Andy Reid

Benwell Lad

I think you're being overly harsh on the lad really. One Ok season!?

Firstly it's his first season in the premier league so to do what he has done already is impressive

Secondly he's playing for one of the worst teams in the league with crap players around him.

If he'd had the same season playing for Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd etc then you'd say it was OK. To do what he's done playing for the makems deserves a lot more credit IMO.

You rate him a lot more highly than I do. Fair enough.

Past Sunderland teams have had players who have really worried me when we've played them, Gabbiadini, Phillips etc.

He just doesn't worry me and hence I can't rate him too highly.

I thought Reid was their best player and he's 20 stone. Nuf said.

What if he had someone like Keane, Defoe, Martins etc playing alongside him and 2 quality wingers whipping balls into the box?

My point is that he's surrounded by shite! He plays most of the game up top on his own with his back to goal, feeding off long balls from the back. If you surrounded him with quality players he'd thrive.

Firstly it's his first season in the premier league so to do what he has done already is impressive

Secondly he's playing for one of the worst teams in the league with crap players around him.

If he'd had the same season playing for Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd etc then you'd say it was OK. To do what he's done playing for the makems deserves a lot more credit IMO.

Past Sunderland teams have had players who have really worried me when we've played them, Gabbiadini, Phillips etc.

What if he had someone like Keane, Defoe, Martins etc playing alongside him and 2 quality wingers whipping balls into the box?

My point is that he's surrounded by s****! He plays most of the game up top on his own with his back to goal, feeding off long balls from the back. If you surrounded him with quality players he'd thrive.

Dunno. Too many "what if's" to make me want to sign him.

I'd rather he proved himself and also showed some ability to notch before spending the type of money they'd be asking.

Better proven players will be available for that kind of money.

My point is that he's surrounded by s****! He plays most of the game up top on his own with his back to goal, feeding off long balls from the back. If you surrounded him with quality players he'd thrive.

I'd rather he proved himself and also showed some ability to notch before spending the type of money they'd be asking.

<b>Better proven players will be available for that kind of money</b>.

No doubt!

I don't think he'd represent particularly good value for money at all, but expecting a player to do more than he's done in a team of such poor quality is asking too much IMO.

Guest Stephen927

Jones is given literally no support by their midfield, and has long balls pinged up to him by the defenders all game.

I think he's done a canny job given the quality around him (or lack thereof  :iamatwat:). I'd be a bit unsure if we were to sign him. Would love to see what he could do with a pacy striker playing off him.

Can't understand Keane's insistance on 4-5-1. It can be effective if the midfield supports well, but they never do.

<b>Better proven players will be available for that kind of money</b>.

No doubt!

I don't think he'd represent particularly good value for money at all, but expecting a player to do more than he's done in a team of such poor quality is asking too much IMO.

Poor quality - his team mates were certainly that !

Looks like Roy has invested his £45M shrewdly. Not.

Keano theres only one Keano, Keano.............................................

Jones is given literally no support by their midfield, and has long balls pinged up to him by the defenders all game.

I think he's done a canny job given the quality around him (or lack thereof  :iamatwat:). I'd be a bit unsure if we were to sign him. Would love to see what he could do with a pacy striker playing off him.

Can't understand Keane's insistance on 4-5-1. It can be effective if the midfield supports well, but they never do.

Keano theres only one Keano, Keano.............................................

Guest Stephen927

:lol:

No happy medium with him. One minute hes the best young manager in the game, the next he's clueless.

It's only because he played for Man U (and was their captain) they (media) are half way up his backside. If Keegan had spent 40 million + on those players they would be wanting to put him into an asylum.

I just cannot get over the fact he spent 4 million on Andy Reid and 5 million on Michael Chopra!

And the rest.  :idiot2:

Guest Geordiecunny

tried to get the song "he's fucking shit scared of salad going" only a handful joined in.

Probably the 'going' at the end mate, doesn't fit.  O0

Sorry sir.

Guest loonietoonie
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/80534244.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CE41B024AE96D64D36B968E4F4BE24E0E30A760B0D811297 :2funny: