Wenger Takes A Hammering

Tooj

I think RvP could have been topscorer if he wasnt so unlucky with injuries yes.

I agree too. It's just a shame he has had such a nightmare.

The midfield is the problem for me, as highlighted already, especially the wings where natural width and ability is lacking. Quaresma or someone of that type of player would do wonders for Arsenal.

Definately, and i am 95% sure we will see a new winger brought to the club in the summer of a high calibre

Fingers crossed. The faster Eboue fucks off the better.

I'll apologise in advance if we sell him to you :lol:

I agree too. It's just a shame he has had such a nightmare.

The midfield is the problem for me, as highlighted already, especially the wings where natural width and ability is lacking. Quaresma or someone of that type of player would do wonders for Arsenal.

Definately, and i am 95% sure we will see a new winger brought to the club in the summer of a high calibre

Fingers crossed. The faster Eboue fucks off the better.

I'll apologise in advance if we sell him to you :lol:

He is off to Villa. They need a rightback.

He is good at rightback, just utter shite going forward.

Top scorer in the Premiership, or just for Arsenal?

Bump ;)

Without Ronaldo it is possible yes. Quality free kick taker, good in and around the box. It feels like he has been playing with injuries all season, still got 8 in 18, some games at left wing. Hardly shit going.

Bump ;)

Without Ronaldo it is possible yes. Quality free kick taker, good in and around the box. It feels like he has been playing with injuries all season, still got 8 in 18, some games at left wing. Hardly shit going.

Yeah, I guess if you take a few of the other players away, he might be.

Same could be said of Owen, or Martins. Bit daft really.

Why are none of your players good enough in the prem?

Good enough to what? Win it? We don't have enough match-winners to grab us points we don't deserve.

Looks like you've out spent everyone except Chelsea so i'm not sure who these other teams (apart from Chelsea) whose squads are worth twice yours. Sounds like bollox tbh.

Rafa's done very very well in Yurope, yet to look remotely like title challengers though.

The Liverpool figures are way off, and include £16m or more of Houllier's spending. 8 or 9 of Fergie's squad pre-date Rafa's arrival at Anfield, 5 of ours do. Fergie's been able to pay a higher average price to get the players he wants.

The prices are relative and mean nothing. Liverpool have some of the best or if not as good players in the top 4.

Liv have struggled scoring in some away games cause the Benny system is too conservative (all the arm waving aside).

I agree that Benitez is too conservative in the league. We do have some of the best players in the top 4, too, but our attacking players are well below the standard of Chelsea's, Arsenal's and Man Utd's. Obviously, Torres is the dog's bollocks (22 league goals), and Gerrard is very handy (11), but our other strikers and wingers have only scored 3 or 4 league goals each, which is shite. Kuyt in particular, has scored 3 in 30 games.

Of course, you can pin that on Benitez, too, for buying second-rate wingers and strikers so he could feed his fetish for central midfielders.

Bump ;)

Without Ronaldo it is possible yes. Quality free kick taker, good in and around the box. It feels like he has been playing with injuries all season, still got 8 in 18, some games at left wing. Hardly s*** going.

Not really.

No one will touch ronaldo now, he is a class above. 28 goals, from the wing. Mental.

Owen has never scored 20 premiership goals, Oba would do well to hit 15.

RVP is better than both of these IMO, just had terrible luck with injuries.

Good enough to what? Win it? We don't have enough match-winners to grab us points we don't deserve.

Looks like you've out spent everyone except Chelsea so i'm not sure who these other teams (apart from Chelsea) whose squads are worth twice yours. Sounds like bollox tbh.

Rafa's done very very well in Yurope, yet to look remotely like title challengers though.

The Liverpool figures are way off, and include £16m or more of Houllier's spending. 8 or 9 of Fergie's squad pre-date Rafa's arrival at Anfield, 5 of ours do. Fergie's been able to pay a higher average price to get the players he wants.

The prices are relative and mean nothing. Liverpool have some of the best or if not as good players in the top 4.

Liv have struggled scoring in some away games cause the Benny system is too conservative (all the arm waving aside).

I agree that Benitez is too conservative in the league. We do have some of the best players in the top 4, too, but our attacking players are well below the standard of Chelsea's, Arsenal's and Man Utd's. Obviously, Torres is the dog's bollocks (22 league goals), and Gerrard is very handy (11), but our other strikers and wingers have only scored 3 or 4 league goals each, which is shite. Kuyt in particular, has scored 3 in 30 games.

Of course, you can pin that on Benitez, too, for buying second-rate wingers and strikers so he could feed his fetish for central midfielders.

So forgetting the attacking players, who aren't up to it, who exactly are "some of the best players in the top 4"? Who in your team would Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea be lining up to buy?

Bump ;)

Without Ronaldo it is possible yes. Quality free kick taker, good in and around the box. It feels like he has been playing with injuries all season, still got 8 in 18, some games at left wing. Hardly s*** going.

Not really.

No one will touch ronaldo now, he is a class above. 28 goals, from the wing. Mental.

