Fernando Amorebieta

Richard Dunne

John Arne Riise

Moubarak Boussoufa

Aaron Lennon

Aiden McGeady

Jose Antonio Reyes

Peter Crouch

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is preparing a swoop for Real Madrid defender Christoph Metzelder - The People.

So today we've been linked with...

Allan McGregor

Carlos Cuellar

Wes Brown

Fernando Amorebieta

Richard Dunne

John Arne Riise

Moubarak Boussoufa

Aaron Lennon

Aiden McGeady

Jose Antonio Reyes

Peter Crouch

Pretty uninspiring list. A few I haven't seen but others like Crouch, Brown and Riise I would be dissapointed with.

Bafetimbi Gomis would be ideal. He's only 22-23 but is already looking a class act

seriously how many of you had heard of Bafetimbi Gomis before he was linked with us?

Judging by previous posts recently everyone seems to  know alot about him and therefore watch the French league week in week out. Either that or he`s particularly good on FM

He's particulary good on FM.

I've been talking to my best friend, hes a huge Marseille fan and when i asked about Gomis he said this guy is exceptional. Hes not as good as Drogba was but he is much better then what Adebayor was, he says he has tremendous potential and that he could easily be the next big THING in the PL if someone signs him up. I dont watch the french league but do follow the scores and his stats has impressed me, and after this confirmation i say its worth for us to go after him.

The problem with having Crouch in your team is that it then becomes too easy an option to start launching long balls at him all day because of his obvious size.

If we could manage to stick to playing it on the ground then Crouch would actually be a fine signing, as his best quality is his link play, playing with his back to goal and bringing runners from deep into the game. Similiar player to Viduka really, and someone who gets severely overly-criticised due to his comical appearance. His first touch is superb.

He's far from top-class though so I'd prefer we looked elsewhere. I'd not be disappointed with us signing him by any means though tbh.

We do not need a keeper, we have Given, Harper, Krul who are all very good.

We should definately look to replace Viduka, Smith and possibly Duff too (depending on Zoggy's probable departure and better replacements being available). Also Sell/let go Car and Cacapa.

I'm hoping we could do better than Crouch although he would be an improvement. A Drogba type, tall, strong, quick striker who can hold the ball up well as well as score, like K Jones .

SWP or Lennon would be a good addition. Risse too although i do like the up and coming Enrique who would probably then lose his place.

Next year:

Krul

Harper

Given

Geremi  Diatta/Edgar  New CB      Risse?

Beye          Taylor      New CB      Enrique?         

Lua Lua  New CM/Butt?      Emre

Barton        Faye            Zoggy/New CM

SWP/Lennon    Carroll/New CF  Duff/Milner

Owen            New Striker      Martins

Subs: Harper, Geremi, Emre, Duff/New Player, Milner   

Given/Harper

Beye Faye Campbell Enrique

Arshavin  Toulalan  Moutinho

Owen

Gomis            Martins

Why Campbell?

Because no matter how old he is, he keeps on playing well and hes a leader in the back 4. We dont have a leader in the centre back who can direct the defensive line as neither Given or Harper does it. He would be able to play for another 2 years at his top and then Taylor would be able to blossom.

Riise would be a huge mistake.

Out of all the players we have been linked with, this is the 'Alan Smith' of transfers that strikes fear in to me everytime i hear his name.

I reckon Enrique is a better defender already.

Bafetimbi Gomis would be ideal. He's only 22-23 but is already looking a class act

seriously how many of you had heard of Bafetimbi Gomis before he was linked with us?

Judging by previous posts recently everyone seems to  know alot about him and therefore watch the French league week in week out. Either that or he`s particularly good on FM

He's particulary good on FM.

he's not, hes shit. A decent premiership striker at best.