Steve Bruce.

Optimistic Nut

Not a big fan, and have to admit I thought he'd lost the plot when he quit Birmingham to join Wigan when they were only 2 points above Derby, and thought when they sold there one decent player Landzaat in January they were all but doomed, but full credit to him, he's doing a good job there, signed some decent players, and getting some good results. Will be interesting to see if he can keep hold of the likes of Palacios & Valencia in the summer.

Think whoever took over Wigan would've done better than Chris Hutchings but fair play he has made them difficult to beat and done well. Big test will be next season to see if he can kick them on a notch.

Think whoever took over Wigan would've done better than Chris Hutchings but fair play he has made them difficult to beat and done well. Big test will be next season to see if he can kick them on a notch.

To be fair, I don't think there's anything more you can do with Wigan other than try and keep them up, and have the occasional good cup run.

To be fair, I don't think there's anything more you can do with Wigan other than try and keep them up, and have the occasional good cup run.

I guess but they have a few decent players (Kirkland, Heskey, Scharner, Palacios, Valencia, R.Taylor), a few more shrewd buys and they could definitely be a midtable team. Depends if Whelan is prepared to get his chequebook out.

Done a very good job and definitely one of the best English managers.

Never really understood why he is so disliked by Newcastle fans  -  nufc.com seem to have a passionate loathing for him.

He's a Geordie boy who's done well, he's proud of his roots and never hidden his accent (a la Dennis Tueart etc) or the fact he's a Newcastle supporter at heart.

He has a soft spot for Manu - so what ?   Personally I hate them but if I'd played for them in a championship winning side I dare say I'd have a soft spot too.

Done a good very good job and definitely one of the best English managers.

Never really understood why he is so disliked by Newcastle fans  -  nufc.com seem to have a passionate loathing for him.

He's a Geordie boy who's done well, he's proud of his roots and never hidden his accent (a la Dennis Tueart etc) or the fact he's a Newcastle supporter at heart.

He has a soft spot for Manu - so what ?   Personally I hate them but if I'd played for them in a championship winning side I dare say I'd have a soft spot too.

Agreed, always thought the hatred for him was over the top.

I hate him, the potato headed wanker.

It goes back to 7 minutes extra time played to allow him to score and Man United to steal the league from us, then carries on through his tenure at the filth.

I hate Steve Bruce, because every time he's linked with our hotseat, or during a pre-Newcastle match press conference, or when asked about that 0-0 game at St. Andrews that relegated Birmingham, he always says:

"Being a Geordie..."

:angry:

Guest GAMMELL

I hate him, the potato headed w******.

It goes back to 7 minutes extra time played to allow him to score and Man United to steal the league from us, then carries on through his tenure at the filth.

haw haw  :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Under the circs, he's done a superb job. I thought, after Derby, Wigan were odds on to be relegated this season.