan has done it before with a much bigger player than martins in Andy Cole when he wanted to go in another direction.

A VERY good point - applies to N'Zogbia as well..

Guest guinness_fiend

We're worse than the NOTW - Martins says how happy he is here and that's immediately translated as he will be leaving anytime soon.

Nobody has said that he will be off.  Re-read the thread. 

I sincerely hope he stays.  Hopefully, he will not be tempted by his agent whispering in his ear over the summer.

Couple of years to go then.

Was the issue of Martins' age ever resolved?! :D