Andy Reid

Benwell Lad

Have you ever seen anyone with a physique like that trying to play football at the highest level ?

Thing is he's probably their best player. Imagine your best player being 20 stone ?

Sorry, of course he's not their best player is he - their best player is a ManU reserve they have on loan ( despite Keane spending £45M on players they own ) and they'd have beaten us if he'd been playing, wouldn't they, instead of losing yet again ?

Keano theres only one Keano, Keano.....................................................

Guest michaelfoster

Have you ever seen anyone with a physique like that trying to play football at the highest level ?

Stephen 'Fat B@stard' Carr?

You've got to be kidding. Steven Carr is anorexic compared to Andy Reid.

He looks like he's come from the local pub team. FOUR million? How come none of the journalists have picked up on Keane's shite buys like him and Miller, and Chopra?

You've got to be kidding. Steven Carr is anorexic compared to Andy Reid.

He looks like he's come from the local pub team. FOUR million? How come none of the journalists have picked up on Keane's s**** buys like him and Miller, and Chopra?

etc, etc,etc.

Guest Mucky01

even though I read about SBR’s comments on his fitness last week I was shocked to see what a state he was in – every time the cameras panned to him he was like a pie monster trying to finish the Great North Run, hilarious.

I presume he has an injury that stops him from ever training?

even though I read about SBR’s comments on his fitness last week I was shocked to see what a state he was in – every time the cameras panned to him he was like a pie monster trying to finish the Great North Run, hilarious.

I presume he has an injury that stops him from ever training?

Yeah, it's a bit of a stomach problem actually.

Him and Jones were their only good players tbf.

Huge arse like. Enormous.

Was Jones that good ?

I'd heard the hype and was interested in seeing him first hand.

Decent target man but a bit one paced and flat footed. Don't think he'll ever be a regular goalscorer either.

Premiership quality ? I'd probably defer judgement until after next season.

Was Jones that good ?

Decent target man but a bit one paced and flat footed. Don't think he'll ever be a regular goalscorer either.

I think he did ok. If he'd had someone alongside him they might have caused us a few more problems.

Was Jones that good ?

I think he did ok. If he'd had someone alongside him they might have caused us a few more problems.

Me too.

Keano theres only one Keano, Keano.............................

Was Jones that good ?

Yep. Was totally isolated, but did well in the circumstances, I reckon. Good player.

Jones played his role brilliantly, I thought, but got absolutely zero support when he needed it.

Would be very good in Viduka's role here.

Did OK but has a long way to go before he could be compared to Viduka.

He has age on his side but thats about it, Viduka still does everything Jones does but better, and most importantly is always likely to get a goal.

Jones played his role brilliantly, I thought, but got absolutely zero support when he needed it.

I think Jones will be off in the summer...........but to whom?

I think Jones will be off in the summer...........but to whom?

I'd take him. Not sure who needs a player like him at the minute. A promoted club would love to get their hands on him, mind.

Jones is a good player.. knows how to impose himself and use his physique.. he's not the best on the ball and doesn't strike me as a lethal finisher but still..

i like Reid too, he has a decent technique and a good left foot, but to pay 4 mil. for such a fat bastard is a little ott

Did OK but has a long way to go before he could be compared to Viduka.

He has age on his side but thats about it, Viduka still does everything Jones does but better, and most importantly is always likely to get a goal.

The movement is the key thing for me, though. Viduka has class about him, no doubt, but he needs balls right into him if he's to do anything with them. He was very poor yesterday aside from the bit with Owen for the penalty, I thought, and I've been an ardent supporter of his all season. He has got neither the legs or the fitness to be our main man up top next season. Jones obviously lacks Viduka's nouse or touch, but would put himself about far more and would work defenders more.

I think the lad is destined for big things from what I've seen this season, and I'd love it if we robbed him off them - though I can't see it happening due to the rivalry.

I could see a few teams moving for him - Pompey, West Ham (goes without saying really), Man City, possibly even Liverpool if they lose Crouch.

I'd like to see us try for him but there's no way Quinn will let him move here.

I could see a few teams moving for him - Pompey, West Ham (goes without saying really), Man City, possibly even Liverpool if they lose Crouch.

I'd like to see us try for him but there's no way Quinn will let him move here.

I'm not sure he'd suit us, one OK season at the highest level and hardly ever finds the net.

If we were looking for someone like him there are better options who've already proven themselves.

Anyway does Quinn really have the final say in what happens ?

There's is a club where the tail probably wags the dog (no Roy Keane pun intended)

I think you're being overly harsh on the lad really. One Ok season!?

Firstly it's his first season in the premier league so to do what he has done already is impressive

Secondly he's playing for one of the worst teams in the league with crap players around him.

If he'd had the same season playing for Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd etc then you'd say it was OK. To do what he's done playing for the makems deserves a lot more credit IMO.

I think you're being overly harsh on the lad really. One Ok season!?

Firstly it's his first season in the premier league so to do what he has done already is impressive

Secondly he's playing for one of the worst teams in the league with crap players around him.

If he'd had the same season playing for Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd etc then you'd say it was OK. To do what he's done playing for the makems deserves a lot more credit IMO.

You rate him a lot more highly than I do. Fair enough.

Past Sunderland teams have had players who have really worried me when we've played them, Gabbiadini, Phillips etc.

He just doesn't worry me and hence I can't rate him too highly.

I thought Reid was their best player and he's 20 stone. Nuf said.