Chelski Clear Out - who do you fancy

Rob W

"we don't want cast offs from the top 4.  We've already got Smith, Butt and Duff.  And we had Parker".

There.  Someone said it.  Surprised it took that long!

Don't forget Geremi.  :coolsmiley:

And Babayaro

"we don't want cast offs from the top 4.  We've already got Smith, Butt and Duff.  And we had Parker".

And Babayaro

Yeah, well he's gone now isn't he?

And Babayaro

Yeah, well he's gone now isn't he?

So's Parker.

Lampard :)

Poor mans Rob Lee with a fat arse. No thanks.

You were one of 3 people I expected to reply :)

By the way, on a side issue - would having a poor mans Rob Lee really be a problem? It's not as if we've got anyone of Lee's quality is it.

By the way, on a side issue - would having a poor mans Rob Lee really be a problem? It's not as if we've got anyone of Lee's quality is it.

I was taking the piss Gol.

Slightly off-topic, but still on-topic (yeah I know, I know), but I think Chelsea are going to find it a lot more difficult from now on. The Mourinho factor and the billionaire owner novelty looks like it's wearing off to me, and it's not like 2-3 years ago where they could outspend everybody, of course they've still got sh*tloads, but so do a lost of other clubs at home and abroad these days.

I was taking the piss Gol.

I know, I worded it badly.

Sidwell is absolutely pathetic. He's had one good season and cashed in on it. I'd hate to see us sign someone without any sort of ambition whatsoever. He is the exact type of player that we should be avoiding - no quality and hungry for money. No thanks.

unlike 99% of the posters on here you mean???

Really don't rate Sidwell particularly highly, honestly don't think he's £4-5m worth better than what we already have in that position that's for sure.

might replace Smith???

Really don't rate Sidwell particularly highly, honestly don't think he's £4-5m worth better than what we already have in that position that's for sure.

might replace Smith???

True, but I don't think he's a great deal better if any, than Barton, Emre, Butt & Geremi. Sidwell would be a sideways step to me, there's got to be better out there that we can attract.

Only Shaun Wright-Phillips is both realistic and good enough... but even then i wouldn't be that arsed. You'd hope we'll have learnt from buying reject players from the Top 4 by now. I'd rather go for Lennon than Wright-Phillips tbh, even though - at this moment in time - i think SWP is the better player.

Only Shaun Wright-Phillips is both realistic and good enough... but even then i wouldn't be that arsed. You'd hope we'll have learnt from buying reject players from the Top 4 by now. I'd rather go for Lennon than Wright-Phillips tbh, even though - at this moment in time - i think SWP is the better player.

At the moment though, that'd mean signing a reject from a bottom half team, that's got to be worse! :lol:

might replace Smith???

Can't we replace our shite players with good ones for a change? Rather than with ones that are a only a bit better?

might replace Smith???

Can't we replace our shite players with good ones for a change? Rather than with ones that are a only a bit better?

Rob has a big soft spot for Reading, hence his love of Sidwell.

At the moment though, that'd mean signing a reject from a bottom half team, that's got to be worse! :lol:

What has actually happened to Lennon there? Haven't really followed it an awful lot.

He just seems the exact sort of player Keegan could really work with - six years younger than SWP for a start. He hasn't had three seasons of burning out, picking up medals and prestigious accolades at somewhere like Chelsea. He's still raw. Could be easier to ignite a hunger for success, than it would be with someone like SWP.

I like Wright-Phillips but i just don't know. It'd just be so typical of him to turn into another Duff, another Parker, another Geremi, (another Smith, Babayaro, etc). Most of us thought the first three there would be really good signings - just what we needed, etc.

I certainly wouldn't be crying into my pillow if we got SWP here, because he's still young and still a good player. He should be coming into his prime about now and i haven't seen enough to suggest that his prime is as good as it should have been.

I think i'd prefer we just steered clear from the Top 4 this time tbh. Not a completely logical way of thinking, but this transfer policy hasn't exactly worked a treat in previous seasons. :undecided: