Favourite non-NUFC current player

Mowen

I like watching Carrick weirdly, lovely passer of the ball.

Berbatov, even though he plays for Spurs.

Anyone with genuine pace and ability running at players is exciting, Walcott, Ronaldo etc.

Quite like watching Giggs the last couple of years, used to hate him but how he keeps going at the level he has is amazing.

Just to be different.  Fabrigas

Never heard of him TBH :rolleyes:

I meant in the context of this tread.  I would have thought that was fucking obvious.

At this moment in time I'd probably go for Fernando Torres. I don't really watch enough foreign football to pick someone like Messi, and I just love watching Torres play, he makes Liverpool watchable for me. He really seems to have it all; skill, pace, power, finishing ability and not too bad in the air either. To top it off he seems to have a decent attitude in my experience of watching him, in that he doesn't seem to dive / cheat / get in the refs face / generally make my blood boil like some brilliant players do (see C. Ronaldo)

Fernando Torres for the reasons above.

Regards,

Ericz

If I could pay money to watch any player on this planet, it would have to be Messi. He plays the game like a child, everything is so natural, he lures you in, you think you've got a chance to get the ball and he just nicks it away from you. There's nothing practiced about his style of play, he doesn't pre-empt you with several stepovers or flicks. He just plays the game so naturally.

Ronaldo as well, seeing as he's quite easily the best player I've ever seen in my lifetime. Just a shame he's injured.

Guest The Libertine

Van Nistelrooy. 300 goals in 458 games with another 30 in 59 for holland.

forget henry, this is the boy we should be going for.

Guest assyriantoon

c.ronaldo lol, one goal every eight chance average. Probably the most selfish player on the face of this Earth. He plays for a great team that hands him so many chances in a game that he has to score at least one. Vastly overated. Oh but his fantastic dribbling skills though! He does sometimes run up to a player. do ten step overs, then turn back around. Talk about beating your man...

Favourite non-nufc current player: Used to be Ronaldo but hes injured now. I think probably messi right now.

c.ronaldo lol, one goal every eight chance average. Probably the most selfish player on the face of this Earth. He plays for a great team that hands him so many chances in a game that he has to score at least one. Vastly overated. Oh but his fantastic dribbling skills though! He does sometimes run up to a player. do ten step overs, then turn back around. Talk about beating your man...

mackems.gif

Got to be Ronaldo like. Different gravy that kid at the minute.

Never understood that term but Ronaldo is the only player in the world I would switch the telly on to watch at the moment. Always liked watching Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira play in their prime too.

Favourite non-nufc current player: Used to be Ronaldo but hes injured now. I think probably messi right now.

So he's had about 300 goalscoring opportunities this season then? That must be a record.

Guest float one in

Riquelme, Messi and Rui Costa. The last one is getting on a bit now, but saw him play before Christmas and he's still got the class on the ball.

Ronaldo must be the best but he's not my favourite. Could think of loads I'd rather watch than him.

It sounds like you're describing him when he first joined Man Utd,

c.ronaldo lol, one goal every eight chance average. Probably the most selfish player ....

It sounds like you're describing him when he first joined Man Utd,

Does sound like a comment from 2003. He is a finished article now. Has a lot of class.

Annoying thing is, as soon he's out of the English league limelight this summer during the Euro he's going to be diving around like a madman with his buddies. He still does it quite a bit here but has cut down somewhat. That dive against Derby just sums him up really (as I think someone already mentioned).