Torres is a far better goalscorer too.

I agree that Benitez is too conservative in the league. We do have some of the best players in the top 4, too, but our attacking players are well below the standard of Chelsea's, Arsenal's and Man Utd's. Obviously, Torres is the dog's bollocks (22 league goals), and Gerrard is very handy (11), but our other strikers and wingers have only scored 3 or 4 league goals each, which is s****. Kuyt in particular, has scored 3 in 30 games.

Why does he persist with Kuyt? He is very poor for me, Crouch is far more effective, is it due to the formation? Kyut seems to be right center attacking mid (or something like that)

Bump ;)

Not really.

Good for him. I'd say a fully fit Van Persie could do the exact same job Torres has done.

Its all opinions.

ANybody that critisise's Wenger, is wrong.

What is needed is

A winger, imagine the 35 games that Eboue has played, a quality RWer (Quaresma?).

Another Centre Half(No chance)

I dont agree with needing a striker. Eduardo, Adebayor, RvP, Bendtner, Walcott, Vela are enough for me.

Still think you need another striker, Eduardo is a big miss for you, he seemed like an intelligent in the box type of player, take him out the side and you dont have as many out and out strikers who will sit in the box and stick them away.

You have too many second strikers in my opinion.

Bump ;)

Not really.

Good for him. I'd say a fully fit Van Persie could do the exact same job Torres has done.

Its all opinions.

Wow, that's quite a claim.

I guess we'll see next season, if he can keep himself fit.

Bump ;)

Not really.

Its all opinions.

Wow, that's quite a claim.

I guess we'll see next season, if he can keep himself fit.

If he is shit quote me if you like.

:)

liverpool have some class players, Alonso and Mascherano in central midfield are a match for Essien, Hargreaves, Fabregas etc. Their defence is sound too so they've no worries there. Torres and Gerrard are, in their own way, almost as good as Rooney and Ronaldo are for Man Utd.

Of course Man Utd have other attacking talents and that's where Liverpool fall down, as they're relying on Pennant, Benayoun, Kuyt, Crouch and so on, UEFA cup standard players, not good enough for challenging for the league. Man Utd have Tevez, Scholes, Nani, Anderson, Giggs etc. If Benitez can add 2 or 3 players of quality in the forward areas Liverpool will be ready to challenge. But i reckon the biggest problem will be changing his mentality, they'll never win if he rotates players, takes premiership games less seriously and saves the best for big european ties.

What is needed is

A winger, imagine the 35 games that Eboue has played, a quality RWer (Quaresma?).

I dont agree with needing a striker. Eduardo, Adebayor, RvP, Bendtner, Walcott, Vela are enough for me.

Fair enough you know your team better than us, but looking from the outside, your lack of punch in the box is obvious. A player like Torres would do wonders for you

A player like Torres would do wonders for any team in the world. An absolute machine that lad.

of course, but this is the quality of footballer you need to win titles, or make the jump from 3rd to 1st

Shame we're not in a position to sign players like that really. I know people will mention Owen, but it's a completely different situation.

However, I was surprised Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United all decided (after watching Torres on numerous occasions) not to take a chance on him. Doesn't even take hindsight to see it was a mistake.

Newcastle United have the fanbase and the potential income to buy these players. I don't accept they would not come to a team that is now well known across europe albeit not so well known as the top 4 but well known.

Sell the club, show them the stadium, show them the support. Offer them the money, that we can afford. Show them ambition.

If you don't believe in the club, then they won't either.

Nobody will hit the ground running like us, when we heading upwards, if we do it right. This has been proven.

Johnny average players are no good for Newcastle United and never will be. The club has undersold itself for the vast majority of the last 50 years and longer. Even when we won the FA Cup e3 times in the 50's we only finished in the top 4 once ie between 1950 and 1955 we finished 4th, 8th, 16th, 15th, and 8th.

Without elaborating over a well made point made many times, the reason the southern hacks don't see us as the club they should is because of decades of having shite directors who didn't attempt to show them how we should be punching our weight.

I think I am correct [but may be wrong] as I was told this, but Jackie Sinclair was the first player we ever bought from another club in the top league, that was in 1968 or 1967. If this isn't true, then we didn't buy many before him. Amazing, and in the years that followed, the only others were Terry Hibbit [a Leeds reserve] in 1971, Geoff Nulty (Burnely 1975), Glen Keeley [ipswich reserve, 1974], Peter Withe (Villa 1978].......... I could go on, I hope you get the gist.

So whatever bollocks some people may say, or tell you, this is plain cold hard fact.

No wonder managers like Gordon Lee and Arthur Cox buggered off.

liverpool have some class players, Alonso and Mascherano in central midfield are a match for Essien, Hargreaves, Fabregas etc. Their defence is sound too so they've no worries there. Torres and Gerrard are, in their own way, almost as good as Rooney and Ronaldo are for Man Utd.

