Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would cost a lot of money. Unless we wait 5 years for all the brand new Gazza's and Beardsley's to emerge, which is a cast iron guarantee because Chris Mort or somebody says so.

Obsessed.

very concerned when I hear clueless comments coming out of the club is how I see it

Not trawling through all of this, but when did Mort say that bit in bold?

didn't he say last November that any new players in January would be for the future ?

Either they think they will be the best [on the cheap] or they don't have the savvy to realise that it is now that counts, especially considering the position we were in and the way we were playing. Of course, if they dont' intend to challenge for the top spots, other than doing it on the cheap, then you have your answer, which is not what you want to hear. It won't work. 

Oh so he didn't say that. Cheers for clearing that up

I don't have the direct quote and I'm not going to look for it. Ask yourself a question. If you don't think a player will be a top class player, why bother bringing him to the club, unless you don't set your sights that high ?

Put it together with the current position of the first team and it isn't rocket science. A;though it appears that it is to some people.

He still didn't say the bit in bold ;)

nice to see you are happy that the club was struggling, and the chairman indicated he was happy to sign any old crappy 17 year old kids

Equally I didn't say the second bit in bold either :)

Nice to see you've given any of the 17 year old kids a chance as well

the 17 year old kids are completely irrelevant to the current necessity of the first team. If this was the way to success, ManU and Chelsea wouldn't be spending the money they do.

Like I said, its not rocket science

You mentioned them ;)

Would cost a lot of money. Unless we wait 5 years for all the brand new Gazza's and Beardsley's to emerge, which is a cast iron guarantee because Chris Mort or somebody says so.

Obsessed.

very concerned when I hear clueless comments coming out of the club is how I see it

didn't he say last November that any new players in January would be for the future ?

Either they think they will be the best [on the cheap] or they don't have the savvy to realise that it is now that counts, especially considering the position we were in and the way we were playing. Of course, if they dont' intend to challenge for the top spots, other than doing it on the cheap, then you have your answer, which is not what you want to hear. It won't work. 

I don't have the direct quote and I'm not going to look for it. Ask yourself a question. If you don't think a player will be a top class player, why bother bringing him to the club, unless you don't set your sights that high ?

Put it together with the current position of the first team and it isn't rocket science. A;though it appears that it is to some people.

nice to see you are happy that the club was struggling, and the chairman indicated he was happy to sign any old crappy 17 year old kids

the 17 year old kids are completely irrelevant to the current necessity of the first team. If this was the way to success, ManU and Chelsea wouldn't be spending the money they do.

You mentioned them ;)

wrong. The chairman said its all we would be buying.

Obsessed.

You mentioned them ;)

Mort hasn't posted in this thread as far as I'm aware ;)

Oh and to answer what we're supposed to be talking about, Taylor :)

Obsessed.

You mentioned them ;)

of course. The results so far clearly indicate that Taylor > Senderos

Obsessed.

You mentioned them ;)

& with that I also officially give up with you.

Obsessed.

You mentioned them ;)

& with that I also officially give up with you.

144 votes against 61

Hands up who can't wait to see NE5 squirm when we spend a load of money in the summer.

\o/

mackems.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :sleepy2: :thefinger:

It'll be on the wrong players ;)

Or that we are all salivating over these "trophy" players that Shepherd got lambasted for signing. ;)

Hands up who can't wait to see NE5 squirm when we spend a load of money in the summer.

\o/

I hope we do. And I bet that if we do it is - belatedly - spent primarily on forward and attacking players

At least we are staying up and those 17 year old kids haven't had to dig us out of the shit

\o/

Or that we are all salivating over these "trophy" players that Shepherd got lambasted for signing. ;)

that will be much nearer to the point

I bet they won't be trophy players anymore

bluelaugh.gif

Guest Chubby Jason

Senderos stuggles against top strikers like Drogba and Torres, whereas Taylor is awful against almost anyone.

Senderos for me.

\o/

bluelaugh.gif

As long as they're beneficial for the team, I'm sure we're both in agreement mate it doesn't really matter.  :thup:

\o/

bluelaugh.gif

I bet they will be

bluelaugh.gif

\o/

bluelaugh.gif

As long as they're beneficial for the team, I'm sure we're both in agreement mate it doesn't really matter.  :thup:

oh aye, I can't wait to match those champions league qualifications either courtesy of the trophy players  bluelaugh.gif

\o/

bluelaugh.gif

oh aye, I can't wait to match those champions league qualifications either courtesy of the trophy players  bluelaugh.gif

Eh?

\o/

bluelaugh.gif

Eh?

Come on Tooj, you must have seen that post before :lol:

\o/

bluelaugh.gif

Eh?

not you mate

Guest Chubby Jason

Senderos stuggles against top strikers like Drogba and Torres, whereas Taylor is awful against almost anyone.

Senderos for me.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Why thankyou.      :)

Arsenal: Gallas, Toure

A.Villa: Mellberg, Laursen

B.Ham: Taylor, Ridgewell

B.Burn: Samba, Nelsen

Bolton: O'Brien, Cahill

Chelsea: Carvalho, Terry

Derby: Stubbs, Todd

Everton: Yobo Lescott

Fulham: Bocanegra Hughes

Liverpool: Agger, Carragher

Man City: Dunne, Richards,

Man Utd: Ferdinand, Vidic

Boro: Wheater, Huth

Portsmouth: Campbell, Distin

Reading: Sonko, Bikey

Sunderland: Nosworthy, Evans

Tottenham: King, Woodgate

W.Ham: Ferdinand, Upson

Wigan: Scharner, Bramble

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

About the same amount as Faye.

The thing about Faye is he is at least a big strong physical b******, so he could handle the tougher centre forwards. Taylor quite often gets out-muscled, is average in the air, and his anticipation is s**** as was witnessed during his 360 degree turn when Ronaldo ran right past him in a straight line.

He can do a job in the same way Aaron Hughes used to, that's about it.

Faye is not  a world beater, nor is Taylor but they are our best centre half's. I am sure Faye has made errors over the season & maybe the odd one against Man Utd (H) game. All of our defenders have been shit in general over the course of the season, you dont concede that many if everyone was world class would you.

How can you know they are our best centre halfs? We kept a clean sheet against Reading without Taylor last week, who's to say Edgar won't be ahead of Taylor by the time this season finishes never mind next?