Worst NUFC manager in last 15 years

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenny dlaglish worse than Roeder??

what is going on with this poll? Is it me am i missing something here?

Kenny Dalglish took over a team who were 2nd in the league and left a team 13th.

Yeh but he wasnt close to being THE worst manager in the past 15 years. I mean he did bring in some good lpayer and was absolutely robbed of the worlds best striker at the time. He did get us to a cup final, he tried to bring back the youth set up and didnt bring in absolute shit for us like Souness did. He did far more good than bad.

Roeder had nothing about him as a manager. But it would be unfair to call him the worse, but he was no better at all than Dalglish.

Yeh but he wasnt close to being THE worst manager in the past 15 years. I mean he did bring in some good lpayer and was absolutely robbed of the worlds best striker at the time. He did get us to a cup final, he tried to bring back the youth set up and didnt bring in absolute s*** for us like Souness did. He did far more good than bad.

Roeder had nothing about him as a manager. But it would be unfair to call him the worse, but he was no better at all than Dalglish.

I'll judge them on how they did while here as it's the managers job to get the best out of his team, only Keegan and Robson have managed that.

Guest shearer_united

I Cannot understand how one would use the 4 players in defense:

Carr - Bramble - Boumsong - Babayaro

Worst manager: Souness

Worst managerial spell: Allardyce

How does that work? :lol:

Worst in terms of ability, i.e core football and character skills was Souness.

Worst spell here was Big Sam who lasted 21 games, came with a big rep, high expectations, lots of ideas and so on.

It's about who was the worst NUFC manager though. Surely the worst spell = worst manager. Souness' spell was worse imo and far more damaging.

Keegan and SBR were successes.

Gullit and Roeder and Allardyce took us side ways

Souness and Dalglish took us backwards.

Souness was given 50m, therefore he loses.

Agree with that.

Guest Geordiecunny

When you consider Roeder took on the same team and season souness had and took us into europe, I think his first season was a success and his second was better than this season has been until the last five games. I don't think he was a failure.

Agree with that.

Same, i think its natural Allardyce is coming in second as he has just fucked off but he took the club sideways as it was where he picked it up when he left.

Souness doesnt have the right character for management, even his 'matey' approach with the players he didnt fall out with was probably counter-productive.