Of course Man Utd have other attacking talents and that's where Liverpool fall down, as they're relying on Pennant, Benayoun, Kuyt, Crouch and so on, UEFA cup standard players, not good enough for challenging for the league. Man Utd have Tevez, Scholes, Nani, Anderson, Giggs etc. If Benitez can add 2 or 3 players of quality in the forward areas Liverpool will be ready to challenge. But i reckon the biggest problem will be changing his mentality, they'll never win if he rotates players, takes premiership games less seriously and saves the best for big european ties.

It'll be interesting to see how they fare if they're able to add more quality depth. In theory, the rotation policy should work a lot better once they have more quality players to choose from, obviously.

More of a problem for them is Benitez's unwillingness to go out and really go at the weaker teams and attempt to simply overwhelm them with their superior players. Often they're simply too cautious against poorer teams and allow their opponents to get a foothold in the game that you feel they simply wouldn't have the chance to do if Liverpool went out and had a real go.

No reason they shouldn't be able to do so with Mascherano and Alonso in central midfield either if you ask me. My priority for Liverpool would be a right winger who can really be effective going forward, a replacement for Kuyt in other words. Someone like Bentley, who also works back defensively, would make a lot of sense.

I'll be interested to see Babel next year as well. Shows flashes of the ability to be a really, really devestating winger. After a season in the Premiership, maybe next year he can start to deliver consistently.

What is needed is

Fair enough you know your team better than us, but looking from the outside, your lack of punch in the box is obvious. A player like Torres would do wonders for you

A player like Torres would do wonders for any team in the world. An absolute machine that lad.

of course, but this is the quality of footballer you need to win titles, or make the jump from 3rd to 1st

Shame we're not in a position to sign players like that really. I know people will mention Owen, but it's a completely different situation.

However, I was surprised Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United all decided (after watching Torres on numerous occasions) not to take a chance on him. Doesn't even take hindsight to see it was a mistake.

Newcastle United have the fanbase and the potential income to buy these players. I don't accept they would not come to a team that is now well known across europe albeit not so well known as the top 4 but well known.

Sell the club, show them the stadium, show them the support. Offer them the money, that we can afford. Show them ambition.

Nobody will hit the ground running like us, when we heading upwards, if we do it right. This has been proven.

Johnny average players are no good for Newcastle United and never will be. The club has undersold itself for the vast majority of the last 50 years and longer. Even when we won the FA Cup e3 times in the 50's we only finished in the top 4 once ie between 1950 and 1955 we finished 4th, 8th, 16th, 15th, and 8th.

Without elaborating over a well made point made many times, the reason the southern hacks don't see us as the club they should is because of decades of having shite directors who didn't attempt to show them how we should be punching our weight.

I think I am correct [but may be wrong] as I was told this, but Jackie Sinclair was the first player we ever bought from another club in the top league, that was in 1968 or 1967. If this isn't true, then we didn't buy many before him. Amazing, and in the years that followed, the only others were Terry Hibbit [a Leeds reserve] in 1971, Geoff Nulty (Burnely 1975), Glen Keeley [ipswich reserve, 1974], Peter Withe (Villa 1978].......... I could go on, I hope you get the gist.

So whatever bollocks some people may say, or tell you, this is plain cold hard fact.

Things change though; mainly the Champions League, which every player in the world now wants to play in.

We also have the problem that there are bigger and better clubs out there (Rooney to Man United being one example). I can't think of a single example in the last 15 years of a top class player turning down a bigger club to come to us, apart from Shearer.

If we'd gone in for Torres at the same time as Liverpool, he would still have chosen Liverpool.

What is needed is

Things change though; mainly the Champions League, which every player in the world now wants to play in.

We also have the problem that there are bigger and better clubs out there (Rooney to Man United being one example). I can't think of a single example in the last 15 years of a top class player turning down a bigger club to come to us, apart from Shearer.

If we'd gone in for Torres at the same time as Liverpool, he would still have chosen Liverpool.

yes he would, and of course that is because they are in the Champions League and more well known. They are more well known because of decades of having an ambitious club and through the succeess which naturally followed.

When was the last time Liverpool had a bigger average crowd than us ? They don't even fill their 40,000 + ground for some games.

So why are they perceived as being bigger than us ie tragic that they haven't won the league for 17 years, whereas if we think we should be in europe, the southern hacks think we are "impatient for success and have ideas beyond our station".

Tradition, and perceptions, are there to be changed.

BTW, Duff may have flopped relative to the player he was at Blackburn, but he turned down Liverpool for us.

Guest Phil K

Just typical Man U/Liverpool supporting fat w****rs in the rags.

Ars*hol*s - every half-man/half-hippo of them (always think that, seeing Martin "tosser" Samuels in my mind)

BTW, Duff may have flopped relative to the player he was at Blackburn, but he turned down Liverpool for us and the ridiculous wages we pay him

Fixed.

as usual, an attempt to put across a factual constructive point in a debatable and open fashion is met with a brick wall.

There's no hope for you whatsoever.

Stick to debating with the other equally blank idiots.