Sunday Gossip

Thespence

Moubarak Boussoufa has already said he will not be moving club..

Crouch in for Viduka could wok though  O0

mmmm tbh i think viduka has legs for one more season, if we are going to buy a striker i would like to see a striker that could do damage coming off a bench with 20 mins to go. need players to create chances b4 we replace viduka IMO

mmmm tbh i think viduka has legs for one more season, if we are going to buy a striker i would like to see a striker that could do damage coming off a bench with 20 mins to go. need players to create chances b4 we replace viduka IMO

I want a striker that will do damage for the full 90mins & is so good he starts games.

I want a striker that will do damage for the full 90mins & is so good he starts games.

But do we need one we have 2 allready and 1 that can last for about 70 mins ? im of the opinion not really...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3416274,00.html

Boussoufa staying put

Mbark Boussoufa has shunned interest from England, Spain and France by declaring he wants to remain in Brussels

And yes we do need a striker thats going to score 20 a season and they will not do that from the bench, stick with the 4-3-3 idea and look for another big front man to replace Viduka who we all know will be injured a lot anyway.

Bafetimbi Gomis would be ideal. He's only 22-23 but is already looking a class act, would be easier to rotate than Crouch with Viduka since if we were to get Crouch, he'd be automatic first-choice. Ease him into the Premiership next season in the same way Chelsea & Arsenal did with Drogba & Adebayor, then watch him go.

Bafetimbi Gomis would be ideal. He's only 22-23 but is already looking a class act, would be easier to rotate than Crouch with Viduka since if we were to get Crouch, he'd be automatic first-choice. Ease him into the Premiership next season in the same way Chelsea & Arsenal did with Drogba & Adebayor, then watch him go.

I think he is definitely worth a good look at like, he reminds me of Drogba.Jones type striker.

------Owen-------------------Martins

------------------Gomis

Boussoufa staying put

Mbark Boussoufa has shunned interest from England, Spain and France by declaring he wants to remain in Brussels

And yes we do need a striker thats going to score 20 a season and they will not do that from the bench, stick with the 4-3-3 idea and look for another big front man to replace Viduka who we all know will be injured a lot anyway.

i can see where your coming from but i do feel if martins and owen are given the right opurtunities and the right midfield around them im sure they can both score 20 goals a season

Boussoufa staying put

i can see where your coming from but i do feel if martins and owen are given the right opurtunities and the right midfield around them im sure they can both score 20 goals a season

I agree but not as as front two partnership, they need to be part of a three man strike force as they are now.

Bafetimbi Gomis would be ideal. He's only 22-23 but is already looking a class act

seriously how many of you had heard of Bafetimbi Gomis before he was linked with us?

Judging by previous posts recently everyone seems to  know alot about him and therefore watch the French league week in week out. Either that or he`s particularly good on FM

Boussoufa staying put

I agree but not as as front two partnership, they need to be part of a three man strike force as they are now.

fair enough

Bafetimbi Gomis would be ideal. He's only 22-23 but is already looking a class act

seriously how many of you had heard of Bafetimbi Gomis before he was linked with us?

Judging by previous posts recently everyone seems to  know alot about him and therefore watch the French league week in week out. Either that or he`s particularly good on FM

Is why I said I thought he was worth another look, never said must buy., but maybe with him we can unearth a gem, rather risk it than blow a fortune on Crouch.

Lived in St-Etienne, still follow them as my second team, there's as much French football on TV with Setanta these days so get to see just as much of someone like him, as what I do Premiership players on Sky & MOTD. He's a class act. Mates who still live over there can't speak more highly of him either.

Crouch definately.

Thing is we all know that martins, owen and viduka are going to have spells on the sidelines, therefore crouch would have alot of games next year.

Replacing Viduka before he needs replacing, that's how transfers should be done.

Moubarak Boussoufa has already said he will not be moving club..

Crouch in for Viduka could wok though  O0

Out of the frying pan into the fire really

We need a target man with more mobility that Crouch, if Keegan wants to use pace to get Martins in behind then he'll need support from his strike partner and most Premiership defenders can jog as fast as Crouch can run, I'd prefer Gudjohnson to Crouch.

Even if these rumours could all be a giant sack of shite, I think its very encouraging to see us broadening our horizons and looking for the next big thing rather than go for the usual bog-standard top 4 reject.

We need a target man with more mobility that Crouch, if Keegan wants to use pace to get Martins in behind then he'll need support from his strike partner and most Premiership defenders can jog as fast as Crouch can run, I'd prefer Gudjohnson to Crouch.

I dont think he is striker anymore & he didn't look quick in last nights game from what I saw of him. I think he has been on sidelines too much at both Chelsea & Barca now for him to have a sharpness about him.

I dont think he is striker anymore & he didn't look quick in last nights game from what I saw of him. I think he has been on sidelines too much at both Chelsea & Barca now for him to have a sharpness about him.

He played up front for them the other week when I watched them although he usually covers Deco's position at the head of a midfield 3.

He's not a quick player like Martins but he's quite a bit faster than Crouch and would have no problem getting up to support a strike partner, he's strong and better than Crouch with the ball at his feet, he's also got a better footballing brain and is capable of picking out defence splitting passes which is why he plays so deep, that and his link up play.

I'd prefer to go for a younger player over both of them but nobody springs to mind at the moment.

i agree with baggio about Crouch. the problem with Viduka is mobility and Crouch has the exact same problem. both are pretty good with the ball at their feet tho. Gomis would rectify this problem and bring a new dimension to our attacking play, tho i don't think he is as skilful as Viduka or Crouch, and i don't think Owen and Martins have the creativity to compensate for that.

Julio Baptista would be a better signing and I think Keegan's style of football would suit him better than Arsenal's trying to walk it in style when he played there.

Shame he's said he didn't like playing up North.

£4m Aaron off to Toon

Aaron Lennon could be off to Newcastle for as little as £4million.

People Sport revealed two weeks ago Toon boss Kevin Keegan is leading the race to sign Tottenham's England winger.

And with Spurs boss Juande Ramos having decided Lennon has no White Hart Lane future, he will be available for a cut-price fee.

Spurs are not interested in a swap deal involving Toon's Charles N'Zogbia.

I can't see Spurs letting him go for anywhere near that tbh.

So today we've been linked with...

Allan McGregor

Carlos Cuellar

Wes Brown

Fernando Amorebieta

Richard Dunne

John Arne Riise

Moubarak Boussoufa

Aaron Lennon

Aiden McGeady

Jose Antonio Reyes

Peter Crouch